Titleist 907D1 Drivers Review

Information Added By

September 14, 2011

Reviewed by: Edward Rob ,  Shoots in the 80s

Titleist 907 D1

Summary:
I am so ecstatic at this very moment. I purchased this club from a guy for $100.00.
I sold my Callaway FT-5, Taylormade 510, and another Titleist 983k. This driver is AWESOME BABY. I mean my drives were straight and pure. I was averaging 320 off the tee. My longest traveled 367. And it was effortless. I have Titleist AP1 irons so I wanted a newer driver. This was a great purchase. The club has also been pured or spined. It seemed to make a difference.

Callaway C4, Callaway FT-5, Taylormade 510,
Titleist 983K, Taylormade Burner, Callaway Hyper X.

April 5, 2011

Reviewed by: jrook ,  Shoots in the 80s

907 D1 9.5 degree w/ vs proto shaft

Summary:
I picked up this driver on e-bay really cheap and all I can say is what a deal.
I'm not gonna tell you I gained yardage because if I did it isn't enough to even talk abou but it is one of the straightest drivers I've hit. It really seems like it just wants to go straight. I have a problem with an occasional snap hook but so far with this one my worst shots have just been strong draws. I don't slice or fade the ball often so I don't really know if it would help in that area but like I said it has all but eliminated my snap hook. I'm hitting more fairways and I'm just as far down the fairway as ever. A really easy club to hit straight so thats why I'm keeping it in my bag for awhile.

never used

I've owned or tried just about everything under the sun and the only thing that really compares is the Callaway FTiz tour which also for me goes straight somewhat like this one but at a much larger cost.

January 3, 2010

Reviewed by: Brandon ,  Shoots in the 70s

titleist 907 d1

Summary:
I didn't lose yardage but i didn't gain a massive 1,000 yards

It is very sturdily built and handles great.

I did gain about 10 yards off the tee

and it has a rather shallow face so u can hit it off the deck

I would recommend this to anybody that wants to get better

November 24, 2009

Reviewed by: jajossophat ,  Shoots in the 90s

907D1

Summary:
Pick this driver up on eBay for under $100 in excellent condition. It has the stock Aldila VS Proto 65 shaft in Stiff flex w/ Winn Xi7 grip, 9.5 loft.

Initial impressions are:

Asthetically pleasing at setup. Much better than some of the other drivers out there given its "max limit" triangle shape. I like the feel of swing weight despite others indicating they added lead tape. The sound at contact is also much more pleasing that other drivers I've tried.

First use was at an indoor range/dome. Like others have stated, it took a few swings to get the alignment dialed in. Contact was solid feeling on mis hits and on the sweet spot. Once I made a few adjustments after a couple poor swings (the only slices I hit) I was drilling it straight as an arrow into the back wall, some with a bit of a draw on them as well. That says quite a bit b/c I've never really had a draw with a driver before. I am looking forward to using this driver more during practice this off season and next year when I can get back out on the course again (I live in Buffalo). Would probably give it 5 stars but having not used in a real round, can't do that yet...

Taylor Made r580xd

October 30, 2009

Reviewed by: Brutus ,  Shoots in the 70s

Titleist D1

Summary:
This is still my driver of choice after hitting it and numerous others. I was looking to replace my original Hi-Bore so I was used to a non-conventional shaped head as this is. I kind of dig the flying triangle look!

I found it with a YS 6+ shaft and the combination is golden for for me. I can hit a hot penetrating drive with good height that I feel maxs out carry and roll. The feel is classic Titleist too. From my old days with the 975D, I loved the feel that is as close to persimmion as metal lets you get. Solid and that nice sound (completely unlike my Hi-Bore). the forgiveness is very high for a Titleist and not too bad relative to most high MOI drivers out there.

I tried the latest 909D2 to compare and didn't see much of a difference. Both were so sweet to hit, so since these can be found a great price now, I think they may be the way to go if you're looking at one or both or them.

Most Cleveland Launchers, some Hi-Bores, various others.