Titleist 907D2 Drivers Review

Titleist 907D2

Titleist. The #1 460cc driver on the PGA Tour.

When it comes to 460cc drivers, even at the highest level of competitive golf, there are plenty of choices. And Titleist continues to be the brand trusted above all others. Now there's the next evolution of 460cc driver technology, the new Titleist 907 drivers.

The Titleist 907D2 is a multi-material 460cc driver with an enhanced moment of inertia (MOI) for increased DISTANCE WITH WORKABILITY and shot control.

MOI is the clubhead's resistance to twisting on off-center impact (i.e., heel, toe, high, or low). A higher MOI value means more resistance to twisting. The benefit of a higher MOI is longer distance (better energy transfer from club to ball) on off-center impacts.

More Products from Titleist  >>

July 20, 2014

Reviewed by: Mark F ,  Shoots in the 80s

907D2

Summary:
I have found my driver.. So much for me is in appearance and swing weight. This club feels like it was built for my swing. I found it much more workable and plenty forgiving for my 10 handicap compared to the drivers listed below. I have also hit the 910 and 913 and prefer this one over them in launch and control. That being said I had a True Temper EI-70 shaft put in it as it is my \"GO TO\" shaft(comparably cheap as well). I play EI-70\'s in my 3 and 5 wood as well. Shaft is more important than club heads these days as most the \"new\" drivers all go long and they are all forgiving with today\'s demands. That is why it is important that you like the appearance and swing weight of the club. I\'m not saying to buy this or any driver because it looks cool. But it helps in the decision process for me. I hated the \"Square\" phase and I never could get confident hitting them. Trust in this driver and get fit for the proper shaft and being that it is a few years old you can find them fairly cheap. Get the shaft you prefer, and forget about looking at different Drivers for a few years like me and focus on getting the right irons which is much harder. I shake my head at people who buy new clubs every year. With experience comes precision but too each their own, I\'m glad the 907 D2 is \"My Own\".

None needed, altho in a past experience Titleist was super slow to respond to an iron issue..

Titleist 983, 905R, Cobra AMP, Mizuno MP-001, Cleveland Launcher, Sonartec TI-01, TM R7, R9, PING G-15, the lot..

May 7, 2011

Reviewed by: Jon ,  Shoots in the 80s

titilest d2

Summary:
I loved this driver i know play in the 80's thanks to this driver i hit it longer then anbody that i play against on the weekends not to metion that i am now driving 30 yards father with this then my other driver.

June 4, 2010

Reviewed by: Longpar5 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Titleist 907 D2

Summary:
Ebay purchase. I have been out of golf for about 2 years, and wanted to pick up where I left off, using my old clubs. NOPE. The FT Tour 9* with Aldila NV X stiff was NOT working. I had a 905R X stiff the year before I stopped and loved that, and remember wanting the D2 but went with the FT Tour due to ball trajectory. Having remembered that, I figure the D2 would be a good place to start. Turns out it is where I will end to. It is awesome, super hot face, easily worked, but wants to hit it straight, just like a driver should be. I love the appearance at set up, and it works well with the Aldila NV Proto stiff shaft I have in it to. I couldn't be happier. I am an admitted club junkie when it comes to irons, and hybrids, but driver's I like stay in the bag for years. This one will be there for years.

No idea

Callaway FT Tour (hard to control), Ping G5 (hooky), Titleist 905R (good)

November 10, 2009

Reviewed by: Robert Hatton ,  Shoots in the 70s

907 D2

Summary:
Driving the ball consistently is the weakest point of my game. I have played with Callaway, Ping, and Taylor Made Drivers, and the 907 D2 is the best driver that I have used in the last five years. I'm using the Aldila Voodoo shaft, Stiff Flex, 9.5 degree model, and had the shaft shortened from the grip end to 43.5", and added some lead tape to the bottom to bump up the lightened swing weight. The club sets up very square to the target which is a huge plus. I play Sonartec fairwoods, and Mizuno MP14 blades so my entire set is set up with a very square setup with no offset. This driver has great feel compared to the other top brand drivers and the Voodoo shaft is great for about a 100 mph swing speed. This product is a home run for Titleist, and I commend them on designing another great product to make golf more fun!!!!

Ping Rapture with NVS Stiff shaft does not have the balance and feel of the Titleist 907 D2. All the top drivers are very close in distance on Centerface Contact--the difference is in feel, balance, and repeatability. Titleist is best.

October 15, 2009

Reviewed by: famousdavis ,  Scratch Golfer

D2 Driver 8.5

Summary:
I'd school the in the review below all day every day. Anyway, I was on my way to shooting another 67 when my buddy asked me to hit his Titleist D2. I said what the heck and teed it up. Smashed one about 320 in the middle of the fairway. Hit it off the deck 270 yards onto the green and made eagle on the par 5. Now, keep in mind I'm a solid player...about as solid as you'll find who's not on the tour.

I went into the pro shop and the pro gave me a D2 Demo driver for free. He said, "as good as you hit it, I'll have the other members coming in like flies to buy it". I said "I know".

I've gone on to obliterate the course with this driver. I'm almost too good now. I almost feel guilty taking everyone's money each week.

Over and out.

The Reps always give me free stuff so I kind of like it.

Hit em all good. What can I say?