Titleist 907D2 Drivers Review

Titleist 907D2

Titleist. The #1 460cc driver on the PGA Tour.

When it comes to 460cc drivers, even at the highest level of competitive golf, there are plenty of choices. And Titleist continues to be the brand trusted above all others. Now there's the next evolution of 460cc driver technology, the new Titleist 907 drivers.

The Titleist 907D2 is a multi-material 460cc driver with an enhanced moment of inertia (MOI) for increased DISTANCE WITH WORKABILITY and shot control.

MOI is the clubhead's resistance to twisting on off-center impact (i.e., heel, toe, high, or low). A higher MOI value means more resistance to twisting. The benefit of a higher MOI is longer distance (better energy transfer from club to ball) on off-center impacts.

More Products from Titleist  >>

May 7, 2011

Reviewed by: Jon ,  Shoots in the 80s

titilest d2

Summary:
I loved this driver i know play in the 80's thanks to this driver i hit it longer then anbody that i play against on the weekends not to metion that i am now driving 30 yards father with this then my other driver.

June 4, 2010

Reviewed by: Longpar5 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Titleist 907 D2

Summary:
Ebay purchase. I have been out of golf for about 2 years, and wanted to pick up where I left off, using my old clubs. NOPE. The FT Tour 9* with Aldila NV X stiff was NOT working. I had a 905R X stiff the year before I stopped and loved that, and remember wanting the D2 but went with the FT Tour due to ball trajectory. Having remembered that, I figure the D2 would be a good place to start. Turns out it is where I will end to. It is awesome, super hot face, easily worked, but wants to hit it straight, just like a driver should be. I love the appearance at set up, and it works well with the Aldila NV Proto stiff shaft I have in it to. I couldn't be happier. I am an admitted club junkie when it comes to irons, and hybrids, but driver's I like stay in the bag for years. This one will be there for years.

No idea

Callaway FT Tour (hard to control), Ping G5 (hooky), Titleist 905R (good)

November 10, 2009

Reviewed by: Robert Hatton ,  Shoots in the 70s

907 D2

Summary:
Driving the ball consistently is the weakest point of my game. I have played with Callaway, Ping, and Taylor Made Drivers, and the 907 D2 is the best driver that I have used in the last five years. I'm using the Aldila Voodoo shaft, Stiff Flex, 9.5 degree model, and had the shaft shortened from the grip end to 43.5", and added some lead tape to the bottom to bump up the lightened swing weight. The club sets up very square to the target which is a huge plus. I play Sonartec fairwoods, and Mizuno MP14 blades so my entire set is set up with a very square setup with no offset. This driver has great feel compared to the other top brand drivers and the Voodoo shaft is great for about a 100 mph swing speed. This product is a home run for Titleist, and I commend them on designing another great product to make golf more fun!!!!

Ping Rapture with NVS Stiff shaft does not have the balance and feel of the Titleist 907 D2. All the top drivers are very close in distance on Centerface Contact--the difference is in feel, balance, and repeatability. Titleist is best.

October 15, 2009

Reviewed by: famousdavis ,  Scratch Golfer

D2 Driver 8.5

Summary:
I'd school the in the review below all day every day. Anyway, I was on my way to shooting another 67 when my buddy asked me to hit his Titleist D2. I said what the heck and teed it up. Smashed one about 320 in the middle of the fairway. Hit it off the deck 270 yards onto the green and made eagle on the par 5. Now, keep in mind I'm a solid player...about as solid as you'll find who's not on the tour.

I went into the pro shop and the pro gave me a D2 Demo driver for free. He said, "as good as you hit it, I'll have the other members coming in like flies to buy it". I said "I know".

I've gone on to obliterate the course with this driver. I'm almost too good now. I almost feel guilty taking everyone's money each week.

Over and out.

The Reps always give me free stuff so I kind of like it.

Hit em all good. What can I say?

September 3, 2009

Reviewed by: PGA Ty ,  Scratch Golfer

907 D2

Summary:
I have been a professional golfer since April of 2007. On the way "to the top" of my goals I had ALWAYS played rounds with people who used Titleist. I myself carried TaylorMade from driver-PW.
Although my irons have been the best set I have ever played with(R7-TP)I had ALWAYS had problems with my driver. It was so bad in fact, that I subconsciously opened the club face to the "square position" EVERYTIME I addressed the ball,then had to re-grip the club;THEN swing!
Needless to say my shots scattered left and right, trajectory was dependent on how open the club face was;thus,I had NO consistency. VERY frustrating.
I am a man who does his homework and after spending months of research, I found that the Titleist D2 was the best match for me because in it's "static position" the driver is square to open a degree. So upon addressing the ball NOW there is no need to open, re-grip, get unsure about the shot and end up in the rough NO MORE!It looks PERFECT, the ball bursts off the club-face, the sound is like listening to "The Beatles" for the first time (AMAZING LOL), I can hit a constant shot (and so can you) from "the deck" 280 yards and the distance is exactly what you want.
Someone had wrote a review stating something along the lines of-that they "cannot tell if your hitting the ball in the right place because it all sounds the same off the face of the club." Well, that cannot be further from the truth. The sound the club makes is second to none and if you hit it off center you will know right away with 2 results;
1. The ball does not go straight!
2. The club sounds "dead" and doesn't have that "springy, soft pop" that the 907 D2 has. THIS IS THE BEST DRIVER OUT! BETTER THAN THE 2009 versions in my opinion-BETTER THAN ANY DRIVER for a low handicapper or professional. This is the last thing I will say about the head of the club- for the first time in my life I can honestly say that I'll keep this driver for YEARS AND YEARS (which means A LOT because I normally get all new clubs once a year). FOLKS, PLEASE remember ONE MORE THING- PLEASE!! ****If you get this driver(or ANY other driver)**** make SURE you get a good shaft! Here is a little secret not known by the general public-the shaft MAKES the club. If the club head looks and feels right- get a great shaft put in, and you will have the best driver you could ever imagine! You wouldn't sell it for all the money in the world! Think about this-ANY touring pro will switch clubs (for money)as long as they can keep their shafts! It's what controls ALMOST everything when it comes to the equipment. And STOP GETTING TOO STIFF OF SHAFTS! My swing speed is 118MPH and I use a "regular" shaft! It's all about how fast you swing (YOUR TEMPO)- not how great of a player you are that depicts what shaft to purchase lol! Good luck and hit them straight! tylersalminen@yahoo.com

Golfsmith. They always take great care of me when I go there :) Nice guys

907 D2 Driver, TaylorMade V-Steel 15* 3Wood, TaylorMade V-Steel 18* 5Wood, TaylorMade V-steel 21* 7Wood, 5-PW TaylorMade R7-TP Irons, Titleist 56* SW, Titleist 60* LW, Ray Cook 35" Putter