Titleist 975D Drivers Review

Titleist 975D

The Titleist Titanium 975D is a pear-shape, deep face driver. The unique hosel and thru-bore shaft design and reinforced face-crown junction stiffens the head to provide increased ball speed and a sweet, solid feel and The internal weight and wall thickness are carefully managed to provide a flatter more penetrating ball flight.

More Products from Titleist  >>

Review Abstract
The “remarkable” Titleist 975 D Titanium boasts “impressive” distance, a “very solid” feel and an "awesome low 'penetrating' ball flight which cuts through the wind and gets a ton of roll." A “true player's club,” this driver “looks beautiful behind the ball, and is very workable” Players rave that it is truly “unbelievable,” and they “highly recommend it." ”Easily the best driver I've ever played, I'm not at all surprised it's #1 on tour."

March 12, 2013

Reviewed by: oldschoolrocker ,  Shoots in the 80s

975d

Summary:
Have been fed up with the 460cc heads and found that I was hitting my old persimmons almost as well, sometimes better, so I decided to go retro with the moderns and picked up a 10.5 975d. Wanted to put a steel shaft in it, but none available unless by special order at the shop doing the work, so instead I went with a NVS and had it cut to 43 inches. A little tinkering with some lead weight to optimize swing weight and WOW...after a couple of range sessions and 3 rounds of play I can say it is the BEST money I ever spent on my golf game. WHAT A DRIVER. The shorter shaft and smaller club face is $$$$. Added 20 yards to my drives and more accurate as well.

October 23, 2010

Reviewed by: TitleistMan99 ,  Shoots in the 90s

Titleist 975D

Summary:
The Titleist 975D. What can I say that hasn't already been said? I first learned of this driver back in the late 90's during "Tigermania" when he was still with Titleist. I always wanted one, but back in the day my parent's couldn't or wouldn't spend $400.00 on one club when my whole set cost the same price.

Fast forward a few years. I was in the pre-owned section of the golf store just looking around and saw this gem on the rack for $40.00 with a custom, Harrison Pro-Lite shaft. Without hesitation I took it off the shelf and got it regripped for $10.00 for a total sum of $50.00. Best money I've ever spent on my game. At the same time, I also purchased the slightly larger Titleist 983K but I was never a fan of big-headed drivers, or as a review before me calls them, "fish bowl drivers."

Compared to the drivers being put out today, the Titleist 983K is small, and the 975D is tiny. However, when I step up to the simulator and compare the distance I get with the 975D and the modern 450+CC drivers on the market, I get more distance with the 975D. It's large enough to give me confidence off the tee, but small enough that I don't see the driver swinging in my peripheral vision like I do the larger headed drivers out on the market. That just messes me up.

This is a driver, even though they stopped production on this in, I believe, 2003, you will enjoy for many years to come. I'm in the process of reshafting my 975D and 975F fairway wood as well as getting them refinished to look brand new because I plan on using both of them for as long as possible. Brings back a lot of great memories at a time that was unforgettable to me.

Tried them all, the Titleist 975D is the best, even by today's standards. Get one for $30.00, get it reshafted if you need to, and put it in your bag. You won't regret it!

July 23, 2010

Reviewed by: jetdriver ,  Shoots in the 80s

975D 9.5* EI-70 green stiff shaft

Summary:
This is my bread and butter driver. Solid feel. Slightly smaller than the 320-360 size I would prefer, but fine none the less. With a few warm up swings I can dial this driver in and roll it to the telephone pole holding the net at the end of the range within a few yards either way at about 270Y pretty consistantly. This driver is very accurate and consistant. The trajectory is medium to high and kind of just falls at the end so I tee it low for a more boring trajectory. I also have a smaller 976R 8* with Prolite red stiff shaft which is a fire rocket but at 8* requires every swing to be a max efficiency swing to get the extra distance every time. With the 975D, a normal swing performs just fine on the course. I recently tried a new 460cc Titleist D comp driver at Golfsmith on the sim and got the same results but since I can't swing those "shafted fishbowls" I was not as consistant.

March 17, 2010

Reviewed by: PopstheDog ,  Shoots in the 80s

Titlest 975D

Summary:
I bought the 975D and the 975F at my local PGA Superstore in the return/used section of the store. I have to say, compared to the more modern 460cc drivers I have used (Cobra S2, Cleveland Launcher, Ping G?, Taylor Made) the 975D suits me best. A somewhat lower trajectory and a very solid feel at impact makes this driver stand the test of time. Pick one up on EBAY for around $25 and see for yourself.

August 22, 2009

Reviewed by: Brett ,  Shoots in the 80s

Titleist 975D

Summary:
I have had this driver for the last 8 years and I can't get rid of it. By far the best driver I have ever hit. I own two Nike Dymo and Sumo Drivers, a 905R, and a Greatest Big Bertha. By far this is the best feeling and longest driver I own. I am starting to realize why tiger keeps putting this back in his bag. Don't was your money on a 460cc driver and spend about 20 dollars on ebay or at golf galaxy and enjoy it!!! I know I do!!!

Great needed a new headcover and they sent one out right away!!!

Nike Dymo2, Nike Sumo2 5900 Tour, Steelhead