Titleist Pro Titanium 905R Drivers Review

Titleist Pro Titanium 905R

High launch. Low spin. Maximum ball velocity. These are the ingredients to maximize driving distance. These are the performance deliverables built into Titleist Pro Titanium drivers. The 905R™ is a Tour-proven 460cc pear shaped titanium driver with shallow face for players seeking the ultimate combination of ball speed, launch angle, spin and forgiveness. With an extensive selection of lofts and shafts, Titleist Pro Titanium drivers are capable of optimizing launch conditions for a wide range of serious golfers.

More Products from Titleist  >>

July 5, 2013

Reviewed by: duncan reid ,  Shoots in the 70s

905r

Summary:
Play of 9 just bought this driver and all i can say that it is absolutely awesome. Had the R11s,910 D but this is just so easy to hit and goes absolutely miles. Carrying 285 with it and it doesnt go too high 9.5 stiff with Aldila 65 in it. Highly Recommend this even in 2013.

Titleist 910 D, Ping G10,

August 21, 2012

Reviewed by: papa ,  Shoots in the 70s

titliest 905r driver

Summary:
I'v been with this for 4 years, I am 55 years old and 5'10" 160Lb asian guy. it is absolutely perfect much with me. I never think about changing this club to other.

June 8, 2012

Reviewed by: J Haze ,  Shoots in the 70s

Titleist 905R 9.5 Proforce V2 Stiff

Summary:
I've had this driver for about 3 years now, buying and selling close to 15 other drivers along the way. From Mizuno, Callaway and Adams to Cleveland, Titleist, Taylor Made and everything in between, I always ended up coming back to this driver.
One of the main reasons is the Proforce V2 shaft that came with it, but other than that it is the classic look at address that sits open (like most tour spec drivers), the unbelievably sweet sound and its raw consistency both in distance and accuracy.

I purchased a 910D3 with the Project X 7c3 and was left disappointed with its distance and feel. I tried to get a Proforce V2 for it, but it would have cost me almost as much as I paid for it in the first place! Also tried the 910D3 with the Daimana Kai'ili but it still didnt measure up to my old favourite on the 905R...

Anyway back on topic... this driver has spectacular feel and suits the game of single figure players all the way to players in their 30's. It isn't adjustable, but if you can get your hands on one with the right specs suited to your swing speed, you aren't always trying to change your tools (loft/lie angle) instead of fixing your swing (the REAL issue with bad shots.

It has a large enough sweet spot so that even off-centre hits still go long. All this new "aerodynamic" technology and weird shaped heads make little or no difference when you go back to this driver and it equals or outperforms all the new promises that empty your wallet.

So before you empty your wallet on the latest fad with a white head with 40 adjustment options, buy one of these babies with an appropriate shaft option and take it to the range and out on the course. I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

Titleist 910D3 & D2, Taylor Made Burner (all options), R11 & R11S, Cleveland Hibore (whole range), Mizuno MP600 and countless others I can't remember off the top of my head

August 22, 2011

Reviewed by: famousdavis ,  Scratch Golfer

905R 8.5 loft

Summary:
Last week I won the club championship at one of the country clubs I belong to. It's the third time I've won it using the 905R driver. I've got the 8.5 loft with the Aldila NV-65 Stiff shaft. I bomb it out there about 285 with a slight fade. I'm arguably the best ballstriker at our club and people are always asking to see my driver. What I will NOT do is let people hit my driver. You want to hit it? Go get your own you cheap schizoid! I'm tried of people trying to use my stuff.

Anyway, it's nice to see a driver out there that is good enough for my game. I've got a message for the hackers out there. I'm watching you. If you slow down, chop up the fairway or fail to rake a trap I'll be all over you like flies on sh!t. It's bad enough that you hack yourself around the course and make us good players wait, but then you dare play the back tees and think you can play this game? You'd better recognize a good player when you see him. Like me.

Who cares? As if I'm going to spend 10 minutes waiting for some customer service rep who knows nothing about golf clubs.

I've hit all the clubs out there and don't have the time to recite them all to the likes of you.

June 13, 2011

Reviewed by: Soap Box Dave ,  Shoots in the 80s

Titleist Pro Titanium 905R Driver

Summary:
This is a great driver - it sits "square", has a smallish head compared with many of today's drivers but is forgiving. I used to play off 4, but my handicap has crept up to 10 - much of it due to poor driving. I have played a variety of drivers in the past few years from Cobra, Ping and Taylor Made but always had 2 or 3 drives per round which got me into big trouble. Lofts were from 7.5 degrees up to 9 as I was seeking a penetrating flight. My 905R is 10.5 BUT with a low torque stiff Proforce V2 shaft. What a revelation! No more snap hooks - and whilst the flight is higher than I have been used to, it still gets good run and bores through the wind well. It is slightly longer than other drivers I have used and far more accurate. It has already helped my handicap to come down. I highly recommend this shaft / head combination to anyone seeking good length with more accuracy.

Never used it