Titleist Pro Titanium 905T Drivers Review

More Products from Titleist  >>

September 11, 2012

Reviewed by: Ferdie ,  Shoots in the 90s

Titleist 905T Driver 10.5 deg Adlila NV 65 Stiff

Summary:
I was having trouble with my Ping Rapture V2 driver so I decided to try my uncle's Titleist 905T driver. He had his with 9.5 deg loft and Graphic Design YS-6+ shaft. I was very surprised that it was easy to hit considering it had a smaller head. Because I was able to hit it consistently, I ordered a pre-owned model with the specs I am now reviewing.
When I finally was able to try it on the range, I found it again very easy to hit, more than my 460 cc driver. I like the look of the smaller head. The sound is solid but more reserved than other drivers nowadays.
With my swing I need to tee the ball lower with this driver to avoid flying the ball too high. The mid-kick Aldila shaft also helped me have a more piercing flight. I can swing this club like a bat and with the proper mix of power and control, the direction is manageable and the distance considerable.
I salute the older drivers that still compete very well with later models. I recommend everyone to check out older models before splurging on the latest tech. They might perform even better for you.

No used.

Ping Rapture V2, TM Burner TP (2007), CG XL Hibore, Cobra Comp

December 28, 2011

Reviewed by: jetdriver ,  Shoots in the 80s

Titleist 905T Driver

Summary:
I always go to the range after Christmas to pick up good deals on dummies getting rid of "old" stuff after getting their new bright spit shine new equipment. Yesterday I picked up a "made to my order" 905T with the grafalloy blue stiff. I had given this guy's son some advice the other day on curing his slice so he wanted to just give it to me. I refused and gave his son 20 bucks which I figured would give him almost 3 buckets of balls to practice with. I only hit 3 shots with it since I was using the guys bucket but the thing is a great club. All three shots ended up within a yard or two of each other. It felt just like my 975D as far as consistancy but longer. I will see after a whole bucket in the next few days. I have not played a round for the last year. Hardly practiced at all.

August 31, 2011

Reviewed by: dvh61 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Titleist 905T 8.5° Speeder stiff

Summary:
I bought this club in our proshop for 120$. With its 8.5° loft and stiff Speeder shaft obviuosly not many golfers thought they could play it, so it was left over.
Since I never had a problem getting the ball up into the air I thought I should give it a try. I used to play a Taylormade 10° driver before which is a very nice club as well, but the Titleist 905T has simply blown me away from the very beginning. I gained around 50 yards with nearly every shot. The feel is fantastic and the sound when hit on the spot is very pleasing. Slight mis-hits give the penalty of lost distance but are still on the fairway or first cut most of the time.
I find it pretty easy to get the ball on a straight line. My misses are usually pulls into out of bounds which are long and straight as well.
So surely my fault, not the club's. The Titleist is also my first driver which gives me the opportunity to work the ball. Fades and Draws both work well and I use them more and more.
Since I bought this club 4 months ago my handicap has dropped by 5 strokes. I am now shooting low to mid 80s and have shot high 80s up into the low 90s before.
Whether this is all due to the driver I don't know but finding the fairway more often is surely part of it.
The classic look of the head is appealing to me as well. This is my first Titleist product I used (besides the balls of course) and has convinced that much that I would go for the following driver model should this one break some time in the future. I would even give the irons a look. Their concept of player's clubs is something I really like.
So if you run across this driver and are a reasonable ball striker with a not too low swing speed give this one a try. Certainly not for the beginner but it is easier to play than you might think.

never used

Taylormade FT-5, Callaway Diablo, Callaway Big Bertha

June 3, 2011

Reviewed by: John ,  Shoots in the 80s

Titleist 905T

Summary:
Paid about $75 for the driver, mine has the speeder stiff shaft. I shoot low 80s to upper 70s, driver swing speed is in the upper 90s, NO, I don't hit the ball 300 yards. But I have found this club to be very consistent, with a nice medium trajectory, easy to hit pretty straight. And it feels just great. Great value club. More consistent and straighter, my good ones are in the 250+ yard range.

m/a

Callaway FT-5 tour, Adams, 9032.

January 18, 2011

Reviewed by: Thomas Sparacio ,  Shoots in the 80s

905T Titleist

Summary:
Totally Agree-I have been playing the 905T for the past four years and matched it up against all the competition and it still performs the best hands down. I have the Graphic Design YS-6+ and love the combination. I did recently test drive the 910 D3 and felt that was a comparable replacement if necessary. The 910 D2 was not a good performer. I think the bore through shaft on the 905 makes it feel very solid. Still looking for that replacement…