Tommy Armour Golf Ayrtime Drivers Review

Tommy Armour Golf Ayrtime

• Three different launch angles
  • One tungsten weight
  • Distinctive head shape
  • Trajectory and maximize his distance
  • Higher launch at impact

More Products from Tommy Armour Golf  >>

June 26, 2010

Reviewed by: ohioglfr ,  Shoots in the 80s

Tommy Armour Ayr Time

Summary:
Bought one of these on EBay a while back. Ever the bargain hunter, I got one for $9.00 plus S&H. The previous owner reshafted it with a blow torch, or so it seems. So, I had to repair the paint on the hosel area. I also got rid of the TT BIMATRX shaft it came with; True Temper recommends that you DO NOT hit these on hard driving range mats! Replaced it with a nice Mamiya shaft. The point is, in removing the finish, I found a very substantial and well made head. I don't see how a previous poster could have dented the heel. The entire top surface of the head, while metal, is covered in a sheet of carbon fibre, which is covered by a thick coat of polyurathane finish (to hide the weave pattern of the carbon fibre). My guess is that Armour used the carbon fibre to either enhance the sound at impact or to produce a better feel. After repairing the head, I found this club and shaft combo hit very well with the weights in the "neutral" position. It consistantly out-drove my Ping driver by 5-7 yards, and I am hitting more fairways in regulation. For now, this stays in the bag. I almost clear-coated the carbon fibre top because it looked so cool, but gave it original appearence paint instead. A very satisfying driver. I gave the Value Rating five stars because, even at retail price, this club is a great value.

None attempted.

Ping i3 Blade and OS, Armour 845s and 855s.

June 2, 2009

Reviewed by: thumper ,  Shoots in the 70s

tommy armour ayr time

Summary:
fellow golfers, i've been golfing for 14 yrs, the last three yrs there has been only 1 driving weapon in my bag...the ayr time driver, 9.5 degree with the t/a high launch shaft.
my swing speed is approx 95-100 mph, distance is about 280-290 in the fair way, and never have i dented this club, there is something wrong with his swing, think of using a ball bat?
this club has paid for itself 10 fold and has replaced my titlest 983k.
if your just starting to golf or if you've been at it for years you know you can depend on a good driver in the tommy armour ayrtime....i love it..and i have used many a good drivers.

July 1, 2008

Reviewed by: larry ,  Shoots in the 80s

tommy armour ayrtime

Summary:
Sports Authority was selling left handed golf clubs for $3.00(really) clearing out ram and tommy armour clubs. I bought two drivers including this one. I have now taken my callaway ft3 out of bag and use this. After adjusting the weighting system to neutral setup, hit ball with slight draw and very difficult to hit slice. Same length as callaway. Cannot believe how good this club is.

May 30, 2008

Reviewed by: Gordo ,  Shoots in the 80s

Tommy Armour AYRTime

Summary:
I certainly do not mean to belitte fellow golfers, but I'd have to agree that denting the heal is not a driver malfunction! I have had the face of TaylorMade driver fracture and buckle the crown - that's a malfunction! Maybe going 1/2" shorter would help with striking the ground off the tee.

I have an AYRTime that has performed very well, particularly with two-piece balls. I like how straight I can hit drives on tight New England Courses. It is the only driver I have where I kept the "stock" shaft and found it to fit my swing. I also play with TA Silver Scot MB forged irons which sre absolute jewels.

My hope is taht every golfer finds the clubs they love.

Never needed on TA products

MacGregor M38 Eye-o-matic(my #2 driver), Cleveland Quadpro, TaylorMade 580, Callaway ERC

April 18, 2008

Reviewed by: BF ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ayrtime Driver Tommy Armour

Summary:
This is a GREAT driver. Very long and very forgiving overall. The prior review here talked about denting the driver and that was his complaint. If you are denting ANY driver, you have bigger problems that are not a true reflection/review of a product. Nuff said.....This is a must have and the prices are right now....!

have not needed...