Tour Edge Exotics XLD Drivers Review

Tour Edge Exotics XLD

The XLD's stealth-like geometric shape moves the head's center of gravity deeper and lower, generating an extremely high MOI. A contributing factor to the XLD's performance is a laser-welded beta titanium face. The face is computer-milled and features varying face thickness from 2.8mm on the outer edges to 3.3mm in the center for explosive power. The distance generated by the XLD is nothing short of electrifying.

More Products from Tour Edge  >>

December 2, 2010

Reviewed by: ROGERNP ,  Shoots in the 80s

XLD

Summary:
Pulled it out of the box and thought, UH-OH another lemon. looks were a bit more exagerated than online pics for depth and to date haven't been excited by high MOI heads. The sound is not music but the results have quickly earned a deaf ear. It is longer than any I've hit, off centers are not punishing and dispersion is fine. No regrets.

Not applicable, purchased second hand

Swung many and have been excited by few. Until now have favoured smaller heads with a tight but blissful sweetspot.

January 28, 2010

Reviewed by: Jesse Casteel ,  Shoots in the 70s

Tour Edge Exotics XLD

Summary:
I play the XLD in 10.5 and love this stick. Although the stock shaft wasike noodle for my swing Iswitched to a Grafaloy Prolite stiff and it turned this drver into a keeper. I average 290+ and i'll be 60 in May. The quality is on par with any driver on the market. If you want a beautiful driver long and accurate this is one you should at least take a look.

never needed

you name it

January 22, 2010

Reviewed by: tactmed1 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Tour Edge Exotics XLD Driver

Summary:
Bought this driver for my son last year with the senior flex shaft. He was 12 years old and driving the ball well over 200 yards. He averaged 225yrds but would reach out about 250yrds. I know because he would tee off from the same T box and would be just as far as my drives, and then give me a hard time about it ! Club is very forgiving, and he loves it. Played in a youth tournament and was out driving the other kids by a mile. He has alot of confidence in this club, and if some you Dad's out there are looking for an awsome club to buy your kid this is the one. Lite, accurate, and definitly has the distance. He also plays the XLD 15 degree 3 wood and loves it just as much as the driver. Plan on shaft upgrade this year. Thanks Tour Edge !

Tour Edge Exotics XLD 3 wood

August 3, 2009

Reviewed by: DawgDaddy ,  Shoots in the 80s

Tour Edge Exotics XLD

Summary:
I bought this driver last month, so I have approximately 20 rounds on it now. I bought this driver because I wanted to go to a driver I could work either way, and not have to compensate my set up and grip to keep from hooking the ball. This driver sets up square and the head shape is actually helpful in aligning your shot. I have a 94 MPH swing speed and am seeing approximately a 6 to 8 yard increase in my drives, nothing spectacular, but I don't want to give the yards back either. The driver I was hitting before was the Taylor Made R7 460, it has a 1* closed face. I did not like the sound the driver makes the 1st few times I hit it, but I don't even notice the sound now. I would recommend this driver to any non-slicer, but if you are a slicer, you won't be able to keep this one on the course.

July 20, 2009

Reviewed by: Robert Welty ,  Shoots in the 80s

Tour Edge XLD Driver

Summary:
The XLD is fun! I can swing hard and hit a power fade. Bought the 9* Stiff and hit it high and long. Using one less club for a second shot on good drives. Not as loud as the Nike drivers. Love the shape and it sits square. The 46" shaft doesn't seem to be a problem.

Sent a free 3 wood.