Tour Edge Tour Edge Exotics XCG Drivers Review

Tour Edge Tour Edge Exotics XCG

he ground-breaking XCG serves up the most exhilarating experience in golf. It astonishes with its power and thrills with its performance.

An engineering break-through, the XCG features the industry's first magnesium crown. The ultra light magnesium crown displaces more weight to the sole. This unprecedented use of magnesium creates an extreme center-of-gravity (CG) position and high moment of inertia (MOI) for ultra long drives. Two times lighter than typical titanium crowns, the magnesium moves more weight to the heavy steel sole for less spin and an extremely high MOI in a traditional 460cc head shape. Another benefit of magnesium is the material's dampening characteristics. The result is that the crown and neck of the XCG are able to absorb more of the shock on contact, providing a smooth, powerful feeling at impact - a feeling only the XCG can deliver.

Developed for outright performance, the XCG uses the same titanium cupped face technology that took the golf world by storm and made the Exotics fairway wood famous. Featuring variable face thickness technology (VFT), the face delivers greater ball speed and rebound. The XCG's break-through combination of a titanium cupped face, magnesium crown and hyper steel body delivers unmatched performance and a crisp, powerful sound.

Also contributing to the XCG's extraordinary power is the Graphite Design X-Quad ultra light shaft. It features a medium-firm, yet active tip by interweaving the graphite strands at four angles. The X-Quad's 4-way interweave technology improves stability at impact for pinpoint control.

Experience the XCG. It's unlike any driver you've ever known.

More Products from Tour Edge  >>

Web Address
Information Added By

In The Hole Golf

November 16, 2010

Reviewed by: jrook ,  Shoots in the 80s

XCG 9 degree DVS shaft

Summary:
I ahven't had any problem with my driver. All I can say about this one is it is as long as any I've hit but where it really stands out is the accuracy. I hit more fairways with this driver than any I've had in the past and I've had just about everything you can name. Don't understand though how a guy in an earlier review claims he shoots in the 70's but says the club is tough to draw. I hit nothing but either straight, draw and sometime but rare the dreaded hook. I have yet to hit a fade or slice with this driver. I think anyone who supposedly shoots in the 70's should be able to draw pretty much any club made so I have to believe one of those statements is false, probably the 70's one. Give it a try it won't disappoint. It is a low spin head so the trajectory isn't quit as high as you might be used to but for myself who hits the ball high anyway it has made me have a nice piercing trajectory.

Haven't tried but with a lifetime warranty you kinda can't go wrong here.

Tried or owned every big name driver just about made and nothing truly compares.

June 9, 2009

Reviewed by: John ,  Shoots in the 90s

Tour Edge Exotics XCG Driver 9*

Summary:
I've been a fan of Tour Edge for over 10 years, but haven't had the best experience with the XCG driver. When new it performed very well and was quite long, but two quality problems came up:

1) The XCG emblem on the bottom of the head fell off about two weeks after purchase (purely cosmetic).

2) The head developed a hairline crack near the hosel that extended about 1.5" toward the back of the club along the weld/braze seam. I only noticed it after wondering why my drives had lost about 30 yards during my last few rounds.

Tour Edge has a really good warranty, so I'm not worried about getting it replaced. However, what *does* worry me is that when I dropped off the club at the golf store for replacement, I noticed that 7 of the 8 XCG drivers in their display rack that had been unwrapped and swung at the store had this same crack to some degree! The store employee was very concerned about this when I showed him. The crack is not easily spotted at first glance, so I have to wonder how widespread this issue really is...

Ignoring the quality issues, I would rate the performance of this club at a 4 or 5.

Customer service is excellent. They replaced my 6-year-old Bazooka driver last year after its face cracked. I trust they'll do the same with my XCG.

May 9, 2009

Reviewed by: Jack ,  Shoots in the 80s

Tour Edge Exotic XCG

Summary:
Purchased from Tour Edge refurbished, out standing club, DVS shaft with 10.5 loft. Long, straight, low spin good launch angle.

Never used

Not worth mentioning

March 25, 2009

Reviewed by: Mikehy ,  Shoots in the 80s

Tour Exotics XCG Driver

Summary:
Recently purchased a slightly used 10.5 Driver, R Shaft. Immediately picked up 20+ yards. I have been struggling with my distance the last year (63 yrs old, 8 index). Tried Ping G-10 / Cobra L4V without adding distance. The ball seems to explode off the face of the XCG. Low to mid ball flight for my swing, incredible distance so the ball speed must have really jumped from previous drives. Also hope the quality issues don't ruin the experience

None yet

Ping G-10, Cobra L4V

February 12, 2009

Reviewed by: kagey1 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Tour Edge Exotics XCG

Summary:
Luckily I haven't had any of the quality issues yet that others have mentioned. As far as the performance of the driver it's by far the longest driver I've hit. I've got a tendency to hit a draw that often turns into a nasty hook so the fact that this club has a fade bias is actually helping me out. I'd say it's easily 20-30 yards longer than the Cleveland Launcher that I've been using and the feel when good contact is made is much smoother. It's almost effortless to launch a long drive with just a hint of fade. I don't get much roll with this driver as the ball flight seems to be higher and the landing softer than what I'm used to. This is good in that it keeps me out of trouble on many holes but bad in that I wonder how long it would be if I got that extra roll. I've only had the club for 3 weeks so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it holds together. If it does crack I might look to the XLD since it doesn't appear to have the same quality issues and is just as long. Based on the cost of this model compared to some others that are supposed to be similarly long it's a great value for the performance.