>>Reviews >> Fairway Woods >>

Adams Golf Tight Lies Fairway Woods Review

Adams Golf Tight Lies

Review Abstract
The Adams Tight Lies are solid, easy to hit, and consistent. These clubs are also straight, long, and have a terrific feel. Hitting the ball is almost "effortless" as well as "accurate." Owners praise this unit for the great control, and distance coverage offered. Several reviewers claim "this club has improved my game tremendously." "If you're looking for a confidence building club to help you work your way up to a driver, try this." Definetly "worth the money."

In The Hole Golf

July 30, 2010

Reviewed by: Kevin Sweeney ,  Shoots in the 90s

Tight Lies Strong 5

Summary:
I am not a very good golfer, inconsistency being my main problem. This is the only club in my bag that I can hit consistently straight and fairly long. I bought one of these from the bargain bin at Sports Authority about two years ago at the recommendation of the salesman. He was right; this club is very easy to hit. Worm burners happen and my slice goes away with this club.

Yamaha carbon fiber (head) 5 wood.

March 31, 2010

Reviewed by: BridgestoneFan01 ,  Shoots in the 90s

3 Tight Lies

Summary:
Okay, 4 years ago I found my first tight lies 3 wood
on clearance at walmart. I bought it and was shocked at how well i could hit it consistantly off the fairway and in decent rough. I have never had a problem hitting this club in wet conditions and as for teeing it up, it is true you can't tee it like a normal 3 wood. I found the best way to tee it is the way I tee my hybrid. Just a little higher then teeing up with an iron. I would say the tight lies has reduced my strokes by about 6. I found a more recent version online a few years ago that seems to be the same as all my other tight lies but it seems to be made better then my much earlier models. I recently decided to replace the regular shaft with an Adilia Wasabi X stiff shaft and new grip and my consistency has even gotten better best decision I've made in awhile. Though, I believe now this club is more rescue then a true wood it will improve your game almost imediately.

Bridgestone J33 3 and 5 fairway woods

September 13, 2009

Reviewed by: Puddlethumper ,  Shoots in the 100s

Adams Tight Lies Strong 3 Wood

Summary:
I like this club!

I am a fairly new golfer and have struggled with fairway woods. I thought that Callaways would be a safe bet to start out on, but have not been able to hit them with any consistency.

I found this club at a garage sale for $2.00 needing a new grip. I figured, "What the heck", bought it and took it out to the range today to try hitting some balls. My Callaways are going into the "back-up" bag and I'm getting the Tight Lies 5 wood to complete this setup!

The club hits pure and clean right from the start. When I hit it clean the ball takes off like a jet fighter and heads down-range like it is on a string! Talk about a confidence builder! There might be better clubs out there, but I'm not going to be looking for a better club for some time to come.

Callaway Big Bertha 2004

August 31, 2007

Reviewed by: James Henderson ,  Shoots in the 90s

Tight Lies 3 wood

Summary:
I just bought the Tight Lies 3 wood and it works great. I have a wilson ultra set of clubs which is ok for me because I have been playing for just a year, but I struggled with consistency with my woods. I went to the range yesterday with my new Tight Lies and from the ground I'm constistantly getting 200+ yard shots. Off the tee I was around 260. This is great club for price and it works well with a solid steady swing. Great Club!!!!

None

Wilson Ultra 3 Wood

August 29, 2007

Reviewed by: Ryan ,  Shoots in the 90s

16 Degree

Summary:
Not a bad clud. Gets the ball up in the air with a pretty strait flight pattern. This would be a great buy for anyone who doesn't use their fairway woods too often and doesn't want to invest a large amount of money on them.

Not Needed