>>Reviews >> Fairway Woods >>

Bang Bang-O-Matic

February 26, 2007

Reviewed by: coolman26 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Bang Hybrid

Summary:
Really a nice hybrid. Total cost was around $100. Got it at a discount, but head is normally $65. I Have owned more than I can count. Plays very much like a fairway wood. Not a lot of camber on the sole, but works very well from a tight lie. I shafted it with the IRod hybrid shaft with 2.4 degrees of torque. The only hybrid I've ever hit that didn't want to balloon into the wind. Penetrating ball flight. Eventhough it is penetrating, it creates enough spin to stop it on the green. Can't say enough about this club. I hit this club 205 and it's 21 degrees of loft. Happy to finally end the hybrid search.

Customer service was awesome. Chris at Bang made things right after I received a Bang-O-matic driver that was out of spec. Took care of the driver and discounted this head to make me happy. How often do you get that? First rate!

I will list them in order of my favorites to the worst. 1)Bang Hybrid 2) Golfsmith Quick Strike Tour 3)Sonartec Md 4)MacGregor NVG 5)Halo 6) Taylor Made Rescue Mid 7) Ping G5 I told you I had owned many. Didn't thik I could find one to knock out the QS Tour, but i did and the search ends here.

August 5, 2005

Reviewed by: cybear ,  Shoots in the 90s

Bang-O-Matic 7 wood

Summary:
This is a Titanium fairway wood. 24 degree loft and I hit it about 175yds to 185yds off the fairway. (95mph driver SS) Very easy to hit straight or work. Good out of rough. Wood was fitted with SK Fiber Tour 80 Shaft. Reg for my swing. Only $145 for www.lowprogolf.com Much cheaper and better than the Ping 7 wood it replace. My favorite fairway wood.

LowProGolf.com great service. Help with shaft choice on these custom buit clubs. Bang heads have a lifetime warranty.

Ping, Olimar,Ram,

May 15, 2005

Reviewed by: TheRod ,  Shoots in the 70s

Bang-o-matic

Summary:
Great 3 wood, easily the best fairway wood I've ever owned. Went back and purchased the matching 5 wood. Great feel, trajectory, and very forgiving. And great for the price, too.