>>Reviews >> Fairway Woods >>

Bang Bang-O-Matic

April 23, 2017

Reviewed by: Dr. Joel S. Engel ,  Shoots in the 80s

Bang-O-Matic

Summary:
I have had my 12 degree driver with an Aldilla graphite shaft with a low kick point for some 12 years now with only 1 reshafting. I am in my 80\'s and this club tops out at almost 250 yards off the T box and off a T on the fairway more than 200 yards. By far the greatest club I have ever played with. My partners are amazed and are still playing with their 10-11 degree Calaaways, etc and come no where close.
Never considered any other clubs in the Bang line but at this point in time my 2 hybrids and my forged McGreggor 7-9 clubs will have to make it to the casket.
Great company. I learned about Bang from an employees husband who is a long ball driver.

no experience with company

Tried every driver from 10- 11.5 degrees and cannot compare to Bang-O-Matic.Sounds like a gimmicky name but it works. I especially like using from the fairway. The mass in the head is incredible.

February 26, 2007

Reviewed by: coolman26 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Bang Hybrid

Summary:
Really a nice hybrid. Total cost was around $100. Got it at a discount, but head is normally $65. I Have owned more than I can count. Plays very much like a fairway wood. Not a lot of camber on the sole, but works very well from a tight lie. I shafted it with the IRod hybrid shaft with 2.4 degrees of torque. The only hybrid I've ever hit that didn't want to balloon into the wind. Penetrating ball flight. Eventhough it is penetrating, it creates enough spin to stop it on the green. Can't say enough about this club. I hit this club 205 and it's 21 degrees of loft. Happy to finally end the hybrid search.

Customer service was awesome. Chris at Bang made things right after I received a Bang-O-matic driver that was out of spec. Took care of the driver and discounted this head to make me happy. How often do you get that? First rate!

I will list them in order of my favorites to the worst. 1)Bang Hybrid 2) Golfsmith Quick Strike Tour 3)Sonartec Md 4)MacGregor NVG 5)Halo 6) Taylor Made Rescue Mid 7) Ping G5 I told you I had owned many. Didn't thik I could find one to knock out the QS Tour, but i did and the search ends here.

August 5, 2005

Reviewed by: cybear ,  Shoots in the 90s

Bang-O-Matic 7 wood

Summary:
This is a Titanium fairway wood. 24 degree loft and I hit it about 175yds to 185yds off the fairway. (95mph driver SS) Very easy to hit straight or work. Good out of rough. Wood was fitted with SK Fiber Tour 80 Shaft. Reg for my swing. Only $145 for www.lowprogolf.com Much cheaper and better than the Ping 7 wood it replace. My favorite fairway wood.

LowProGolf.com great service. Help with shaft choice on these custom buit clubs. Bang heads have a lifetime warranty.

Ping, Olimar,Ram,

May 15, 2005

Reviewed by: TheRod ,  Shoots in the 70s

Bang-o-matic

Summary:
Great 3 wood, easily the best fairway wood I've ever owned. Went back and purchased the matching 5 wood. Great feel, trajectory, and very forgiving. And great for the price, too.