>>Reviews >> Fairway Woods >>

Ben Hogan Big Ben C-S3 Fairway Woods Review

Ben Hogan Big Ben C-S3

• 420 Profile Design
  • 6/4 Titanium construction
  • Maximum allowable C.O.R.
  • Tour proven Aldila NV Shaft

More Products from Ben Hogan  >>

November 3, 2009

Reviewed by: hokiepapa ,  Shoots in the 80s

Hogan CS3 Driver

Summary:
Love my Hogan CS3 9.5 graphite driver--it consistently finds the fairway and is easy to hit. The head is not the giant 460 and I can use regular length tees. My only complaint is the sound, but that was how the first metal clubs sounded, too. I am trying to find another in case this ones breaks, but they are hard to find.

I have used the TaylorMade, Titleist, and Mizuno with less performance than the Hogan.

July 23, 2008

Reviewed by: dan13no ,  Shoots in the 80s

Big Ben CS3

Summary:
Wow I love this club. I used to consistantly hit fairways..now I only hit greens. Par 5's..just a chance for me to get a double eagle or hole in one. I even use this bad boy as a putter. And I let it sleep in my bed while I sleep on the couch.

May 5, 2008

Reviewed by: Rick Earp ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ben Hogan CS-3 Draw Bias Driver

Summary:
Used this driver all 2007 and 2008 to-date. It is outstanding. Used to have a consistent fade that would vary depending on swing speed. I was consitently missing fairways and in trouble. This driver is consistently straight with almost no fade. I avg. between 250-260 yds. consistently with at least two 270+ drives per round. My three playing partners are amazed at the number of fairways I hit or how close I am when I miss. This club has permitted me the opportunity to hit consitently under 85 instead of over 85. I use the 9.5 draw bias version with the Aldila NV 70 shaft. This club will be in my bag until the face caves in. I feel fortunate to have found this club after having unsuccessfully played so many others.

Not used.

Calaway 460, Ping SI3 380, Taylor Made 320i, Maxfli A3 460

March 10, 2008

Reviewed by: Greg Howell ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ben Hogan Big Ben C-S3

Summary:
Wow, and that doesn't come close to this club. I've played golf for 25 years and never hit a driver like this. After playing with it three times I ordered another one just in case they stop making the C-S3. If you want to hit it long and straight, buy this club.

Taylor Made R-7, Ping G5, Calloway (three models)

November 14, 2007

Reviewed by: lim2596 ,  Shoots in the 90s

Ben Hogan CS-3

Summary:
Bought this driver in replacement of my Taylormade r7 460. Somehow i couldn't really control the big head size drivers. I tried this BH CS-3 on the range and the course. Amazing, my drives accuracy and distance improves!! Now drives at around 240-270yds STRAIGHT or slight fade compared to before 210-240yds with a big fade/slice. Recommended for beginners who wants to hit it straight and have better control of their games. BEN HOGAN CS-3 = MORE FAIRWAYS .. :D

Callaway FT-3 driver