>>Reviews >> Fairway Woods >>

More Products from Ben Hogan  >>

May 18, 2010

Reviewed by: vjb007 ,  Shoots in the 80s

C455 4-wood

Summary:
I concur with ykawahir. First, the C455 5-wood is by far the best fairway wood I have ever owned. It has the perfect head and flex (regular) for my slow-tempo swing (speed is about 90 mph). My distance with the 5-wood is about 190 yards. It has an almost boring trajectory (I wish I could hit all my clubs this way). Strangely, though, the C455 4-wood seems a different animal entirely. Unlike ykawahir, however, I tend to push rather than hook my 4-wood shots. I believe it’s due to my slow tempo and the shaft. The 4-wood overall feels heavier than the 5-wood and stiffer (although the shaft for both woods is the NV-H 70-R). My suggested solution: if your swing tempo is slow and swing speed is average and you’re contemplating the purchase of a C455 4-wood, try a senior (A) shaft (if available). It appears to me that might bring your 4-wood into harmony with the R-shafted 5-wood and also with an A-shafted Hogan C-S3 driver, which despite the somewhat divided pro-con reviews, provided me with excellent results and which I’m coming back to after a few years experimenting with other drivers.

December 11, 2009

Reviewed by: Lawdog714 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ben Hogan c455 woods

Summary:
I am an eleven handicap. I bought the 3 and 5 wood three weeks ago...I have hit the Ping ISI woods for twenty years..the Hogans are longer, more accurate and have a better ball flight. I can hit the 3 wood 225 like a wedge. The same for the 5 wood..about 190 like a wedge. I would encourage anyone to buy these woods for a chance to improve their play. They are a great value..I got mine for $20 on eabay...a deal new in the shrink wrap. I improved my first round with them by 5 strokes lower than my usual round and won enought money off my buddies to pay for one of the clubs..:)

August 29, 2009

Reviewed by: jgmath ,  Shoots in the 90s

Hogan C455 3 & 5 Wood

Summary:
Got a great deal on these $50 for both as they are now an older club. Bought on reputation of Hogan for quality and the limited reviews available and it was a rewarding purchase.

They have a nice sweet spot and spring like face and the club head weighting provides great distance just swinging within yourself. Pretty standard head size and mis hits still go well but hitting the sweetspot gives you unbelievable distance. The club is the only 3 wood I know that provides audible feedback when hit perfectly. They must have used the highest quality C455 steel to achieve this.

I have an avg ss at ~85-90 mph (driver) but can carry the 5 wood 210 and the 3 wood 230. Accuracy is outstanding as well. You just set up and hit the ball and the tendency is straight on a mid level trajectory. You can work the ball easily playing it forward keeping the same line but getting the ball higher in the air.

Beneficial to all ranges of handicappers but definately, like Hogan irons, appealing to players looking for tour level woods.

Cobra Ti, TM 300 series, Cleveland

August 14, 2009

Reviewed by: daz100 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Big Ben c455 7wood

Summary:
I have this club about 2 years and can't say anything bad about it really its solid and surprisingly long for a 7 wood
its ideal for long par 3's ditch your 2 or 3iron and put this in your bag superb.

none

August 4, 2008

Reviewed by: tgw ,  Shoots in the 90s

cs3, c455

Summary:
I was using the TM Quad R7 driver before swiching to the CS3 BH, and let me tell you, I added about 30-35 yards right away, plus my slice is completely, well, sliced, hehe. I never had a 5 wood before, so because I liked the CS3 so much, I decided to get a BH C455 5 wood for a try since it's a pretty good deal nowadays, and boy, it gives me more distance even than my TM R5 3 wood, don't know how that happens, by 10-15 yards (if someone knows why, please let me know). It also outperforms the R5 in the fairway, the ball lauches high and lands so softly, just like if I hit it with a hybrid (sort of speak, for some reasons, my hybrid shots don't land that soft..hehe). I'm thinking of replacing my R5 3W with another C455 but don't wanna give up the TM headcover in the bag, silly huh? Oh, do you think it's a good idea to pick up a 7W as well? I don't use my long irons very well, so I put the 3 iron home, got a 3 Hybrid (TM R7 draw), but lately since I got the C455 5W, my 4 iron is getting quite a bit off. Please advice if you can, should I add a 7W or a 4/5 Hybrid?

Never needed