>>Reviews >> Fairway Woods >>

More Products from Burrows Golf  >>

December 13, 2013

Reviewed by: Acm ,  Shoots in the 80s

Wood 3,5&7

Summary:
Got my mac powersphere woods when i started playing golf. Bought the wood 3,5&7. Got them for about $50,-

One of the best woods i ever played first shot i took was straight down the fairway and about 180M at sea level with a 3 wood, quite good for a beginner.
Since i got better my macs weren't al reliable as usual, went on a search for a different club with a stiff shaft, had all the big brands but nothing came close.
So i dusted off the mac's and tried em again.
The std fujikura shaft excellent btw. wasn't stiff enough so i refitted them with uts proforce v2 stiff.
Hit the wood 3 210~230 meter at sea level now.

Callaway diablo octane and razorfit, tailor-made rbz, Cleveland xls hibore,

July 19, 2011

Reviewed by: William Nigel-Jones ,  Shoots in the 80s

Mac Power driver

Summary:
The Mac power driver is the best driver I have ever owned. It is even better than my Ping driver. I can get at least another 30-50 yards from my drives.

November 22, 2008

Reviewed by: Paul ,  Shoots in the 90s

SiMAC Powersphere 3 and 5 woods

Summary:
I must say these clubs are amazing.
Mis-hits, off-center, name it and you got the ball long and straight.
I'm also looking to purchase their driver, but on hold due to exchange rate.
The only problem I have now is that this club hits too long and I must consider something to fill in between...

I don't need it.

MIZUNO, TAYLORMADE, RAM

July 23, 2008

Reviewed by: bribuc65 ,  Shoots in the 80s

MAC Powersphere by Burrows Golf

Summary:
No wonder Burrows went out of business. I picked up a new 9 wood and used it for awhile. Nice to start with until the head fell off.

July 17, 2008

Reviewed by: jjloans ,  Shoots in the 70s

Powersphere 400 cc

Summary:
This driver rocks. I traded a couple of cheap old drivers for this in like new condition (it was priced at $39 used), and it is in the bag. I have tried many, many drivers, and this is among the best (THE best, for me currently). The price is crazy... since Burrows went under, these drivers seem to be radioactive, they are giving them away on Ebay.

Mine came with the Fujikura HF-6, which I heard was so well liked by the folks at Fuji after designing it for Burrows, they brought it out themselves as the Tour Platform... expensive!

This is a very long and forgiving driver. I mean REALLY long. Easy to control, unless a wild hack is taken at the pellet, which is fun once in awhile, sound is solid, feel is great, feedback is good. Mine is 10.5*, R flex, 46".

At $39, it is crazy, as it is better than all of the $300-$400 drivers I have owned or tried. The 400 cc model is the best, IMO, and hard to find. I think it was the tour version, appears to be square.

I hit one of the longest drives of my life with this recently, 370, ground was a little dry, but what a gas! I am getting around 275 on average with a full but controlled swing.

Solid construction, thicker face, bummer about some of the others here cracking, but most drivers have a few flawed ones that come around sometimes... Looks a lot like the Titleist heads, which is fine. I am waiting for a MAC 3 wood with a fuji shaft bought off Ebay for $45 shipped... crazy.

none

Almost everything. Recently, the G10, Sumo2, 905r, Burner, Hi-Bore XL, Srixon 503. The Mac blows them all away.