>>Reviews >> Fairway Woods >>

More Products from Callaway  >>

August 10, 2012

Reviewed by: Erwin Mommers ,  Shoots in the 90s

Callaway BB 2007 5 wood

Summary:
Played with my wifes 5 wood when she wouldn't play with it. It had a light shaft and I hit it straight and far. So when she wanted it back I bought one on the internet with a steel shaft and it performs even better. Sometimes I impress myself with the distances I hit this club. It plays out of the ruff and from the fairways like a Hybrid but with the length of a fairway wood. Great club! Bought a X-series 3-wood later that I never could trust like this old 5 wood.

Havent had the need to use the costumers service yet,... which is also a good thing.

Driver Callaway FT-iZ, X-series 3-wood, X-22 Irons, X-series Hybrid 4.

June 17, 2008

Reviewed by: golfer7890 ,  Shoots in the 90s

bertha 2007 3w

Summary:
Pros:
Bigger head, wider face. Easy to hit consistent straight shots.

Cons:
The feel at impact kind of feels dead. The white sight line chips after ball striking.

Overall a good club to get the ball up. I couldnt stand the weak feel at impact so I traded it in for older Cobras.

Cally has great customer service.

X, TMs, Bertha Ti, Pings.

May 9, 2008

Reviewed by: DM_golfnut ,  Shoots in the 90s

Callaway 2007 Big Bertha 3-wood / graphite

Summary:
I was never satisfied with my TaylorMade Dual N 3-wood. It was decent but nothing special. I saw that Golf Digest and Golf Magazine both selected the Big Bertha Fairway as their top fairway wood in 2007. That caught my eye.

After a range session I bought the 3-wood with stock graphite shaft. It has been startling how well I hit this club. a) Most swings produce very solid contact; b) Trajectory is much better than other 3-woods; c) Distance is also a big improvement; d) Great off the deck or off the tee. Now qualifies as the best golf equipment purchase I have made (and I've had a few . . . ). Ordered the 5-wood.

TM Dual N, Ping G5

March 25, 2008

Reviewed by: tony ,  Shoots in the 80s

2007 bb 3-5wood

Summary:
Great feel and sound but in my opinion the stock shafts are junk. I had the stock callaway shaft in stiff and it seemed to soft in the tip and the bend point seemed to low causing shots to go to high. I recently reshafted with the v2 65gram low torque stiff and it gives me the best trajectory. Awsome head but consider reshafting to get the most out of this club head

February 10, 2008

Reviewed by: Pky6471 ,  Shoots in the 90s

Callaway 2007 BB 3-wood

Summary:
I have had a chance to play 3 rounds since my last review. This club is wonderful for me. It's much better, IMO, than my old 2004 Callaway 3-wood. I could launch the ball nicer and higher , similar to my 10-yr Olimar wood, except better. The ball jumps off the club face, I never had a 3-wood that I feel and play as good as this club. I am considering a 5-wood now, and I am looking for a 5-wood with the Aldila NV shaft , which I like a lot, I believe it makes a big difference in the ball's flight

No one can beat Callaway in customer service, That's one of the reasons by I buy Callaway products

Olimar, 2004 Callaway, Taylormade, King Cobra