>>Reviews >> Fairway Woods >>

Callaway Great Big Bertha II Fairway Woods Review

Callaway Great Big Bertha II

Ultrathin high COR titanium face delivers high ball speed and exceptional forgiveness Internal weighting for low center of gravity produces a trajectory that enhances distance and control High performance GBB System 60 and GBB 50 shafts have shaft weight and torque tuned to match the swing tempo for each flex range Conforms to USGA and R&A rules

More Products from Callaway  >>

March 21, 2009

Reviewed by: lcastaneda45 ,  Shoots in the 100s

Great Big Bertha II 3 wood

Summary:
This club is unbelievable. I have used it for 3 rounds and I average 220 yards with this off the tee. My Taylormade driver stays in my bag. I have only been playing 8 months and could not drive consisitently until two weeks ago. This club hits it straight everytime. Bought used for 45 bucks, can't beat it. Quality is tremendous.

3ballsgolf.com great quick service!

none

September 21, 2008

Reviewed by: Pky6471 ,  Shoots in the 90s

Callaway Great Big Bertha II 3 Wood

Summary:
First at all, my average score is in the range of 87-92 at 130 slope ranking golf
courses.

I bought a brand new GBB 15* wood which comes with the GBB system 60 (60g?) R-flex due to good reviews. Took it out to my home course today and much to my surprise I hit it as well as my 2007 BB 15* wood, I like it so much that I just eBay'ed a 11* GBB driver , same shaft. The GBB II 3 wood's head is smaller than my current 2007 BB 3 wood, GBB II head is not shallow, smaller and taller and yet I can hit it as straight, the ball jumps off the club face nicely, and to my surprise, some hole I can hit it almost as long as my driver... Another great product from Callaway

Callaway is the best in customer service. I have used the a few times and I don't think that any other golf company can match its customer service department

August 14, 2008

Reviewed by: srh21golf ,  Shoots in the 80s

Great big bertha ii fairway wood 3,5,7

Summary:
These are the greatest clubs ever made bar none!!. I bought a big bertha ii 5 wood when they were released in 2004 and it is probably the only constant presence in my bag since then. If you want high long shots in to the green these are the clubs for you. Earlier this year i picked up the 3 wood and the 7 wood on ebay for less than $40 each!! and quite honestly i am shocked at how good they are. The clubs are confidence building at address and put other new models to shame (the current callaway clubs are not as good as this model).

I have owned most makes of golf equipment and play to a relatively good standard (low 80's high 70's), but these are unquestionably the best there is!!!.

Vijay Singh still carries one of these beauties in his bag and if its good enough for Vijay it is good enough for me.

Most major makes and current models!

December 29, 2007

Reviewed by: 2underpar ,  Shoots in the 70s

GBBII 3 Wood GD YS-6 stiff

Summary:
Do I dare say the I found the perfect 3 wood? Over the past several years I've been through many fairway woods, never quite finding the right one for me. Many of them treated me pretty well but none treated me like the GBBII. Maybe this club just fits my swing but I will say I really hit this stick solid.

Two days ago I was 245yds to the pin and riped one to the front of the green. Temp was 43 Degrees and the ground was saturated! All carry!! Trust me, I'm not a young kid fabricating some 320 yd avg drive. I'm just a little longer than average off the tee and certainly nothing to brag about.

The GBBII sets up nice behind the ball and really inspires a good swing. Seems very easy to hit from a tight fairway, which for me has been rather problematic with other 3 woods.

I will say that the stock callaway firm shaft for this club isn't a good fit for me. It produced some big sweeping draws and not as long (probably because I was afraid of another big hook if I really went after it).

Have used there customer service in the past and they are the best!

Just about every major (and many minor) makes out there.

May 22, 2006

Reviewed by: dbigelow44 ,  Shoots in the 90s

Great Big Bertha II 3W

Summary:
I was looking for a club that would offer control on tight fairways.(mainly off the tee) I found this club used at 2nd swing, and based on the reviews and testing it at the store, gave it a try. Well, I got what I was looking for and more. I've never been a very good player with my woods in the fairway, but this club was different. I'm not a real big hitter, but I am getting between 210 to 220 off the grass and it's been dead straight so far. At this point I have no complaints.

2nd Swing is alright. I prefer to shop at golf smith, but they had this club for $50 so I pulled the trigger.

Adams Tight Lies GT, Adams Ovation, Calloway Steelhead.