>>Reviews >> Fairway Woods >>

Callaway Golf

October 23, 2009

Reviewed by: gcol ,  Shoots in the 90s

Cleveland Halo Hybrids

Summary:
Let me start by saying I picked up golf less than a year ago and my wife is already a golf widow! My short game also needs alot of work. I brought the Halo 4 iron and along with some patience from my pro I am hitting the ball sweet with these babies. I have since purchased the 2 and 3 iron and am consistantly hitting 195 metres with the 3 (Dead straight. What a feeling). The 4 is my go to for anything within 170 and the 2 hits as far as my new and very expensive Nike Dymo 3 wood. I would highly recommend these clubs.

Not used

Taylor Made 19 degree 3 iron

September 22, 2009

Reviewed by: golfer7890 ,  Shoots in the 90s

halo hybrids

Summary:
Best hybrid I ever played. Very clean appearance at address, very solid feel at impact. The only bad aspect is the stock shaft. Good players will favor this hybrid. High handicappers will like the Hibore better-- similar to the Halo, but larger and more forgiving. The Halo is an excellent club that deserves more reception.

No email contact on website.

Hibore, Adams, Heavenwood, Burner, Rapture.

September 15, 2009

Reviewed by: GTA SOL ,  Shoots in the 80s

Cleveland Halo 3i

Summary:
I picked up one of these to replace my 3 iron / 4 iron. They are old and many newer models have come out but boy does this get the job done. Reliable from the rough and fairway, it is my 'go to' club for long par 3's or for second shots on par 5's when I'm not feeling confident with the woods.

I reshafted it with a Tru Temper XL Lite steel shaft to match my irons. I'm not sure why all manufactures put graphite shafts in their hybrids - is is meant to be an iron replacement club after all with the emphasis on accuracy as opposed to distance. I don't feel I have lost much if any distance switching shafts but I do know that I'm much more accurate with the steel shaft - it is 'point and shoot'.

Give one a try - much much cheaper than newer models with the same performance benefits.

Not Used

MD Golf Equaliser

October 18, 2008

Reviewed by: Dan Durant ,  Shoots in the 80s

Cleveland Halo 3i

Summary:
I went to several golf stores, and talked to some better golfers; all recommended the Halo over other hybrids. Now I agree; once you get used to the look at setup, you can just fire away. This club takes the place of my 5 iron, and fills the gap from my 3 wood to 5 iron (almost!!). I am contemplating a hybrid 1 or 2 iron to take care of the 220-250 gap now.

October 10, 2008

Reviewed by: goodieg ,  Shoots in the 90s

cleveland halo 1i 3i

Summary:
Got these clearanced @ $50 each.I feel like I stole these. Was looking for 1 an 3 hybrid was expecting to pay alot more.I know these are older models but I don`t care.These compare to HiBore`s.Long and straight.Very satisfied.
My home course is long & narrow,these are perfect off the tee and all over the course. They also came with headcovers
Hope someday I can find the 2i and 4i