>>Reviews >> Fairway Woods >>

Cobra F Speed Fairway Woods Review

Cobra F Speed

The F/Speed is for fast ball speed players looking for unmatched power and precision. Speed fairway metals complement the King Cobra Speed Drivers in providing increased distance, accuracy and forgiveness across the 9 points on the clubface. Like the King Cobra Speed drivers, Speed fairway metals have a larger clubface, which, combined with Cobra's advanced face technology, optimizes flex across the clubface for increased ball speed and distance. Speed fairway metals launch higher and have hotter clubfaces so you can hit longer, more accurate shots from the fairway.

More Products from Cobra  >>

July 7, 2013

Reviewed by: Jon ,  Shoots in the 80s

Summary:
This 3 wood has helped me get out of the tall rough and has done me very good. It took a little getting used to at first but now I know how to shape it. My swing speed is 104mph and it goes just under 280 if I hit it straight. I'd highly recommend this to anyone who loves shaping their long clubs a far distance if you're not wanting to shape the driver. I'd rate it 8.5 out of 10 on looks and accuracy.

I really enjoy hitting this club out of rough situations.

June 14, 2013

Reviewed by: Sean Stratton ,  Scratch Golfer

king cobra speed pro 13 degree 3+ w/ stock fujikura shaft 's' flex

Summary:
I have played this strong lofted 3 metal on and off for 6 years now. It has a very HOT face. The stock yellow 'made for' shaft is also a great shaft. If you are looking for a good inexpensive used 3 wood that can keep up with the new expensive stuff out there give this club a look on ebay or something. It is as good as any 3 wood ever made and they can be found inexpensive used these days. Take note that you should try the 15 degree if you have a slow swing speed. If you are a strong swinger with no trajectory issues try the 13 degree. It will give you a few extra yards over the 15 off the tee and also off the deck with the added roll.

just put your favorite grip on it and you won't need anything more.

my other 3 metal is a 13 degree taylor made v steel tour spoon with a dg s400 shaft. (another great club!)

November 21, 2009

Reviewed by: GtownGolfer22 ,  Shoots in the 70s

Cobra F-Speed 3 wood (15 degrees)

Summary:
This is the only 3 wood I've ever played in my young career playing golf. (not a pro or anything but I've only played for 3 or 4 years haha.) Some people don't like that the face sits a little closed at address, I LOVE it. I usually hit a little bit of a draw with all clubs, so I keep the face a little open at address with this club, and I can hit a controlled draw. Also, sometimes when my swing gets a little off I tend to lose that draw or hit even a little of a slice. I always hit this club good though because if that little slice comes on, I just set the club square and get that little draw back or hit it straight as an arrow! This is the only 3 wood that I've hit that has a feel of a hybrid more than a 3 wood. By that I mean it's alot easier to control than most 3 woods. The weighting is nice and the shorter length gives me more control off of the tee and on par 5's. Great club to have.

March 18, 2009

Reviewed by: jamesll9 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Cobra F speed woods

Summary:
I have bounced around with different clubs. A few years ago, I had F speed driver & fairway woods and hit them great. I sold them to a buddy, and have not hit anything as well since. I just got another set, one club at a time, on Ebay, and am very happy. I bought a Driver, 5 7 & 9, then my first iron is a 5 iron. They all have Regular NV shafts.

I hit the high lofted fairway woods better than hybrids and obvously better than long irons. Hey, even Tiger carries a 5 wood, now!

The deeper face on the fairway woods keeps the ball down, and I can fade or draw the shots (unlike others in this post who seem to be hooking these too much). The F-speed does NOT have a significantly closed face, although the offset M Speed certainly does.

Why no 3 wood? The 5 wood is 18 degrees and the 3 is 15.5. I can hit a good 5 wood within 10 yards of a 3 wood (most of you can...try it some time), and how often do you really need the extra 10 yards, anyway? I find it is more important to have an extra wedge in the bag.

Cheers, all!

Cleveland Launcher, Mizuno F60, Taylormade Burner & R7 & V-steel.

August 7, 2007

Reviewed by: Kevin ,  Shoots in the 70s

3W regular graphite

Summary:
Like the driver in this series this is the most forgiving fairway wood I've hit. Very high, long and straight. Face is deep enough to be solid on the tee, but shallow enough that a tight lie in the fairway isn't an issue either.