>>Reviews >> Fairway Woods >>

More Products from KZG  >>

February 26, 2009

Reviewed by: jwh917 ,  Shoots in the 80s

KZG Cobalt 3 Wood

Summary:
I've played this KZG Cobalt 3 wood since it first came out.I have it with the Harrison Striper stiff graphite shaft.I don't know if it's the shaft or clubhead,but this is the finest 3 wood i've ever played.Just a pleasure to hit.Good feel,appearance and great accuracy.I'm now going to get the Cobalt 5 wood(have no idea why i waited so long).Give KZG a try.And no i do not work or no anyone affiliated with the company.

Have not used.

July 9, 2007

Reviewed by: ironman ,  Shoots in the 90s

KZG Cobalt 4 Wood 17*

Summary:
I was happy with the KZG RBT/FW 15* 3 Wood for tee shots, but the large head and it's higer center of gravity tended to keep the ball flight lower, so on the bases of my pro club maker, I got the KZG Cobalt 17* 4 Wood.
The relatively smaller head of the Cobalt with its lower center of gravity compared to the RBT/FW fly the ball with the higher trajectory (and rolls less which is what I want) with the same effective average distances from the fairways, about 220 to 230, carry. The distance from the tee's are about the same (I've been teeing the ball lower, also).

So now I have a driving club that gets me in play better than my KZG 10.5* Gemini driver and a comfortable long distance FW wood for when I want to reach out further than my favored Titleist 975F 20.5* 5-Wood.

Versatile, forgiving, and good feelin' after a solid hit.

Looks nice with the black Pendly El S-Slex and white Lamkin Crossline Sof Cord, Standard with 1+3 tape, that's same size, but is lighter then Midsize, to keep the 43" shaft at D2 weight -- that's what I am told by my Pro (not much of that makes senses to me).

I've found a gem: KZG Cobalt 4 Wood 17* with Made in USA Penly graphite shaft

good

KZG RBT/FW 15* UST V2 43", Titleist 15*S 980F S300 42.5".

August 8, 2006

Reviewed by: joe ,  Shoots in the 90s

KZG 5 Wood

Summary:
I had the 19 deg Cobalt 5 wood custom fit with a stock ultra light shaft. Goes about 205 for me and I am only a regular flex, but I have hit it 220. Great feel and sound. Hits the ball on a rope -- no pop ups. Tight head for a variety of lies. I have hit is 200 plus over trees from the rough for some par scrambles that I could not pulled off with my old 21 deg 5 wood. I played a 3 club limit tourney and this club did it all. You can choke down and play it like a 7 iron on bump and run shots. I am going to get the 3 or 4 wood next. I play KZG irons and this company makes great clubs.

Talylor Made, Snake Eyes, McHenry Metals

October 22, 2004

Reviewed by: jimmy johnson ,  Shoots in the 80s

KZG Cobalt 3 wood

Summary:
Great club. I shafted it with a Dynamic Gold X100 to keep the trajectory down because I'm a high ball hitter. Hitting this club is like playing darts from 250 yards. Deadly accurate, nice size head with a shallow face, great solid feel/sound and looks really nice at setup. Distance is very good and this head encourages you to tie into it.

Adams Tight Lies 16 degree 3 wood