>>Reviews >> Fairway Woods >>

More Products from Louisville  >>

November 21, 2009

Reviewed by: jpodjasek ,  Shoots in the 90s

3,5,and 7 woods

Summary:
All the guys in my golf league first laughed at me at still using wooden fairway woods until I crush my 3 Ginty out of deep grass 270 yards. Suddenly theres quiet. Found a used 7 wood that I bought for $10. Gave it to my father-in-law Dean Richardson who promptly used it on a 165 yd. par 3 hole. Hole in one! He's having leg and back problems so he's hanging up the clubs. He made a special trip to my house to present the Ginty 7 back to me. I love these clubs!

August 25, 2008

Reviewed by: Moose ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ginty clubs

Summary:
I still swing a full set of Gintys - Sand to 3, metal 3 wood, and the classic 5 wood. Ahhhh - what confidence they instill. With their chevron shaped base, I know I can slice through the turf with minimal club speed reduction and still make strong contact to send the ball flying. The only thing I'll change is the shaft since I've been swinging these since I was 15 and I'm about a foot taller. If you find a set and want a petit head with a beautiful matte finish, grab 'em, and enjoy for the next 30 years.

February 1, 2008

Reviewed by: RJWILSON ,  Shoots in the 90s

STAN THOMPSON "GINTY"

Summary:
I was raised in Canada, where every golfer had the "Ginty" in his/her bag....
The original "Ginty" had the pitch of a 7 iron, and got the "Average Golfer" out of alot of troubled "deep rough" lies.
I have owned at least 3 original Ginty woods and also had a complete set of Ginty woods which I enjoyed......nothing though compared to the original Ginty!

June 5, 2004

Reviewed by: perfectfirst ,  Shoots in the 100s

Louisville Stan Thompson Ginty

Summary:
The Ginty was developed by Stan Thompson
in the early 70s and was one of if not the original "trouble club". Several modifications were made in the head design to prevent delamination. A Ginty is a 7 wood head attached to a 4 wood shaft. This club is ideal for getting out of rough situations. The Ginty can be used to get out of rough, traps, divots and other unfortunate lies. A Ginty responds best to a smooth, easy
swing and will tend to veer laterally
with extra force. The very last Stan
Thompson Gintys are being made by
Louisville Golf this year. It is a
great club for the average golfer. Stan Thompson once defined the term ginty.
He said ""What does Ginty mean? It means the Son of a Scottish brood that keeps getting into trouble only to easily find his way out of trouble! Any other questions?" An historical website about
Stan Thompson and the Ginty can be found