>>Reviews >> Fairway Woods >>

Mizuno F-50 Composite Fairway Fairway Woods Review

Mizuno F-50 Composite Fairway

The Mizuno F-50 fairway woods offer the perfect blend of state-of-the-art technology and classic design.

The F-50 fairway woods possess an extremely deep and low center of gravity due to a lightweight composite crown and strategic repositioning of weight. The result is a perfect blend of trajectory, distance, and ease of use.

The visible carbon composite crown is combined with a high-tech precision stainless steel face and body to create a club that is superior in design and performance. The next generation speed plate sole design minimizes turf drag to maximize ball striking ability.

More Products from Mizuno  >>

October 25, 2011

Reviewed by: Marky_Green ,  Shoots in the 90s

Mizuno F-50 7 wood

Summary:
Fantastic easy-to-play wood. Having had big problems with the TM R9 fairway woods I also own, I decided to restart with an easier playing wood. I found that in the F-50 7w, Exsar regular shaft. The ball flight is high, very straight and of a good lenght, concerning my limited ability with woods (regularly i shoot around 175 meters). The club is very forgiving and gives you good confidence, and this is not only because it's a short 7 wood, I have the same positive experience using the F-50 5w out of my father's bag once in a while. Highly recommended

not used

no experience

October 23, 2010

Reviewed by: golfer7890 ,  Shoots in the 90s

F50

Summary:
I have the 3-wood with the Exsar shaft. Surprisingly good wood from Mizuno. Lightweight and easy to maneuver. The feel is soft with a semi explosion at impact. The sole design goes thru the grass very well from various lies-- no problems from the rough. The stock shaft is lively and gives a good kick. The ball gets up easily, and the trajectory is low to mid. Much better than its successor the F60 which I have owned also. I'm very glad I took a chance with the F50. A very exciting product from an older and understated club.

Mizuno customer service is excellent.

About 40 fairway wood models in the past 5 years, and a very expensive habit/disease.

June 23, 2009

Reviewed by: toolman99 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Mizuno F-50 3W

Summary:
Like previous reviewers, another thumbs-up for this club (15 degree w/Exsar reg flex shaft). I've played lots of high priced custom shafts in various clubs over the years and, to my surprise, this Exsar feels/performs just as well as any of them in my view.

The club head looks good at address, and feels even better at impact with a nice muted 'tink' sound. Nice trajectory with lots of distance and a slight draw bias (for me anyway). Also weighted just right (about D2).

Highly recommend. Buy one if you can find it!

Titleist, Sonartec, Callaway, Cleveland

December 11, 2008

Reviewed by: bosull ,  Shoots in the 80s

Mizuno F-50 3 wood

Summary:
I bought one of these 3 woods new off ebay about 4 months ago. I must say that once I got used to it I have found it to be fantastic. I agree with other reviews that the ball flight is super long and the trajectory is excellent. It came with an exsar stiff graphite shaft which I have also found to be excellent.

I have taken it off the tee several times and again have found it to be very long and very straight (240+ Yards). It is just as good off the deck from any lie. I liked this club so much I bought the F-60 5 wood which I also love. In short, do yourself a favour and at least try this club before you buy any other 3 wood. Thanks Mizuno, these clubs are excellent.

Cleveland, Titleist, Cobra, T.Made and Callaway

July 3, 2008

Reviewed by: richy ,  Shoots in the 80s

mizuno F-50

Summary:
just great fairway woods, easily launched even from the rough, great for any handicap. i own a 3,5, and a 7 wood. I use the 7 instead of a hybrid.

never had any problems so i dontknow how customer service is.

i use to use ping G2 which is great fairways but i wore them out and mizuno was a little cheaper.