>>Reviews >> Fairway Woods >>

Orlimar TriMetal II Fairway Woods Review

Orlimar TriMetal II

• Widely spaced tungsten sole weights expand the sweet spot and reduce twist on off-center shots
  • Patented inverted rails extend to leading edge of face and provide for better contact and reduced drag with fairway and rough shots
  • New sleek, shallow profile instills confidence for trouble shots and prevents bounce off hard surfaces

More Products from Orlimar  >>

June 2, 2009

Reviewed by: PetrosV ,  Shoots in the 90s

3W (15 deg), 5W (19 deg)

Summary:
Have the original Big Bertha Warbird 3 & 5 woods. Off the tee, I can pure either one. Bought the 2004 Big Bertha 7W to hit from the fairways; best club in my bag. 3W & 5W off the deck are dismal. I can honestly say I've pured only a handful of shots with the 3W, a few more with the 5W. Hit the 2007 BB 3W at a simulator. Was almost ready to plunk down and buy it. Then I saw the Trimetal II's @ Sports Authority for $50 each. The local store had a hitting area, so I tried the TM Burner, the X fairway, and the Trimetals. I could consistently hit the Trimetals better, judged by feel and ball marks on the impact tape. Bought them both for $80 ($25 off coupon) incl. tax. Put new mid-sized grips on them right away to match the rest of my clubs. Took to the range, and hit them both off the tee, and off the deck (both grass and the mat).
Off the tee: the sound is not as good as the Warbird. Distance, height, shape are all comparable.
Off the deck: OH, MY, GOD!!!! The ball actually gets airborne, high, straight, long.
On the course: Used the 3W off the tee on a short par-4. Reached the lake guarding the green for the first time EVER. I was never as happy to have lost a ball in the water as I was then. Ended up with a par on the hole. Still need to use a little more off the deck, but trying...for me, the smaller, shorter head inspires confidence (similar to the X fairway, without the extra $$)
I got the R Flex Aldila-made red/grey shaft. Seems whippy, but if I don't swing hard (which I'm not supposed to do, anyway), it's fine.

June 16, 2006

Reviewed by: Salvatta ,  Shoots in the 70s

Orlimar Trimetal 2 13º Stiff

Summary:
I recently bought this 2-wood and this is completely rubbish. The clubface is so tiny that is almost impossible to hit it in the sweet spot, and even when you hit it the ball goes very high in the air (balloon) with no roll. As a result, the overall distance is pretty short. Besides, the shaft feels too boardy and seems like it's not going to flex at all.
With this club (13º), I do a few yards less than with my TM Rescue 16º Stiff, which is quite deceiving.

I've tried the Sonartex SS3.5, which really has a great feel, nice distance and promotes a low and boring trajectory.

June 7, 2006

Reviewed by: Deebaba ,  Shoots in the 80s

Trimetal II

Summary:
Their low profile face and shallow heads make them playable from virtually any lie - even out of fairway bunkers! The weighting of the clubhead during a swing is unmatched by any other fairway wood i've used with ball flight between straight to a slight draw... in fact the strong 3 13* wood is an extremely long club with the lowest tee height and an excellent option off the tee instead of a driver.The higher lofted clubs are excellent replacements for long/mid irons... the 21* comfortably covers the 2-4 iron distances and replace 5 iron with 26* wood and 6 iron with the 30* wood and never miss your 150+ yard approach to the green! Highly recommended!!!

June 7, 2006

Reviewed by: Divesh ,  Shoots in the 80s

Trimetal II

June 25, 2005

Reviewed by: Pky6471 ,  Shoots in the 90s

Orlimar Trimetal II

Summary:
I just bought this 7-wood 21-degree, R-flex graphite shaft from Sport Authority store, brand new for 49.99. I like it as much as my 3-wood and 5-wood original Trimetal. I hit it about 5 yds longer than my old Callaway warbird 7 wood, maybe after I am used to it I can hit it 10 yds longer. Very good product, I cannot justify nor want to spend $150-250 for a fairway wood that would yield the same results