>>Reviews >> Fairway Woods >>

More Products from Orlimar  >>

February 7, 2010

Reviewed by: bogegolf ,  Shoots in the 90s

Trimetal plus fairway woods

Summary:
I started golfing about 9 years ago. One of the first clubs I bought was a trimetal knock off, it was also the most enduring club in my bag. About 4 years ago I started messing around with other fairway woods only to find great dissapointment. None of them feel right, set up right or inspire confidence like trimetals. So now I have several Trimetal fairway woods and the + versions are fantastic. They give me a feeling of confidence and strike long solid and straight like no other fairway club. It is true that they are best used on short grass, but thats what a fairway wood is for. In the rough I just use an iron or hybrid. I love Nike drivers and cobra Irons, but for the long fairway shots, Orlimar is my go to club.. Perfection is never outdated..

Nike t-40 and t-60. Taylormade, Cobra, and too many knock offs..

May 30, 2008

Reviewed by: sgb ,  Shoots in the 80s

Orlimar TriMetal Plus fairway metal

Summary:
These Orlimar TriMetal fairway metals are great clubs. In my opinion, no club manufacturer has ever been able to match the Orlimar TriMetal Plus fairways. This club is actually easier to hit than a hybrid. (You and I both know that the
only reason clubmakers come out with new clubs each year is to sell them. Most golfers assume that new models must be better clubs -- only occasionally do new models actually possess technological advantages over the previous ones.) The alpha-maraging face provides an excellent feel to well-struck shots as well as a nice "dink" sound. The sole weighting allows a very nice trajectory. They have one of the best shafts ever made in a True Temper EI-70+ graphite shaft. I have this club in 12*, 14*, 18*, and 22*. I will never use any other fairway metals. They can now be had for a song on eBay -- even if you're a terrible musician :-)

Never needed.

TM Burner (stainless steel - around 1995 model)

November 10, 2007

Reviewed by: mefedward ,  Shoots in the 80s

orlimar trimetal 13 degree

Summary:
I found this club in my basement today. I tried it and it is great.I hit it about 230 and you can hit it from any lie, including bunkers. It easily outperformes my old taylormade burner plus 3 wood. Great club.

Very cood customer service.

Lynx Parallax 15 degree, Taylormade Burner plus 15 degree.

June 26, 2005

Reviewed by: Maaan_I_Hate_Dis_Place ,  Shoots in the 90s

Trimetal+ 14* Fairway Metal

Summary:
Phenomenal. All of the hype surrounding these clubs is true. The original version of these metals were unbelievable in terms of the distance they gave you off the fairway, but they were brutally hard to hit because of the super-shallow face. Well, they got it right with the re-release of the Trimetal+, now using an all black clubhead and all black shaft for a nice address. The shaft is better than the originals, too (made by Aldila).

The amount of effort required to hit this club is so small that you really have to hit the thing to believe it. You can swing like a complete pud and the ball absolutely rockets off the face. For someone like me, who doesn't drive the ball particularly long, this club is a dream come true on par 5s. And it's so forgiving, which is the weirdest part about it. I it it once of the toe so badly I could feel the shaft torque, but when I looked up it was headed straight... not as far as a center hit, but I wasn't dropping out of the woods. The extra clubhead size really makes these clubs a winner. The originals were great, but weren't easy to hit or forgiving. The plus versions do not require a pro's swing to hit. My swing is average at best, but this club does all the work for me.

You can get them for $30 or $40 on eBay for the old model. The re-releases (black) are on many sites for $80... an absolute bargain. Try them out... if you don't like them you'll have NO problem selling them. It's a win win situation. I doubt you'll be giving them up when you're hitting par 5s in 2.

Not used.

I'm a bit of an Orlimar junky after using the original TriMetals... have used their HipTi driver, TriMetal driver, and original TriMetal fairway woods.

June 6, 2005

Reviewed by: headhunter ,  Shoots in the 80s

Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 plus

Summary:
I've had this 3 wood for approximately 5 years now. I was shocked to see them brand new at Golfsmith for $39.99! That is one of the best deals that I've seen, because this is an outstanding 3 wood. Sweet Sound, I carry it about 240 and I can get it out great in difficult lies. I can hit a draw or fade with it also. This is a great club at an even great value these days.

Callaway Big Bertha 3 wood