>>Reviews >> Fairway Woods >>

More Products from Ping  >>

November 16, 2009

Reviewed by: AJW ,  Shoots in the 90s

Ti3 3 wood

Summary:
This is a deep faced large headed three wood that’s excellent off the tee and surprisingly good from the fairway.
It’s a good club providing plenty of distance and forgiveness but it does have a couple of drawbacks, its very light and the alignment aid is small and doesn’t show up well against the black head.
If your thinking about getting one have a look at the Titec the model that replaced the Ti3 they cured the two problems I mentioned above and added a bit more feel at impact as well.

Titec, HaykeyeVFT

November 17, 2006

Reviewed by: Ray Malson ,  Shoots in the 90s

Ping Ti3

Summary:
I've had the 3 wood for over a year, which is a long time for me. Although my swing is inconsistent, this provides the most consistent results. Very forgiving and long enough. I've tried newer 3 woods, including the G2, but this club feels lighter which allows me to swing faster. I like it enough that I finally found a matching 5 wood on ebay.

I've used Ping customer service for my irons, and they are professional and provide quality service.

G2, many others.

July 19, 2005

Reviewed by: 300Bfore ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ti3, 3 Wood

Summary:
I use this in combo with a TiSi tec driver and they are a great set together. Late last year the shaft snapped loading clubs into my trunk. In the offseason I asked the proshop their thoughts about re-shafting with something more exotic that the stock ping shaft. The pro suggested the ping TFC 100 (which is a ping house shaft). On his advice I chose this shaft. The club had to be sent to ping (which cost a bit more but the job was surely done right) and was back in my hands for a few months now. I here report that the club is even better than I ever remember. The play from the fairway and rough was always terific but now the ball also has greater carry. What I am experiencing is how a great club could even be made better. I now own a perfect 3 wood.

Excellent

March 5, 2004

Reviewed by: jayps ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ping Ti3 - 3 wood

Summary:
Terrific club. Looks great in black finish at 190 cc's. Very well balanced with good feedback with standard Ping 350 stiff shaft. A great old club. If you like the TISI Tec series, you will like these, as well. Match up your proper hosel configuration and you cannot miss with these fairway woods.

February 11, 2003

Reviewed by: davejclarke ,  Shoots in the 80s , from manchester uk

ping ti3 3 wood

Summary:
revolutionised my game.gone from always hitting irons off tees(i could'nt hit woods)to hitting this club straight and long guaranteed.i have a jz stiff steel shaft on the club,which is another factor as most manufacturers will not mix titanium heads with steel shafts(i'm not a graphite fan)get custom fitted i have the upright lie and thicker grips.also have the 5 wood.fantastic clubs

brilliant visited ping center at lincolnshire for fitting.hosel became loose approx 18 months after purchase sent to ping,repaired free of charge and returned very quickley

tried callaway,titleist these are the first woods i have been able to hit with consistancy