>>Reviews >> Fairway Woods >>

Srixon W-403AD Fairway Woods Review

Srixon W-403AD

The New Srixon W-403 Fairway Woods are an achievement in the art and science of Fairway Wood design. With a face profile that's the perfect depth the W-403's impact power face and maraging steel construction launch your shots off the fairway with the perfect speed and trajectory.

More Products from Srixon  >>

October 1, 2010

Reviewed by: simple_golfer ,  Shoots in the 70s

Srixon W403AD 3 Wood

Summary:
I have been searching for a good 3 wood for a long time and I believe I have found it in the Srixon 403AD. It is a medium sized head but still bigger than most Srixon fairway woods. The face height is perfect for hitting off fairway lies and off of a tee, where this club really shines. The feel and sound off the face is the best of any 3 wood I have used. The club is long due to the higher ball speed off of a maraging steel face. My driver ball speeds are only 5-7 mph faster than this 3 wood, so the energy transfer between club and ball is just as efficient as titanium. I am using a heavier than stock Fujikura E370 shaft in stiff flex and am getting a strong medium/medium-high trajectory with this setup. Don't be intimidated by the 14.5 loft as it is just as easy to get up in the air as a 15 degree. I found mine on eBay. You may be able to find it for a good price because Srixon is not that well known. Yet.

Callaway Steelhead 15, Cleveland Launcher 15, Orlimar Trimetal 15,19, Srixon Z-Steel 12.5, 14.5, Titleist PT15, Titleist 980F 15

June 9, 2008

Reviewed by: gperl ,  Shoots in the 90s

srixon 403-AD 7-wood

Summary:
Only use one wood off the fairway. An older Srixon 403-AD 7-wood , that I picked up at golf galaxy. Unbelievable to hit, nothing else like it.

Nike rescue club, Macgregor eye-o-matic fairway wood, callawy fusion.

April 12, 2006

Reviewed by: jesusschabel ,  Shoots in the 70s

srixon 403 ad 3 & 5 wood

Summary:
I resently went to a demo day at the local driving. For the past couple of years I've been looking for a wood that would complete my game. See Ya on tour.

Taylor Made, Ping and Titliest

October 3, 2005

Reviewed by: Stephen ,  Shoots in the 80s

Srixon W-403 AD

Summary:
I’ve been using a Titleist 908f 3 & 5 woods for the last couple of years and been very happy with them – didn’t think I’d change. Never thought of using Srixon clubs until a pro recommended the W-506 driver. After getting the driver I tested the fairway woods. They are longer (20 yards longer) and more forgiving than the Titleist and Callaway which I tested at the same time. Not much else to say other than I now own both the 3 and 5 woods (stiff shafts). These are great clubs.....

Not used.

Titleist, Taylormade and Callaway.

September 12, 2005

Reviewed by: Mitchel ,  Shoots in the 90s

Srixon W403AD 10.5 deg Driver

Summary:
This driver replaces my Callaway Hawkeye Driver. I wanted to try the oversize 400cc+ models. Tried alot of drivers at on the simulator at Mamoth golf in Maryland. Some 450cc clubs felt a little heavier than this driver. This driver is around 420cc and slightly closed. I consistently hit this straighter and longer. I have had a lot of success with this driver. The 10.5 degree driver has a reasonably high kick point and I tend to hit a more boring tragectory despite the high loft.

Had simple questions answered. No other experience.