>>Reviews >> Fairway Woods >>

TaylorMade Burner Fairway Woods Review

TaylorMade Burner

The Burner fairway wood from TaylorMade has been improved upon for this year and is bound to give you all you have been looking for and more in a fairway wood. Featured Dual Crown saves weight in the clubhead to lower the CG and promote more carry and distance (35% lower CG than previous Burner fairway model). Fast-looking triangular Burner® head shape permits an ultra-deep CG location and is more forgiving and easier to launch. Incorporates SuperFast technology to promote faster swing speed for increased distance. Largest footprint of any TaylorMade Steel fairway increases confidence at address and touts 6% higher MOI than previous Burner fairway model.

More Products from TaylorMade  >>

March 22, 2013

Reviewed by: Robin Dale ,  Shoots in the 80s

Taylormade Burner 3 Wood

Summary:
Picked this up last year in the spring to replace my Adams Speedline. Definately easy to hit, and to keep in the fairway. Ball comes off the face hot. I can't get this one up very high but it goes long. Really an easy club for a 3 wood. Now I'm no longer worried about what will happen when I pull out the fairway wood, just line it up and let her fly!

Adams Speedline, Adams Tight Lies, Callaway Diablo

August 7, 2011

Reviewed by: Foundthebunker ,  Shoots in the 80s

2011 Burner Superfast 5 wood

Summary:
Found this club while getting my irons fitted. The fitter let me take one out and demo it on a sim for a while. I loved that it responded well to minor swing tweaks. Mis hits definitely cut 30 or so yards off the shot, but it is fairly easy to find the sweet spot. After 4 rounds on real courses with it, it actually performs better than it did on the sim for me. Coming from a clevland 5 wood I gained a few yards, but that is mostly from the confidence gained swinging this club. Its effortless getting this club in the air and straight. Only thing I dont like about it is the black sole..the white crown is sharp, but the black face just shows wear with every shot. A fair trade off for the performance I guess, will be looking at the 3 wood next. They also offer this model in a 16.5 degree 4 wood, which I found could almost replace both of fairway metals at once. I only rate it a 4 star b/c of the black face wearing so easily.

Havent used

Cleveland launcher 3 and 5 wood, Adams idea woods, Titleist 904

March 31, 2011

Reviewed by: tstang66 ,  Shoots in the 90s

3 wood burner 09

Summary:
This is a great club...The ball fly off this club straight and its easy to get under it of the grass due to the profile of the club head....Its like it uses the whole head head of the club due to the low but wide face makes it easy to hit...I hated my old woods(snake eyes) these are so much better...Also vie tried to hit ping G3 my friend has and didn't do well...burner is the way to go 3 wood goes 200 ears easy with no effort and its straight too.

June 21, 2010

Reviewed by: Pipelion ,  Shoots in the 90s

TM Burner Superfast 7 wood

Summary:
Review of the 2010 Superfast 7 wood.

I'm bogie golfer with good technique and a solid fluid swing. But I'm a short hitter. Driving 225 is good for me.

My swing slowed as I'm 58. The senior flex is the ticket. Three years ago all my clubs were stiff shafts. Now I need senior. But it's like majic . They allow me to get the ball airborn and then more distance.

This 7 wood is sexy and sweet. I hit a 165 yard par three green pin high. And just missed another 165 par three. It's fuctional , hits great, and is cosmetically perfect. Highly recommend.

?

Older TM Ti Fairway woods (bronze one)

November 26, 2009

Reviewed by: mrprovisional ,  Shoots in the 100s

Taylormade Burner 3wood

Summary:
This is probably the best 3 wood I ever played with. I traded my Nike dymo sq 3 wood for this. All together, I got this for $50 and its the best money spent. I never hit so many solid shots due to the extreme forgiveness and workability of the club. I only hooked and sliced once today at the course and on par 5's I was about 20 yards short on my second shots. For anyone looking into purchasing one, you will not be disappointed.

Awesome customer service form a local golf shop.