>>Reviews >> Fairway Woods >>

TaylorMade Mens R5 Dual Ti Fairway Woods Review

TaylorMade Mens R5 Dual Ti

• 2 permanent, widely spaced Taylormade Launch Control (TLC) cartridges providing an accurate
  • Neutral ball flight
  • Large, forgiving titanium head
  • Thin, fast clubface
  • Tip soft MAS graphite fairway shaft

More Products from TaylorMade  >>

September 10, 2008

Reviewed by: Canuck Duffer ,  Shoots in the 70s

Taylor Made R5 3 wood

Summary:
My seemingly never ending search for a 3 wood ended last week when FedEx delivered my R5 3wood. I've tested all the major brands, and this baby is head and shoulders above the rest. Although I had loved the club 3 yrs ago when it came out, I just couldn't justify spending that much on a fairway wood. But now, you can find one on ebay at a much more reasonable price. The titanium head is something to adjust to, but the results are undeniable. I played this past weekend, leaving the driver (R5 TP) at home. Off the tee this is an awesome weapon eg. uphill 452 yd par 4, my tee shot rested 2 yds past the 178 yd marker in the fairway-yeah that's right, the tee shot went 276 yds to an uphill fairway! I also found it very easy to hit consistently, no sky balls - which can be an issue with shallow faced woods. Off the deck this wood is perfect, easy to swing and the ball soared effortlessly. Here's the best part, it flies straight or even with a slight draw, eg. slight downhill lie on a par 5, I aimed left of the green at a tree expecting the usual slice/fade. The result was a dead straight arrow into the very tree I aimed at. I can't express how happy I am with this club. If you're looking for a 3wood, this is the club you need to get, and now it's available at a reasonable cost. Happy hunting for one.

Nike Sasquatch, Ping, Adams Redline, Cobra, Titleist, Callaway, TaylorMade Vsteel

June 17, 2008

Reviewed by: jake ,  Shoots in the 70s

taylor made r5 dual ti 3 wood

Summary:
this is a great club i got it of ebay a couple of weeks ago for 12$ dollars witch is amazing.I can hit this club arround 290 and i am only 13 years old.one thing that isnt great thow is if you hit it of the heal or toe it will slice or hook and go like 60 to 80 yards.it was way worth it though for 12$ on ebay great deal.

June 24, 2007

Reviewed by: Jeremy ,  Shoots in the 80s

TaylorMade r7 460

Summary:
I was looking for a little more consistancy off the tee (my distance is fine, I get plenty of power) I had been playing with the same clubs since I was 12 (19 now) and this club was exactly what I was looking for. The first night I got it I took it out to the range and was very pleased. I experimented with the draw or neutral setting and found that neutral was better for me, because I can hit a draw and need to occasionally hit a fade. Anyways, I took the club out to the course today and was even more pleased. I only missed a few fairways and usually only by 5-10 yards when I did. I was hitting consistantly over 300 yards and how driving the club pro (a very nice feeling) So yeah, great club!
I was also very happy with the price, got it as a used demo (still in great condition) for well under half price.

not needed

April 20, 2007

Reviewed by: Bruce ,  Shoots in the 80s

Taylor Made R5 fairway

Summary:
Eerie as it may be, I'd been using a
TM 200 3W with an Irod for a few years. I
was completely happy with it. I had some
store credit so I took out an R5 3wood just to check it out. Its been in my bag for four months now and isn't going anywhere soon. Even easier to hit off the turf than the TM 200 and almost as long as my driver. Maybe I got lucky but
even the stock shaft in mine is usable.

Anytime I've called Taylor Made, they've
been great.

Cobra SS, Cleveland quadpro, TM 200

April 20, 2007

Reviewed by: Frank ,  Shoots in the 90s

R5 TI 3W

Summary:
This is almost eerie. I found myself reading the previous review as if it were exactly my personal experience. Been playing the TM 200 3W for five years and loved it. Then tried and bought the R5 TI. Htiing it straighter and longer (between 220-240) than the TM 200, and am not afraid of hitting it in the fairway anymore. Great club!

Used one and was happy with TaylorMade.

TM 200 3W