>>Reviews >> Fairway Woods >>

TaylorMade Rescue Mid Fairway Woods Review

TaylorMade Rescue Mid

Taylor Made Mens Rescue Mid Woods feature: 450-steel clubhead with a 455-steel clubface for a stronger, stress-resistant head with improved perimeter weighting Pull-face construction delivers a high level of COR Designed to combine high launch angle with high spin Produces high trajectory, long carry and maximum stopping power More forgiving -easy to hit long iron replacement club Delivers 5½ additional mph of ball-speed and seven additional yards of distance than its long-iron counterpart Provides a higher moment of inertia than the average long-iron, making it far easier to hit and delivering improved performance on off-center hits Double sole design reduces the amount of sole area that contacts the turf, creating less resistance at impact and promoting an "iron-like" feeling through the hitting zone Generously cambered from toe to heel, easing playability from all types of lies Double crown design enhances the structural integrity of the clubhead, minimizing head-distortion at impact so that maximum energy is transmitted to the ball Taylor Made TNG grip Includes headcover Available in right- and left-hand models

More Products from TaylorMade  >>

August 29, 2012

Reviewed by: Aaron Hamilton ,  Shoots in the 90s

Rescue Mid 3 (19)

Summary:
I dont carry a 3wood or 5wood so bought this to help fill the gap between driver and 5 iron. I'l be honest, it took a few rounds before I could hit it fairly consistantly (I had never used a hybrid/rescue club before) however I love it now. Hitting long distances seems effortless. Nice ball flight and surprising roll. Well balanced club, although if I was buying again, I would buy 1 with a graphite shaft instead of steel.

none

none

September 19, 2010

Reviewed by: John ,  Shoots in the 100s

Taylormade Rescue Mid 3 ( 19 Degrees )

Summary:
This one club alone has changed my game entirely. I found it at Golf Galaxy for $20. I swore they mislabeled the price because surely its worth much more then that. You don’t have to swing hard; it will launch the ball in the air very easily. It’s extremely useful from fairways and I have used it extensively from the tee box. I haven’t tried the newer Taylormade ( Burner or Draw )hybrids out, but for being close to 8 year old technology and the first of the rescue mid series, these clubs are awesome. A perfect swing for me yields around 190-210 yards. I am not a long hitter but you can get some distance with these hybrids. I searched forever to track the Rescue Mid 5 on Ebay. If you spot one of these clubs anywheres, grab it, they are fantastic and can be bought for $60 or less. I cant wait to get rid of my 5 iron and replace it with one of these.

These are the only hybrids I have really used. I started with cheap hybrids from Kmart, just to get a feel for them.

July 14, 2010

Reviewed by: Garry Hamilton ,  Shoots in the 80s

TaylorMade

Summary:
To all the golf viewers out there, Taylormade Rescue club are "Outstanding." I play with the Taylormade 2, 3, 4 and 3 Wood. I have tried many brand hybrid clubs and could not hit with them. However, I learned to hit down on the golf ball with the TaylorMade Rescue clubs. My game improved overnight. The loft of the Rescue clubs are great, you don't have to hit the swing hard, all you have to do is focus and hit down on the ball.
I recommend these clubs to anyone who want to improve their game. Most importantly, TaylorMade golf clubs, from the irons to the hybrids are number one golf clubs. Don't just take my word, just go out and purchase these clubs and you will see for yourself. You can always thank me later. "Remember this, you don't have to kill the ball, just a nice easy swing and the ball will go far and straight. These club are great of the ground or Tee."

June 11, 2010

Reviewed by: ghamilton ,  Shoots in the 80s

Summary:
I play with the Taylormade 2 & 4 Rescue Mid and 3 Wood. They are the best clubs. The loft of the clubs are outstanding. The ball go straight and land soft. These clubs hit great, and you can count on getting out of any situation with them. The key for hitting straight and long with these clubs is that you have to hit down on the ball. Their is no need to over power your swing, let the club do the work. The 3 Wood hits well off the tee or on the ground. I recommend these clubs to any golfer who is looking for the best Mid range clubs. I can truely say that The TaylorMade clubs improved my game and confidence.

May 29, 2009

Reviewed by: GreenGreen ,  Shoots in the 70s

Taylormade Rescue Mid

Summary:
I have a rescue 3 that I bought about 5 years ago when I began playing golf. This is the only club that remains from the original 14. I've traded irons four times, had multiple drivers and fairway woods, and countless putters but the trusty rescue club has stayed in the bag without fail. It is fitted with the original Taylormade stiff graphite shaft and a new golf pride. I've tested some newer hybrids but don't expect to change anytime soon. This club is excellent out of the rough and very versatile. I can use it anywhere from 175 yards to well over 200 yards. I would recommend this club to anyone who needs to build confidence in their fairway game.