>>Reviews >> Fairway Woods >>

TaylorMade Supersteel

$295 with Bubble Shaft; $225 with steel

More Products from TaylorMade  >>

Review Abstract
Taylor Made’s beautiful Supersteel woods are “accurate” and “forgiving.” The club head size of the Supersteel is “perfect,” "the ball "really jumps off the face" and rolls a long way." “Powerful,” “easy to hit” and “solid,” the Supersteel is ideal for “reliable and playable results.” These all-around great fairway clubs are Taylor Made’s “best product yet.”

July 21, 2006

Reviewed by: JPETRELLA ,  Shoots in the 80s

Taylormade Supersteel Fairway Woods

Summary:
I have these woods for about 5 years. I have the 3, 5, 7. I gotta say I love um. I wont replace them until they die. They are as long and straight as the day I bought them. The only complaint I have is the headcovers plum wore out.

March 24, 2004

Reviewed by: jjloans ,  Shoots in the 80s

Supersteel 3, Penley S flex

Summary:
Got this baby in as new condition with a Panley Ultimate Steelflight S flex shaft and it is SWEEEEEET!!!!! I have never owned a fairway wood as easy to hit straight. Don't know why, don't care why. Just grip it and rip it! What a fun club to hit, off the tee, off the fairway, off the beach... can't wait to pick up the 5 wood! I don't know how much of the great performance of this stick is due to the Penley shaft, but, as U can tell, I am really stoked with this club. Grab one!

Not used

Callaway Steelhead, Orlimar Hip Steel, Wilson Deep Red (Ecch!)Golf Gear Ti, Etc, etc...

October 12, 2003

Reviewed by: drumsngolf ,  Shoots in the 80s

supersteel

Summary:
i had been in the market for a good fairway wood that was workable, long and had feel when i came across this 5 wood. it has now depleted the need for a three wood as i hit this club mabye 10 yards shy of my average drive. from 250 yards i know for sure i can put this club on the green. long and solid is all i can say. i dont know why they strayed from this club.

havent used it yet

tour edge lift off, st tight lies, callaway steelhead, wilson deep red

September 9, 2003

Reviewed by: tritonrep ,  Shoots in the 70s , from Clarksville, TN USA

Supersteel Tour 3

Summary:
I love this club. My go to club. The straightest 3 wood Ive hit. I hit the ball very high and with the tour 3 I can keep it down if I want. Really nice. I have had it aobut 2 years and have hit 1000s of balls with it and it is still as great now than when I first got it. I tried the driver but I didnt like it to much.

none

everything

July 4, 2003

Reviewed by: rotarydrilling ,  Shoots in the 100s , from Bangkok Thailand

Taylor Made Supersteel #3

Summary:
I had a old taylor Made BURNER 1 driver,a PRIMA #1 driver both with graphite shafts.Also a no name driver also no name #3 wood.I use Taylor Made tour blades but just could not hit woods.Thats until the Supersteel #3.I tried all types of clubs from PING to Japanese brands.I wanted a new large head TI wonder or so I thought.
After hitting about 50 clubs(no joke)with some clubs being not to bad I found the Supersteel #3.It was used with a good price and good hits go 200 meters plus,bad toe hits go 175 meters plus.The ball just wants to go straight.For high handicap guys who go for the 3 iron instead of a wood to tee off try the Supersteel.Its easy to hit,cheap to buy,and I love that Bubble shaft.I am sure this shaft is one reason that toe hits still go straight.This club will not make you a pro but it will allow you to get past the ladies tees in most cases!

Never used-bought club used in Thailand

more than 50 woods tryed at driving range