>>Reviews >> Fairway Woods >>

Tour Edge Exotic CB2 Fairway Woods Review

Tour Edge Exotic CB2

The Tour Edge Exotic CB2 offers breathtaking looks and radical innovation. Designed for a higher level of performance, the CB2's titanium cup is 30% lighter than its predecessor allowing even more weight to be transferred to the rear of the head. The well-muscled body is deeper from face to back, increasing the CB2's MOI by 30%. The result is the absolute pinnacle of achievement in terms of distance, control and overall performance.

More Products from Tour Edge  >>

September 17, 2010

Reviewed by: Steve G ,  Shoots in the 80s

tour edge exotics cb2 fairway wood

Summary:
I already have the origianl exotics 3 & 5 woods. They are great. Believe the comments, the fairway exotics are long and accurate. I just picked up a slightly used CB2 4 wood. It is also a very solid club. I will now be carrying only one fairway wood. The CB2 4 wood is very long off the tee. Plenty of club to reach most par 5's. Pick up one of these exotics and you will be pleased.

Never have used customer service.

March 12, 2010

Reviewed by: Daymon ,  Shoots in the 80s

CB2 #3 Wood

Summary:
I picked this club up at a liquidation sale by an auction service. Lucky for me, they had no idea what they were doing and I picked this up for a killer price.....let's just say, below $100.

Anyway, have been playing this club for about 2 months now, and I can tell you this; This is the single best 3W I have EVER used.

I was using the MacTec 3+ (12.5 degree loft) and having a ton of success with it.

Back to the CB2, this club is LOOONNNGGG. So long in fact that I've eliminated my driver from the bag. which was painful, especially since I play a Ping G15.

The club is pretty forgiving, and on off center shots, you're still going to send it long and straight. I tend to fade my tee shots with a driver and even the 3 sometimes. This club though is light enough to get it square in time, so the fade is gone.

The club is very nice and slim at address, which I like, and just feels nicely balanced.

This club is perfect for someone who doesn't hit the driver well, especially because of how long it is. I promise that you will hit this within 10 yards of your driver shots.

This is a phenomenal club, and well worth the price. Buy it and love it!

MacTec OS 3, Snake Eyes 3, Big Bertha's and Nike Sumo.

April 28, 2009

Reviewed by: Weapon ,  Shoots in the 80s

Exotics 3 Wood

Summary:
This club is very long. It has caused me to start carrying a 5 wood because I now have too large of a gap between the 3 wood and 3 iron. It now can be found for a very reasonable price.

Not used

GBB 3 wood

July 7, 2008

Reviewed by: Tom M ,  Shoots in the 90s

Tour Edge Exotic CB2 3 Wood

Summary:
I'm a high handicap golfer that hits short but straight. The one club I've been unable to hit without slicing has been the 3 Wood. I read all the positive reviews on the cb2 so thought I'd give it a try.

The first day out with the cb2 saw me topping a lot of shots and slicing when I made more solid contact. I made an adjustment in my stance and slowed everything down and now this club is long and straight for me.

I can hit the cb2 200 yards off the turf. For me, that's long and is a distance I've been missing from my bag. In better hands, this club is indeed a goood substitute for a driver.

It feels and sounds a lot like the Ping G5 Woods. It's definitely longer than my G5 but that's mostly due to me hitting it straight.

As someone who has struggled with 3 Woods (I have a G5 and a Wilson Staff FY and have tried many others including nike's square head model *yuck*), this is the one that is going to stay in the bag.

no experience

Ping G5 3 Wood
Wilson Staff FY 3 Wood

July 6, 2008

Reviewed by: Pure Energy ,  Shoots in the 90s

15 degree 3 wood w grafalloy blue s flex

Summary:
picked up this club for just over 100 used. Club is in 8 out 10 shape...just a good season of appropriate wear on it.

overall this club is fantastic. It's very long and very forgiving just like the ads say. I haven't been able to tell too much difference from the original exotic but I certainly can tel the difference vs some other brands of fairway woods. I had a grafalloy blue (not proluanch blue) shaft installed in order to keep the ball down and give me control. My swing speed is kreeping up to 115mph with the driver and so only a few s flexes will hold up properly. This club feels very simular to a driver... it's very light. That is going to take some getting use to vs the typical heavy headed fairways I have been playing.

overall I find this club just easy long and very forgiving. I have been able to hit a nice fade with the club. Once I get use to the wieghting I will get better consistancy with this club.

haven't used (hope not to either)

3dx pro fairway - almost bought this instead...both clubs are so simular 3dx is heavier and luanches a bit lower... CB2 was available cheaper used so I went with it