>>Reviews >> Fairway Woods >>

Tour Edge Tour Edge Exotics XCG Fairway Fairway Woods Review

Tour Edge Tour Edge Exotics XCG Fairway

The XCG fairway wood is the ultimate expression of Exotics engineering and technical ability. It is nothing less than world-class and is without a doubt, the strongest and purest Exotics fairway wood yet.

The XCG boasts the fastest ball speed of any Exotics model ever. The thrust behind this remarkable ball speed is an ultra-thin, titanium cup face equipped with variable thickness technology. The face's slimmer outer edges produce a maximum .83 COR for blistering shots from anywhere on the face. Combo-brazing the face and crown to the XCG's heavier steel body displaces more weight to the sole for less spin, a higher launch and greater distance.

Offering peak performance from tight lies and thick rough, the XCG features a 4-way radiused sole. In fact, the XCG's contact point is less than any previous Exotics fairway wood making it one of the most forgiving and easy to hit fairway woods in golf.

Play the XCG fairway wood and experience the passion for performance.

More Products from Tour Edge  >>

In The Hole Golf

June 14, 2011

Reviewed by: Paul McGinnis ,  Shoots in the 80s

Tour Edge Tour Exotics XCG-V 3 wood

Summary:
This is simply the longest club I've ever hit. I've always hit my 5 wood further than my driver and most other peoples as well - 270yards. I CAN'T hit a driver well to save my life - best 270 yards and crooked.
First time on the course I hit the XCG-V (3wood) 4 times over 300 yards and straight!! The best was 340 yards off the tee, across a creek 260 away and over a tree.
I've NEVER hit a ball that far and straight.
Of course your individual swing arc and speed will factor in but for ME I have found the holy grail. This club is stupid long.

March 2, 2010

Reviewed by: merf01 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Tour Edge Exotics XCG 4 wood

Summary:
An outstanding fairway wood. I use the 4 wood (16.5 loft), with the Aldila NVS stiff shaft option. The sound and feel off the face is unparalleled. Distance is ridiculous. Very, very long club off the tee and the deck. A true go for it club. The VFT, cup face delivers with respect to forgiveness. A very straight club as well so if you're looking to move the ball all over the place, you might want to look somewhere else. This is a 'straigt as a string' type fairway wood. Good mid trajectory, and better than average play out of thicker rough.

No experience to speak of with customer service.

KZG CH-II fairway wood, Taylormade V-Steel.

October 21, 2009

Reviewed by: oldmanpar ,  Shoots in the 70s

Tour Edge Exotics XCG-v

Summary:
Tour Edge is a slightly unknown entity. I have read about their products for some time now, and finally pulled the trigger on a new 3 wood and driver. I already did a detailed review on the driver. The xcg-v 3 wood is TE's newest offering. Supposedly it is the most forgiving yet. I have never had the opportunity to play exotics FWs before. The TE exotics comes with standard graffaloy voodoo which is a $200 dollar shaft. Performance seems decent, and I have not been on a launch monitor. I mostly play by feel, but a high end shaft like that in a $370 dollar club is good deal. TE exotics line is expensive, but I love the fairway wood. Last club I had is a first generation sonartec and I think it has just as much distance as the sonartec, but just more forgiveness. Plenty of workability right or left. Only criticism would be the club is larger than I like. The profile of the club is not that much different, but the crown is larger and sometimes seems as though contact off the deck requires near perfect contact. I have since found this to not be so difficult after familiarizing myself with the club. Overall, I love the club. Very solid feel, great distance and foriveness.

good

sonartec 22-03

April 16, 2009

Reviewed by: Quantumgolfer ,  Shoots in the 80s

Tour Edge XCG 7 wood DVS stiff & 5 wood X-Quad

Summary:
I just spent more on this 7 wood than I spent on my set of irons and over 4 times more than I spent on my 2008 model driver. And that was after having only hit 3 shots with one of these before.
It was incredibly expensive and they dropped in price about a month later (so I bought the 5 wood), but man, is it a fantastic club! Sits dead square at address, looks magnificent behind the ball and the performance is everything Tour Edge Exotics fairway woods are renowned for. I have little doubt that they would be the most played on Tour if no-one was being payed to play other brands. If you have good skills and haven't tried Tour Edge Exotics, you're missing out, big-time. These aren't mega expensive for no reason!
I've hit the original Exotics and the CB2, and this one looks much, much better at address, especially over the CB2, which is also extremely tough to hit. This one is the easiest to hit of the 3 and probably hits it the highest (especially over the CB2). The feel at impact is incredible, especially the one with the DVS shaft.
I bought the 7 wood first, because I thought these wouldn't be easy to hit (and I figured that with the length these hit, 7 wood would be enough for me), but it was easy to hit. I tend to hook most clubs on the market (I've tested heaps of 07-'09 models- see below), but I hit these beautifully straight. I don't try to work the ball, usually, but expect it would be pretty easy to do with these.
If you're anywhere from "pro" to about an 18 handicap, you could absolutely love one of these, in the appropriate loft/shaft. If you want a club that sits square and hits it LONG, straight and high, but isn't small and really hard to hit (like a Titleist or Sonartec for example), you probably won't need to look any further. Take out a loan, if you have to!

Apparently it's brilliant. I hope they keep it up, as I've been playing their EX-1 irons for over a year now, too and plan to buy some more of their irons very soon and possibly an XCG hybrid, as well.

Original Exotics, CB2. Titleist 906F4. Mizuno F-50, F-60. Nike SQ 2, Sumo2. Ping Rapture, G5, G10. Callaway FT, X, X-Hot, Big Bertha '07, FT-i Squareway. TaylorMade R7 Ti, R5, R9. Cobra SZ, Comp, HS9, F-Speed, F-Speed LD 07 & 2008. Sonartec SS 2.5, GS Tour. Adams Insight BUL. Cleveland Hi-Bore

August 30, 2008

Reviewed by: denisetlinda ,  Shoots in the 80s

tour edge exotic 3 wood XCG

Summary:
Was very surprised how smooth this fairway wood was.
got mine with the X QUAD by graphite design stiff.
When they say that this club will give you an extra 20 yards ,believe me it is true.
I usually do not carry fairway wood in my bag,but this one is staying for good.
I am a big hitter,I average 290 yards with my driver(taylor made burner tour with prolunch bleu stiff).
This XCG gave me about the same distance as my driver, but with a lot more control.
Played today for the fist time with it and the first with a fairway wood in at least 3 years and gave my driver a brake the whole game ,last hole a par four 310 yards ,the ball was pin hi.
Do not forget I am talking about a 3 wood,great product .

NONE