>>Reviews >> Fairway Woods >>

Wilson Df6 Fairway Woods Review

Wilson Df6

ETF technology, the Df6 fairway woods feature huge hot zones for consistently long distance. Rear-positioned L-Pods deliver a slightly higher launch angle so those soaring fairway shots land softly.

More Products from Wilson  >>

September 6, 2010

Reviewed by: bob savickas ,  Shoots in the 80s

wilson staff df6 5 wood

Summary:
i bought one brand new. you get what you pay for. i paid 42.00 for it. it plays like a forty two dollar wood. no punch or real solid feel. going to buy a ping and shelf this thing.

July 22, 2008

Reviewed by: David Passoni ,  Shoots in the 80s

Wilson Df6

Summary:
I tend to like Wilson products. I bought a Df6 3 & 5 wood two weeks ago. I hit them with my Deep reds on the range before going to the course. I find I hit them higher with the same distance but the heavier headweight makes messes up my swing. they do not play well with my Deep Red Distance II irons and Dh6 hybrids even though the hybrids have the same aldilla NVS shaft.

Wilson is very helpfull whenever I call them.

Deep Red II
Adams Tight Lies ST
Callaway Big Bertha

November 20, 2007

Reviewed by: Norge ,  Shoots in the 80s

Df6 15 , 19 deg

Summary:
I have to admit that I never would have considered Wilson Staff products in the past had it not been introduced to me during a launch monitor fitting session. This year I switched from my Ben Hogan irons to the Wilson Staff Pi5's and couldn't be more pleased with the results. I have since upgraded my fairway woods with the Df6 3 and 5 woods with the Proforce V2 shafts (reg flex).
First off, the ballflight with the V2 shafts is fantastic. Mid trajectory with a piercing flight, the ball has plenty of carry and roll is easily controlled. The shaft is extremely stable through impact and consistent even on poor hits. I used Graphite Designs YS-6+ shafts previously and was very happy with them but I believe the V2 has a slight edge on them. Both are great performing shafts.
The heads have a clean almost classic look to them. They set up nicely behind the ball and have no distracting features. Performance is very good with surprising minimal distance loss on poor hits and good self correcting properties. Feedback is more noticeable than most other woods but not harsh, enough to let you know where you hit on the face without any teeth jarring shock. The average distance is comparable to many other brands however the face is not as hot when compared to TM's Burner or Cobra and Ping but this difference is only 3-12 yards overall.
These fairway woods perform very well and coupled with the V2 shaft rank right up with the best of them. They may not have the prestige of Titleist or the marketing of TM or Nike but they are worth trying out.
I didn't want to remark on their price because I don't believe that cost should weigh heavily in a review but what you get for the MSRP (which you can find alot cheaper) is a fantastic value.
Yet another Wilson product I'm very pleased with and will consider the Df6 driver soon.

none

All of them, I spend way too much time in the local golf retail store.

November 11, 2006

Reviewed by: Steven ,  Shoots in the 80s

Df6 3 wood 15 deg.

Summary:
You have to try this one !!
I tend to like Wilson Staffs newer line of clubs simply cause of their quality and technology at a value price. They have done a great job in my oppinion of staying in step with the bigger name brands. They look great! and they feel great! But do they perform? Well, I haven't tried them all but this Staff Df6 does the job for me. In their newest line of Df6 fairway woods they teamed up with Aldila. My new Df6 has the Aldila DL 75-r. I'm hardly a huge hitter. I'm using this club from about 200 to 210 out on the grass and 210+ from the tee. I have no doubt this club will go MUCH farther with bigger hitters. If you are concerned about sound it gives off a sharp TINK! I must add that I have a fade swing. Not a slice, just a fade. I really have to work hard to hit straight with most clubs but this Staff Df6 has virtually eliminated my fade and I couldn't be happier!! I have used the Df6 now for several rounds to see if the results were consistant. This club has easily become one of the favorites in my bag. I very much like the new haedcover design over the previous line as well (I have last years Dd5 Driver and Hybrid) This club is replacing my aging Orlimar fairway wood which was ok but not HALF the club this new Staff is. OK, We all know different clubs work different for different people but if You have a nagging fade that you can't get rid of and you want performace at a reasonable cost you might want to give this club a try. It's not going to leave MY bag any time soon!

Orlimar Trimetal 13 deg. fairway