1 Iron Golf 1 3 Irons Review

More Products from 1 Iron Golf  >>

February 2, 2015

Reviewed by: charley sawers ,  Shoots in the 80s

1 iron golf 5 through LW

Summary:
I was very interested but somewhat apprehensive about same length irons. The offer of 30 day money back guarantee was the clincher in deciding to try them. The logic behind the idea seemed sensible because in a standard wedge set all have the same length, same swing weight, etc. with exception of the SW which usually is a higher swing weight. Yet, each wedge hits the ball a different distance and the only variable is the loft. Why would this concept be any different for the rest of the irons? I received the clubs (mine are all based on the length of a standard 7 iron) I practiced with them a few times and then went to play. I have been pleasantly surprised. My launch angle has improved and I am hitting every club about the same distance as my old irons with a lot more consistency and accuracy. I expect my distance will improve the more I use and learn to trust them. The customer service is excellent and the company owner will return your calls to answer your questions. Very satisfied.

October 21, 2014

Reviewed by: James Mooney ,  Shoots in the 80s

1 Iron Clubs

Summary:
I started playing Golf at 70 years old, in March of 2014. My first 18 hole score was 145. I purchased a set of 1 Iron Clubs and Woods in April. I have shot a number 18 holes in the low 80's and one 78 before November of 2014.

Outstanding customer service upon ordering my set of 1 Iron Clubs and after receiving my Order. I have found the 1 Iron Club news letter exceptionally helpful.

I was gifted a set of Neckin Irons and a Ping driver by my father.

January 9, 2014

Reviewed by: Sean ,  Shoots in the 80s

1 Iron golf 3-lw

Summary:
Got a used set of 3-9 on eBay, just to try them out. The difference was immediate and dramatic. I immediately called up the company and ordered a set of woods and wedges.

I'm tall and thin. My case is a bit unusual: I've always hit long irons pretty well (I used to play a 1-iron regularly), but I've long had trouble getting enough height with my shorter irons, because trying to stay down while swinging the shorter shafts felt constricted. As a result, I avoided wedges as much as possible, and played a bump and run style, which worked pretty well most of the time, but ultimately limited my progress.

These clubs changed all that - finally my wedges feel natural, and I get the height band bite I've always wanted.

I lost a little bit of distance on my long irons, maybe 5-10 yards, but I'm way more accurate and consistent with them. A fine tradeoff, if you ask me. I just pull my 5-wood out a little more often, now.

Excellent. They verified that my used set from eBay was the right fit for me, then found me demo fairway woods and wedges to match it. Went out of their way to help me out despite my buying the initial set elsewhere.

Last set was Callaway X-14. They were great, but these are better.

October 31, 2013

Reviewed by: Matthew ,  Scratch Golfer

1 Iron Golf #3 through LW

Summary:
The best set of irons I've ever played, and I've played all the major brands. Extremely well designed and built and great looking clubs. The feel and balance is perfect and they play even better, I get a consistent 10 yard gap between irons and hit them an average 5 yards per club farther then my old Pings.

The best customer service I have ever received from any retailer. They answered all of my questions (very patiently I might add) and delivered my order in record time. I would give my highest recommendation of them to anyone.

In the past I have played Pings, Callaway, and Taylormade.

October 8, 2013

Reviewed by: JoshBB ,  Shoots in the 80s

Full set of irons and woods

Summary:
Fantastic clubs - high game improvement. Three golf pros in my area play these clubs and recommend them to all of their students. They recommended them to me and my ball striking improved overnight. I picked up about five yards per club over my old set of Pings and have exact ten yard distance gaps between clubs. I hit my 1-Iron #3 iron 200 yards carry with a high trajectory.

The easiest to hit clubs I've ever played and the customer service is the best I've ever received.

Exceptional.