1 Iron Golf 1 3 Irons Review

More Products from 1 Iron Golf  >>

August 9, 2015

Reviewed by: Paul ,  Shoots in the 80s

#3 iron to the LW

Summary:
I was skeptical until Bryson DeChambeau won the NCAA National Golf Championship playing single-length irons.

I purchased my full set of 1 Irons (#3 to LW) in mid-June and it took only two trips to the range to get the hang of single-length play. Since then my handicap has dropped four strokes and is still going down.

The clubs fit perfectly and I now only have one controlled and powerful swing to deal with. They are excellent quality and I hit them long and straight at the pin. I have gained around three yards per club over my old set.

I'd recommend these irons to anyone looking to find consistency and a higher level of performance in their game.

Fantastic. All emails were answered promptly and a telephone call I made gave me an insight to my game I had never considered. David Lake is extremely knowledgeable about club design and the golf swing.

Pings

July 21, 2015

Reviewed by: Johnny ,  Shoots in the 90s

1-Irons 3i-LW plus Driver

Summary:
Picked up a set on ebay and have played 2 rounds so far. Added a 1/2" after the first round to get them to the correct length for me. Initially could hit the long irons very well, albeit about 5-10m shorter than normal, but accuracy is well up. I hit 10 out of 14 fairways with the driver and pretty long. As said on many of the posts, a good trade off. Still early days yet, but have already ordered the 3 wood to complete the set. Wedges at the moment are still feeling a little alien, but am certain that I will acclimatize pretty easily.
Previous set are Ping G25's, so have got to be good for me to contemplate changing, and I am sure even at this early stage I will be.

Customer service (David Lake) is the best I have known, and I did not even buy the clubs off him. He is very knowledgeable and always replies swiftly to any queries. Absolutely first rate.

June 30, 2015

Reviewed by: Paul Car ,  Shoots in the 80s

1 iron golf irons

Summary:
I am a solid 14 handicap... 45 years old and can't find any consistency with my game. I have looked at these clubs but dismissed them as I knew I could never resell them.... eBay is my crutch! Literally, I have owned Cleveland hb3 and mt's... Ping i20, TM rocketballz, and settled on my favorites the old Titleist zb's.... Just this year alone. I am an 80ish mph swing speed with 5 iron. I do not carry an iron above a 5 which I hit sporadically... I hit my 7 iron 150.... My friend who is a former club maker bought the 1 iron golf system irons just to tinker with them. He then let me borrow them....
At 5'7 inches tall... All standard clubs are long and I always hit my 8 or 9 iron well.... These were all wtf less than 32.9 inches or equal to my 9 iron.... I hit them better with less effort, and no distance loss. They are deadly accurate with a good swing. And, I hit the 3 iron same distance as my 7 wood with much better accuracy. I have always played my ball in the same spot as I watch the Swing my way videos by Jack Nicklaus... So easy transition for me... The bigger grips were a bit funny at first but adapted very fast... Mentally, a short hitter I am, but who cares if I hit 5 iron or 9 iron on my approaches as it is same club.... I have spoken with Mr Lake personally (even called me back when I left a message on a weekend) and now ordering the driver and the 3 wood.... They are legit.... Wish I tried them two years ago and about 9 sets ago....

A+

TM Rocketballz, Ping i20, Titleist ZB, Cleveland mt and hb3

May 27, 2015

Reviewed by: Larr Wolf ,  Shoots in the 80s

#3 iron to LW

Summary:
The irons are exceedingly well built and their fitting formula is spot on. No loss of distance with the "long" irons like I've heard naysayers claim. In fact, I've picked up a couple of yards with all the irons over my old set. Very playable and consistent ball striking and super accurate. I would rate these irons the best I've ever played and would recommend them to anyone.

I have never before dealt with any company that has the high level of customer service that 1 Iron Golf has.

Taylormade, Callaway

May 12, 2015

Reviewed by: Matthew Falcon ,  Shoots in the 70s

Pro-Line irons #3 to LW (11 irons)

Summary:
I have been playing the 1-Irons for the past nine years (driver, #3 wood, and #3 iron through LW). These are the best golf clubs I have ever played. Recently I upgraded to the 1-Iron Pro-Line (#3 through LW) and have been thoroughly impressed by the additional accuracy and precise ball striking. I still play my original 1-Iron driver and #3 wood.

For anyone who has not tried the 1 Irons I will say that you don't know what you are missing. In my case, when I first started playing them my handicap dropped by 10 strokes within the first year and has dropped by another 8 strokes over the past nine years. My new Pro-Line Irons are allowing me to drop the last few strokes from my game to become a zero handicap.

By far and away excellent. Anyone who says differently has not dealt with this company or their President David Lake, and is simply trying to besmirch the One Iron Golf System concept.