Adams Golf Idea a2 Irons Review

Adams Golf Idea a2

• Low and deep center of gravity
  • 5 - 7 irons. A hollow back design
  • 8 - PW. Cavity-back design
  • Higher MOI provides more forgiveness

January 28, 2008

Reviewed by: juddbud ,  Shoots in the 80s

A-2 Hybrids

Summary:
I replaced my Tommy Armour 855's that I used for 12 years with these.

Pros - Nice feel in your hands. Great set-up over the ball. Very forgiving. Reduced my number of mis-hits and pushes. The hybrids make the ball soar - no need for any wood under a 3 wood in the bag.

Cons - A little clanky compared to my 855's. Haven't gained any extra distance on the mid to low irons.

Overall I am still getting used to the hybrids, but I can tell that I will love them with the great distance and straight shots. These clubs are very forgiving and offer more accuracy than my last clubs. You can't beat the price on these and would be good for any golfer that struggles with consistancy.

January 12, 2008

Reviewed by: burgertime ,  Shoots in the 90s

Adams IDEA A2 Hybrid

Summary:
As advertised, they are extremely forgiving.

3 and 4: Very easy to hit and my shots go stright more often than others. Plus they give me 200-230 yds so I don't even use my fairway drivers anymore. I did notice that my tee has to be placed much lower than normal otherwise occasionally I'd miss the shot.

5: For the life of me I can't seem to hit squat with this club. I'd either hit it thin, shank it, or scuff it.

6-9: like 3 and 4, very easy to hit, though my PW carries the same distance as my 8 and 9 but safer.

PW: I absolutely love this club. Straight with a nice lob whenever I need it. I use it with confidence for anything under 130 yds.

August 17, 2007

Reviewed by: Smeagull ,  Shoots in the 80s

Adam Idea a2

Summary:
Been playing golf for 10 years. First 8 of them with Wilson Fat Shaft RM, which was a great iron set except for the shaft tips bending. Was hitting my PW 120, 5 iron 200...and my iron play was a strength with those clubs. I was playin ghigh 70s low 80s with those.

They were getting old and they weren't making those anymore so i bought the Wilson Fi5's last year (because i got a really cheap price thru a rep). Started off hiting those ok, they feel great from 100 yards in, but found i lost alot of distance. So much so that i really couldn't do much from 150 out.

I started to look for a new set. Demoed the Callaway Fusion, TM R7 TP and Adams Idea a2 all in the stiff steel shaft. Had the Callaway for about a week. I did notice improvement in distance, but not enough to pay $1150 Canadian.

I had the R7 TP 6-iron for a few weeks, felt ok and had just about the same distance as the Fusion 6-iron.

Today i had 2 complete demo sets...the Adams Idea a2 and R7 TP. I played both for 9 holes. Shot a 42 with the TP and a 38 with the Adams. I'd add that the 38 was helped by the iron play while the 42 wasn't all that much really.

I will try both sets for a full round each, but to me i rank them as follows:

1)Adams a2($400 Canadian on sale) - longest, high, strait, cheapest

2)TM R7 TP ($900) - tied 2nd longest, high, strait

3)Fusion ($1150) - tied 2nd longest, high, strait, a bit touhger to hit in thicker grass than other two, most expensive

I do realise TP is a "player" iron, but i did nut quite a few balls and the distance was still shorter than the Adams...i'd say half a club to a club. I had no problem getting the ball up high enough with any of them to stick the greens...but i got there easiest with the Adams.

I have to say i am quite excited to try them out tomorrow in the club championship.

I consider all of them good sets, but for me the Adams performance and cheaper price will probably make me buy the set after my demo period is done.

Fore!

not used

Wilson Fat Shaft RM, Wilson Fi5, Taylor Made R7 TP, Callaway Fusion

July 10, 2007

Reviewed by: BWJ ,  Scratch Golfer

Adams Idea A2 Hybrid #2 18 degree

Summary:
A brilliant club design. Combined with the NV shaft, unmatched in performance.
My "go-to" club. You'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Idea Pro, Rescue, Baffler, Ping Rapture, Nickent.

June 18, 2007

Reviewed by: RickO ,  Shoots in the 100s

Adams Idea A2 Irons

Summary:
Got this set on Ebay for $305 total.I bought this set to replace my Wilson fat shaft irons. Since I've never been able to hit my 3 and 4 irons very well, I decided to buy a set that included hybrids instead of the long irons. The 3 and 4 hybrids are just what I needed. I really like the feel of the entire set as I actually can feel where the clubhead is at any point in my swing. As with any new set of irons I have yet to dial in yardages for each club. They do seem to be slightly longer than my Fat Shafts. Looking forward to years of fun with this set.

NA