Adams Golf IDEA Set Irons Review

Adams Golf IDEA Set

i-Wood Long Irons (#3 & #4 Irons) Part iron and part fairway wood 27% more forgiving than a traditional long iron Very easy to hit! i-Wood Long Irons include headcovers Oversize Hollow Back Mid Irons (#5, #6 & #7 Irons) Hollow back design allows weight to be placed low and back 24% more forgiving than a traditional mid iron Oversize Cavity Back Short Irons (#8 & 9 irons & pitching wedge) Designed for easy to hit shots with better feel, control and accuracy Feature proprietary Aldila high modulus graphite shafts throughout the set

In The Hole Golf

July 19, 2009

Reviewed by: BDsjfd135 ,  Shoots in the 100s

Summary:
Bought these irons used and it has been the greatest thing to my golf game since I started playing. I played regularly for about 4 years and then didn't even swing a club for over 3 years. Started playing again about a month ago and had been shooting in the 110s. I went straight to the course with these and without even even hitting with them on the range I shot a 103. Played an executive course that I usually shoot low 40s on and I shot a 38. The 3 and 4 hybrids are AMAZING off the tee and hit well anywhere else as well. The rest of the set is just absolutely flawless. The carbon fiber finish on the hybrids is amazing and the grips are great and nice looking as well. These clubs have made me love the game more than ever and give me the confidence that I had always been lacking.

My shots are longer, straighter, and higher. The forgiveness is superb and they are just an all around amazing set of clubs.

I had only used clones up to now and they don't even begin to compare. Straight on eBay they go.

October 1, 2008

Reviewed by: SrGolfNut ,  Shoots in the 100s

Adams Idean Tech OS Iron Set

Summary:
Udate of my 9-27-2008 review. I have now played 36 holes with the new irons. The last month I have averaged 105+ for 18 holes of golf. I shot a 95 both rounds with these irons. I am getting more yardage with these irons as I expected. My overall golf game (drives, fairway shots, etc.) has been better. Maybe having a good looking and playing iron set in some way affected my entire game?

I had sent a email with questions. I got a very good response to all of my questions and some advice. Info on how to get a wrench and weights but advising me against doing it as the weights are adjusted for swingweight only. I am impressed with the response.

September 27, 2008

Reviewed by: JW of Denver, CO ,  Shoots in the 100s

Adams Idea Tech OS 3 - PW iron set

Summary:
Just purchased this set on eBay. 3 thru 6 are grapite regular flex hybrids. 7 thru PW are steel shafted regular flex irons. Have tried them only once on the driving range. I am 67 and this is my 4th summer playing golf. I average between 100 and 105 for 18 holes of golf. I am trying to shoot in the 90's and hope this set helps me accomplish that goal. I like the looks at address of these irons. Distance should be longer for these irons because of the lofts. Using the Adams online site to get the lofts of the current Idea A4OS lofts and assuming my set is the same, the lofts are 1 or 2 degrees stronger than you average iron lofts. 1 degree can equate to 2 to 4 yards in distance. Playing 18 holes tomorrow and Wednesday and will update what my experience is after 36 holes of golf.

Have a email request for info on a wrench and instructions on adjusting weights ( not needed on newer models ). We will see how they respond.

Too many to list as I am a senior golf nut.

August 26, 2008

Reviewed by: kuhnj99 ,  Shoots in the 90s

Adams A2 Hybrid Irons

Summary:
I have had this set for a year and a half and I love it. I bought it brand new for $400 USD. I am not sure why more companies dont include hybrids in their sets. Adams does a great job with the hybrids. Now I can use 3 and 4 iron with confidence. The clubs inspire confidence at address with the wide top line. They are very easy to get airborne. I tend to hit a lower trajectory and I have been able to get a bit more height with these. Especially with the short irons it has been nice. I have heard many say that Adams is the "senior" line of clubs.....I'm 31 and I have had great luck with these clubs. They are a great value between the price and the fact that they include the hybrids. I believe that any age group can benefit. I prefer the A2 over the A2 OS as I think that 5 and 6 hybrids are a bit too much.......but if that fits your game then I would go for it.

Havent used.

Demoed Nike Slingshot, Taylor Made RAC OS2, Ping G2

August 5, 2008

Reviewed by: dcg ,  Shoots in the 80s

Adams A2 Hybrids

Summary:
Bought this set new just a month ago. The hybrids are second to none. Easy to hit, long off the fairway and accurate. The 5-PW have the light weight steel shafts. They have a great feel and forgiving results when hit off center. Adams did a good job on these.

no issues