Armour 845 Irons Review

More Products from Armour  >>

April 22, 2017

Reviewed by: Frankie Rice ,  Shoots in the 80s

Tommy Armour 845fs

Summary:
I play once or twice a week and have had a set of 845's since the early 90's. I tried other iron sets Ping Red eye and Callaway X12's but they didn't have the feel of the 845's. Just had them regripped and these are the only irons for me accurate with a nice sweet spot.

February 20, 2017

Reviewed by: Ken ,  Shoots in the 80s

Summary:
Finally went back to 845s solid feel and good trajectory, even from rough. I\'ve had thes clubs for many years but was going from one set to another...looking for \" that \" feel. Now I\'m looking for a new set, but I\'m having a problem finding them. I can only find used not new.

July 14, 2016

Reviewed by: Don ,  Shoots in the 90s

845s

Summary:
I've owned a full set of 855s (1I-PW, plus approach, sand, and lob wedges) since the mid 1990's, these were the "oversized" irons that came after the original 845s. They still hit consistently true for me, and I'm ready to pass them on to my soon as he begins to play. . .the three lines on the hosel indicate the lie of the iron - upright (steepest), regular, or flat. The painted line of the three indicates the lie of the particular club.

June 25, 2016

Reviewed by: Michael ,  Shoots in the 70s

845s Silver Scot

Summary:
I've went through starter sets, and Ping Red dots. Lost my Pings in a burglary of a storage unit, and quit playing gold for a few years. I started looking at used sets this year, and found a guy on Craigslist with numerous sets of clubs. Taylormade, Pings, everything out there. He shops estate sales in a high end, retirement area in Green Valley, Az. My previous clubs I had shortened for me because of my build. I was in his garage looking over some fantastic sets of clubs, drivers, Etc. I had a set of Srixon in my hands, and looked over at the 845s set. Pulled a 3-iron out and compared it to the Srixon and the 845s was about 2" shorter. I started swinging them and the balance and feel was perfect for me. Keep in mind I haden't swung a club in 4-years. Took them to the range and within 40-minutes was hitting straight with average to above average distance. I hit the PW 120yds spot on. I took them in and had the loft changed about two degrees more per club, based on factory numbers. I went back out and was hitting the 3-iron, lofted to 22-degrees, 190yds and straight down the fairway. I regripped them with Rexton over sized grips, and am spot on with these clubs. Now the fun part! I'm a former college football player who still lifts weights consistently. 5'10 and 245lbs. I'm a school teacher and have the reputation of being all muscle with no finesse. One of my assistant principals, who has about $1500.00 in Taylormade equipment, was laughing at my old Scots. This guy was on his golf team, played in college, and is competitive in tournament play. I took him out the a local course, one of the most challenging in Arizona, and pushed him or beat him 14 out of 18 holes! Those Scots played straight, perfect loft for me, and I was laying there looking at birdie or par on every hole. I have these clubs totally dialed in. I've got $140 into the irons including the loft changes and he was sitting there with $1500 in Taylormade gear! New isn't always better. I'm very happy with these old school clubs!I rated them at 4-stars only because the factory lofts were off about 1-degree from factory ratings, and I needed to do some loft changes to bring the best out of them for me.

April 19, 2016

Reviewed by: Marc ,  Shoots in the 70s

Tommy Armour 845S

Summary:
Some of the best golfers I played with in the early 90's had the 845s irons. I always wanted them, just now gonna pick up a set on EBay.
One question: what are those three little lines on the hosel?

N/a