Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pro Irons Review

Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pro

Forged 1030 carbon steel construction for soft response feel. Traditionally shaped clubhead has enhanced effective hitting area. Features thinner topline, more cambered sole and progressive offset throughout set.

More Products from Ben Hogan  >>

September 22, 2010

Reviewed by: zac ,  Shoots in the 70s

ben hogan apex edge pro

Summary:
well this is only the second review I have posted the first for mizuno t zoid pro series (nice clubs) . I have owned or tried almost everything, most callaways up to x20 (sorry about that,wont make the same mistake again I promise) mizuno mp 30 60 67, ping s59 s58 titleist 690 cb 695cb wilson pi7, srixons (again nice) still looking for the holy grail of clubs, but, and it is a big but I was given a half set of edge pro's a year or so ago (no 3, 4 or 7 iron or e wedge ) BUT STILL HOGAN GOT ME BY THE CHUFF, reader, I was hooked. I bought the hogan FTX thinking it would be the same feeling on a pure strike, ITS NOT, nothing is,believe me, so I bought a full set. I have hit blades with the sweet spot the size of a mouse's ear'ole and nothing compares. Distance is fine, accuracy is brilliant and I genuinely believe the Hogan shafts to be vastly underated. They are heavier than Mizuno MX range as sweet as the MP,s and MUCH softer than any Titleist and I have never been able to work the ball like I can with these. I love em and your not having them off me without extreme violence.
In short, great clubs with wonderful feel.

now owned by Callaway and I haven't seen a new forged Hogan from them for a while so won't hold my breath

I would list them all but you probably have a life and dont want to spend the next 3 days reading this. But liked the TP9's and Sayers access blades and Miz pro series best

January 22, 2010

Reviewed by: Jesse Casteel ,  Shoots in the 70s

Hogan Edge Pro

Summary:
Outstanding! The best I have ever played. I like the swing weight, balance and feel. These sticks are long when well struck. My 8 iron is 170 and 9 155-160 and sweet. Like the fored feel and forgiveness. I have two sets and I'll not switch and at 59 best I have played in 40 years at this game. I shot my best round with these a 68 at a tough local layout. Sinply the best

Never needed

You name it!!

January 13, 2010

Reviewed by: Jason Kurnot ,  Scratch Golfer

Hogan apex edge pro

Summary:
I bought these clubs almost brand new for $160 in 2004. I knew very little about hogan irons at the time. They are still in my bag!...and will never leave. I see my friends who are also scratch players switching back and fourth from their mizunos and titleists, never to be satisfied. I keep it a secret how great these clubs are. They have no idea. I occasionally pick other irons out of bags (I am a caddie) and address a ball but have never seen a sexier iron behind the ball. As far as playability: I am a very long player but don't swing out of my shoes (8 iron carries 175, 5 iron 220). I am always pin high when i hit it reasonably close to the sweet spot and never more than 5 yds short when i mis-hit them. They feel so great. I have so much confidence with these irons. I am all about performance as I am aspiring to play professionally and these irons will be with me every swing of the way. Great for all players in my opinion. Only fools and egomaniacs play blades. Research how many tour pros play blades, you'll be surprised. Golf is a game of confidence and results. It was Ben Hogan himself that said if he hit four good shots a round he had a superb day on the course. Golf is a game of misses. And these irons minimize misses and still have perfect feedback on the pure shots. Get them while you can. Don't be fooled by the retail price.

No comment.

Ping g2
TA 845s

June 23, 2009

Reviewed by: JC ,  Shoots in the 70s

Ben Hogan apex edge pro

Summary:
Ever since high school and college days I have played Ben Hogan irons. Those days I played the blade, but since I am now 59 I decided to look for a hogan iron which gave me the playability and feel of the forged blades, yet gave forgiveness when not hit solid. I consistently shoot in the low to middle 70's and find the edge Pro the best set of irons I have ever played. You still get the feed back of the blade and you can work the ball as well. For the low handicapper you will love these irons. For the middle to upper handicapper, you will love the forgiveness.

March 2, 2007

Reviewed by: basharteg ,  Shoots in the 80s

apex edge pro

Summary:
These clubs are a virtual copy of the Apex Edge Plus, clubs that Jim Furyk used for quite some time before going Srixon. While everyone is off chasing the latest and greatest and spending hundreds in the process, Ben Hogan clubs quietly sit in the background and hold their own.
Recently thought of switching to the titleist 755, I'm not imune to the chasing either, and after 3 seperate testing days, I'm sticking with my edge pros.
I have a 10 handicap and find that these clubs are the best I've found for the good player who need a little forgiveness.
Excellent feedback, buttery feel on good shots. Beautiful to look at. Get on ebay and steal a set of these from some schmuck out looking for the newest thing.

not needed