Ben Hogan Apex Edge Irons Review

Ben Hogan Apex Edge

From Ben Hogan Golf: "The Ben Hogan Apex Edge is the first two-piece forged iron with a forged Carbon Steel frame and forged face. This breakthrough technology, coupled with many other unique game-improvement design features, make the Apex Edge extremely easy to play. Now passionate golfers of all ability levels can experience the feel only Ben Hogan forged irons can provide."

More Products from Ben Hogan  >>

January 30, 2013

Reviewed by: Mark Hodges ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ben Hogan Apex Edge Irons

Summary:
I just bought a set of the Adams A12 OS to replace my Apex Edge irons. What a mistake. Today I put my Hogan's back in the bag. I have the complete set(3-9, E, Sand wedge, and lob wedge) I won at a casino in 2002. I will never sell these clubs.

September 6, 2012

Reviewed by: Hoganforlife ,  Shoots in the 70s

Apex edge forged

Summary:
My buddy won a tournament back in 06 and was given these to try. He never hit them??? But gave them to me as I was looking for a new set. I can tell you he is regretting that decision. I was a upper 80's to low 90's when I got these. I have dropped so many strokes its crazy. I have dialed these in and am now hitting my 5 iron 205 and my 4 220, however still have troubles hitting the 3 good but with my distance the way it is I rarely need it. I am looking to change the grips after this year and continue to rip away. I've hit pings,adams,taylormade.. These are the purest iron i've hit. Also the groves have mantained very well:)

Ping i, Adams, Taylormade

March 16, 2012

Reviewed by: JRS ,  Shoots in the 90s

Hogan Apex Edge

Summary:
I fit my own clubs.
Length = I add 3" to standard.
Weight = I pour 2 0z of lead into the very handy pouch that the HOGAN APEX EDGE provides. Otherwise I would find no benefit in the back plate sales gimmick thingy
Lie angle = I bend them 2-3 degrees flat. The HOGAN APEX EDGE is a great club for bending. They are softer steel and don't break like the many stainless ones I have tried and broke while bending. I am not real convinced if forged feedback claims are really all that much of a benefit to the average golfer. But then the 2 ounces of lead that I add may deaden any feedback. But forged steel sure is a dream when it comes to bending lofts and lies.

March 1, 2012

Reviewed by: RC ,  Shoots in the 80s

Hogan Apex Edge irons

Summary:
Always like the looks and quality of Ben Hogan clubs. Was looking for a new set of irons but didn't want to spend a fortune for a pro quality set of irons. Found these online for $375 in like new condition. Was a little worried that a forged club would not be suited to my game but found these forged cavity back irons to be very forgiving while providing great feel. These irons look great and perform with the best. I would highly recommend these to anyone except maybe very high handicap players. An excellent club that you can find at very reasonable prices!

March 7, 2011

Reviewed by: Yoda ,  Shoots in the 90s

Ben Hogan Apex Edge

Summary:
Have been playing since 2003. I do not have consistent swing. A friend who just picks up the game have been hitting consistently (and a Class A player within a year) owns it. Have tried hitting his club in the range and found it made the ball fly any type of hit I make. And I fell in love with the club right away. When he sold his pick-up truck to me, I negotiated that the club goes with it. He agreed and I got the club for free.

Because the club being heavy for me, I gave it to my son as his set. I am using a Callaway X-20 graphite but have inconsistently hit the target with 20-30yds target deflection. Remembering the shot and confidence I have with the Ben Hogan Apex Edge irons, I gave it a try.

I played with the previous owner of the club and he could not believe my iron play which I could not believe too. I broke 90s playing with him. And when I played with another Class-A Korean friend for the second day, he cannot believe the 2nd shots I am making, and all happiness in my face.

Though this club is heavy in weight for me, it gave me a lot of confidence. I really enjoyed playing golf and found new love in the game, saving some strokes, surprising golfmates and will continue to surprise them playing with Ben Hogan Apex Edge irons.

not use

Fila cavity back steel shaft, X-20 graphite shaft, Mizuno MS11 steel shaft, Wilson cavity back iron graphite shaft