Ben Hogan Director Irons Review

Ben Hogan Director

The Ben Hogan Director irons have a semi-long blade with a rounded sole. The plain scooped out back and thin top line make these as functional as they are traditional looking.

More Products from Ben Hogan  >>

March 10, 2017

Reviewed by: Jerry Walden ,  Shoots in the 90s

Hogan Director

Summary:
I just purchased a set of Hogan Directors,(3-PW) from Goodwill. I liked their Look, Feel, and especially the Grips (They haven't been hit much, as they are clean and the previous owners name and address is scotch taped just below the grips, ...like last year.(?). I paid $350 for a set of CHEAP Irons, three woods, and a putter in the late 60's for a PE Class in college... VS $15 bucks for the Hogans, a putter and a serviceable bag @ GW this week. My last round was at Sunol, Bay Area, 40 years ago, broke 100. Best 9 holes was a year before in Bettendorf,IA, 5 over par, back 9. Out side of a lot of range work and trying to hit picnic tables in the park with a 9 iron, that's been it. 20 years ago, I gave the Wilson's to my nephew. Will be installing a net in back yard to chip/drive into, graduate to range and look forward to fun on the links this summer, in my retirement...

To fill out my playing "Set", I will not go for the traditional woods. There seem to be some nice oversized drivers and fairway wood type clubs I will research. Definitely will not go for the Big Bertha type Driver... (Someone above stated essentially, it's not so much the tool as it is the operator...)gaw

August 8, 2014

Reviewed by: Bill Gant ,  Shoots in the 80s

hogan director

Summary:
Bought a used set in 1983 to start my golf career. Had a 27 handicap and in 8 years got to an 8. Hit a hole in 1 on 09/11/1991 at Honeywell golf course in Wabash Indiana and I'll never part with them. Tried newer clubs but there just isn't that feel.

March 27, 2014

Reviewed by: Craig B. ,  Shoots in the 70s

hogan directors

Summary:
just bought a playable set from a goodwill
4-e gonna re-grip & test against apex pro forged with #4 shafts can,t wait to see what happens

titliest 762,962, & dci blacks, taylormade
tp mc,s & original burners

April 13, 2010

Reviewed by: Ken Thrasher ,  Shoots in the 90s

Hogan Director

Summary:
I learned how to play with a set of Directors that belonged to a club pro.The faces had hit thoisands of balls. The old guy told me if I hit them where he did that I would always be straight. I was convinced by a friend to go to perimiter weighted. I sold the Directors and always regreted it. I bought a set on ebay in perfect shape for 18.50 (2-PW). The red numbers on the bottom are perfect. They look as though they have rarely ever been hit. They are the most beautiful irons I have ever seen. They are so good I will buy iron covers so they do not touch one another. I have hit every top brand and will never part with my Hogans again.

Ping Eye 2, Ping Zing, Ping Zing 2, Callaway Big Bertha, S2H2,nothing else looks like or plays like the Directors

February 19, 2010

Reviewed by: Big_Genuine ,  Shoots in the 80s

Hogan Director Forged Blades

Summary:
As one of the other reviewers indicated, these blades are "like butter" when hit well, but can be unforgiving as well...but that's part of the beauty of playing a good blade. I've been playing blades all my life, and these are the best I've owned. Also, like another reviewer on here, ironical that I too found a full set at Goodwill, re-gripped them and have been using for 2 years now. I bought a set of Titleist DCI cavity backs as well, and always seem to go back to the Hogans.