Ben Hogan Director Irons Review

Ben Hogan Director

The Ben Hogan Director irons have a semi-long blade with a rounded sole. The plain scooped out back and thin top line make these as functional as they are traditional looking.

More Products from Ben Hogan  >>

March 27, 2014

Reviewed by: Craig B. ,  Shoots in the 70s

hogan directors

Summary:
just bought a playable set from a goodwill
4-e gonna re-grip & test against apex pro forged with #4 shafts can,t wait to see what happens

titliest 762,962, & dci blacks, taylormade
tp mc,s & original burners

April 13, 2010

Reviewed by: Ken Thrasher ,  Shoots in the 90s

Hogan Director

Summary:
I learned how to play with a set of Directors that belonged to a club pro.The faces had hit thoisands of balls. The old guy told me if I hit them where he did that I would always be straight. I was convinced by a friend to go to perimiter weighted. I sold the Directors and always regreted it. I bought a set on ebay in perfect shape for 18.50 (2-PW). The red numbers on the bottom are perfect. They look as though they have rarely ever been hit. They are the most beautiful irons I have ever seen. They are so good I will buy iron covers so they do not touch one another. I have hit every top brand and will never part with my Hogans again.

Ping Eye 2, Ping Zing, Ping Zing 2, Callaway Big Bertha, S2H2,nothing else looks like or plays like the Directors

February 19, 2010

Reviewed by: Big_Genuine ,  Shoots in the 80s

Hogan Director Forged Blades

Summary:
As one of the other reviewers indicated, these blades are "like butter" when hit well, but can be unforgiving as well...but that's part of the beauty of playing a good blade. I've been playing blades all my life, and these are the best I've owned. Also, like another reviewer on here, ironical that I too found a full set at Goodwill, re-gripped them and have been using for 2 years now. I bought a set of Titleist DCI cavity backs as well, and always seem to go back to the Hogans.

August 27, 2009

Reviewed by: geoffrey ,  Scratch Golfer

Ben Hogan Director

Summary:
God where do i even begin to describe these clubs. Ok Ive played 3 sets of blades in my lifetime; MacGregor MT Pro Cut, Mizuno MP30, and Wilson Tom Kites. It felt like i had to come through faster with every swing to barely get close to where I wanted it. One day I went to Goodwill(seriously good clubs just need restration are there all the time) and I saw these nasty Ben Hogan blades but loved the look of them payed $20 bucks for them, went home and spent hours cleaning out the groves and face they look brand new now like they just came off the rack 20 years ago. I love the feel too, the face feels like velcro when i hit it. Honestly ive never hit a set not even cavity backs this well i had a handycap 13 when I got them, its been three months and im at an 8, and im still in highschool ha. They improved my game greatly.

April 12, 2009

Reviewed by: pdan ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ben Hogan Director

Summary:
Bought the Hogan Directors new in the early 80's. played them for over 20 years. Bought Taylor Made's OS with grafite shafes because of the hype etc. they were longer higher but ablolutly no feel and I could not get use to the fat blade line. I'm back with the beautiful Hogan Director's that I have always used covers on, in love again. Feel the ball again, great when it's sweet and painfull when I mess-up... as it is in love.

who need it when a club is made this good?

none