Ben Hogan Edge Irons Review

Ben Hogan Edge

More Products from Ben Hogan  >>

February 25, 2017

Reviewed by: AceK ,  Shoots in the 80s

Hogan Edge Forged (original)

Summary:
I found a complete set of these irons 2-W in a Habitat for Humanity thrift store's "junk club" barrel. They were 100% original(serial no.& Apex3 shaft labels intact) they also had the green and black original Hogan grips which were so dry rotted that they crumbled in my hands. The clubs were covered in crusty dust, but upon close examination they looked like most of them had NEVER been hit, and you had to look close to see the marks on the ones that had been. I cleaned them up and re-gripped them and they looked almost pristine. I took them to the range for a test. The results, a big WOW! I was going to sell these before I hit them, but now they are going in the bag. The kicker is I only paid $1 dollar a club for them. Best deal ever!

Callaway RAZRX Tour
Maltby MMB

January 26, 2017

Reviewed by: K. Harris ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ben Hogan Edge Forged Irons

Summary:
What else is there to say but that I keep coming back to these irons and putting them back in my bag? I am a bit of a club junkie and try almost everything out there once it becomes affordable. The Hogan Edge Forged irons are the perfect mix of playability and forgiveness for a low to mid-handicap player. They are cavity back with little offset, only a modest mid-size head, so they are easy to hit and do not overly punish mis-hits.

The feel is great like other forged irons on solid strikes, yet do not feel too harsh when I miss the sweet spot - which happens more than I like to admit.

I have kept these irons, my Ping Eye2+, and the Callaway x20, and have gotten rid of all the older stuff as well as all the newer clubs I have had over the last many years. Nothing is an improvement over the Hogans.

MP-60, MX-23, Wilson Staff Ci9, Nike Forged Pro Combo Tour, and many others.

September 19, 2016

Reviewed by: Blake ,  Shoots in the 90s

Hogan edge forged gs irons

Summary:
have a set of these irons for sale if anyone is interested.

January 6, 2013

Reviewed by: Tod Percle ,  Shoots in the 80s

Hogan Edge Irons

Summary:
Also love my old Hogan Edge Iron Set from the late 80s/early 90s. They were my first set and like other posters I keep going back to them for the feel.

I also have a couple of new unopened right hand P through 3 sets - anyone know what they are worth?

September 10, 2011

Reviewed by: Dave ,  Shoots in the 80s

Hogan Edge forged irons

Summary:
I have had my Hogan Edge forged irons since 1994, and they were used then. I love them! I have gone from being a 20+ handicap to now a 10 and still love these. They let you know when you make a poor swing (sore hands help improve my swing at least as much as the swing tips on Golf Channel!) and reward you with that sweet feeling when you are making contact. Sadly, they have been so well used that the grooves are losing their edge and the leading edges of many of the clubs are getting so damaged from the inevitable little rocks/detritus and such that I (occasionally!) hit whilst playing that I now have to (sadly) replace them. Any thoughts on a similar new iron set? I have tried the Adams CB2 irons (also forged) and quite like them but would like to find another set or two to compare...thoughts??