Ben Hogan Edge Irons Review

Ben Hogan Edge

More Products from Ben Hogan  >>

September 19, 2016

Reviewed by: Blake ,  Shoots in the 90s

Hogan edge forged gs irons

Summary:
have a set of these irons for sale if anyone is interested.

January 6, 2013

Reviewed by: Tod Percle ,  Shoots in the 80s

Hogan Edge Irons

Summary:
Also love my old Hogan Edge Iron Set from the late 80s/early 90s. They were my first set and like other posters I keep going back to them for the feel.

I also have a couple of new unopened right hand P through 3 sets - anyone know what they are worth?

September 10, 2011

Reviewed by: Dave ,  Shoots in the 80s

Hogan Edge forged irons

Summary:
I have had my Hogan Edge forged irons since 1994, and they were used then. I love them! I have gone from being a 20+ handicap to now a 10 and still love these. They let you know when you make a poor swing (sore hands help improve my swing at least as much as the swing tips on Golf Channel!) and reward you with that sweet feeling when you are making contact. Sadly, they have been so well used that the grooves are losing their edge and the leading edges of many of the clubs are getting so damaged from the inevitable little rocks/detritus and such that I (occasionally!) hit whilst playing that I now have to (sadly) replace them. Any thoughts on a similar new iron set? I have tried the Adams CB2 irons (also forged) and quite like them but would like to find another set or two to compare...thoughts??

June 15, 2010

Reviewed by: cokesh ,  Shoots in the 90s

Hogan Edge

Summary:
I just traded a Cleveland driver for a set of these. The clubs are in very nice shape. I tested the 6 iron prior to the trade and I was very impressed. Hitting the rest of the set was the same. Very nice. I do find I hit these farther with my 7 iron averaging about 165 vs around 155 with other irons I've tried. I even hit the long irons better than my hybrids. I have found that I love hitting forged irons. I have had nothing but problems hitting the "max game, and game improvement" irons. The soles and heads in general are just too fat. I may as well have a cinder block on a stick. These aren't super small either, but I can hit them well. I will trade off play between these and the set of Wilson Goose-necks (which also hit beautifully) that I have. Yep, forged irons all the way for me. I'm of the belief that my game will improve if I can feel if I have hit the ball correctly or not. Not having a big trampoline face that lets me play fat/dumb/happy with any old lousy swing.

Wilson Goose-neck fg-53, cleveland launcher, callaway x-22, cleveland CG Gold.

May 3, 2010

Reviewed by: Renman ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ben Hogan Edge Original Forged

Summary:
If you can still find a decent set of these with Apex Steel Shafts, buy them! I originally bought these use about 12 years ago. Since that time, I now have a set of Ping G10's and TM RAC's and I keep going back to the Hogans. They feel very sweet!

Ping G10, Taylormade RAC