Callaway 2002 Big Bertha Set Irons Review

Callaway 2002 Big Bertha Set

Wide, rounded constant wide sole design positions weight low and deep with reduced turf drag VFT technology and patented 360° variable undercut channel provide tremendous forgiveness New loft progression and set progression- 4-10 iron and wedge - eliminates the distance gap between the 9 iron and pitching wedge.

More Products from Callaway  >>

August 5, 2014

Reviewed by: Jon ,  Shoots in the 80s

Big Bertha 2002 Irons

Summary:
This is an awesome set of clubs. Growing up, I had a knock off set of the same model and loved them. I then moved to more of a players iron(Cleveland TA7 Tour), and though I played well with them, I missed the high ball flight of my old clubs. Since I had already given away my knock off set, I decided to buy a used set of the real deal from Callaway preowned. I have to say, these are the nicest clubs I have ever hit. If my game is on, it doesnt matter what clubs I'm using. If my game is off, these clubs can really save a round with their forgiveness. No matter your skill level (I typically shoot 82-84 from the back tees), you will find that these clubs flat out perform.

Callaway Big Bertha 2002 Knock Off, Cleveland TA7 Tour

July 20, 2012

Reviewed by: Willy B ,  Shoots in the 90s

Big Bertha Irons 2002

Summary:
Definitley not a great golfer but am on the up! Have borrowed Brosnan's and Maxfli's from mates, have found them a bit inconsitent but recently purchased the Callaway Big Bertha 2002 on Ebay for $180 and have found improvement with all the irons instantly. Very forgiving and alot smoother shots played.
Would be fair to say you pay for what you get. I'd be reluctant to consider upgrading in years to come.

Brosnan and Maxfli.

November 16, 2010

Reviewed by: alfa ,  Shoots in the 100s

Callaway Big Bertha 2002

Summary:
I´ve started golf just 6 months ago. I took some lessons and ´ve done all what is recomended out there in order to improve my game, however,being honest: I suck. In that period I have tried at least 5 diferent iron sets, most of them old sets that friends borrowed me (King Cobra II, Tommy Armour 845, Taylor Made R7, etc) and have to admit that the problem was me, not the arrows. I really consider myself the worst golf player in the world, and even was thinking about giving up. And then...I bought this clubs. Today was my second day in the course using this irons (3-S, uniflex shafts), and had some shots that almost made me cry. The ball fly high and straight, no more slice, no more problems. I still have a long road but this irons save me today (9 holes with some job buddies, that have 20 years of golf each..you know how it is...and my game was not bad at all, I even beat them in two holes). My confidence is in an unknown level and I can´t stop thinking of golf. Love this babies.

King Cobra II, Tommy Armour 845, Taylor Made R7, Maxfli 8don´t remember the model)

October 28, 2010

Reviewed by: Dave L. ,  Shoots in the 70s

2002 Big Bertha Irons

Summary:
I have had 4 sets of this iron in steel, regular flex, firm and strong flex over the years. E-Bay buy and sell you know a real club junkie, I have a set of Fusions now that are great but the 2002 Bertha's ARE the best irons I have ever hit/played, the only problem is I tend to hit a hook and the offset with a quick swing can be a problem. If you want to lower your scores and hit a long iron as well these are the irons.

The best of any product or service I have ever used.

Big Bertha 1994/x-12/x-14/x-16/x-20/Fusions/DCI's/Mizuno Grads

August 11, 2010

Reviewed by: emarino@windstream.net ,  Shoots in the 70s

callaway 2002 berthas

Summary:
I bought a set of these in 2002 when they first came out and played very good with them.I don't know why i put them away for the new Taylormade,Mizuno,Adams,Etc clubs that were going to make me better but after 8 years it didn't happen so they're back and golf is much easier with these irons.BASICALLY THESE ARE VERY EASY TO HIT HIGH AND FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Callaway customer service is the best in the industry

TAYLORMADES,MIZUNOS,WILSON,ADAMS,CUSTOM IRONS AND SOME I'M SURE I HAVE FORGOTTEN.