Callaway Big Bertha Irons Review

Callaway Golf

March 1, 2009

Reviewed by: gatorworld9 ,  Shoots in the 70s

2004 Big Berthas

Summary:
last year I bought the 2004 Big berthas with Graphite Shafts. The irons I had before were Nike CPR. The Big berthas are very forgiving and are easy to hit. They are ten times better than the nikes. So if you are looking for a iron set that is around $300 and a set that is easy to hit and forgiving, then these are the ones for you

May 5, 2008

Reviewed by: dwmccleney ,  Shoots in the 100s

2008 Calloway Big Bertha

Summary:
I just started golfing back in October of 2007 and used Wilson 1200's and a Top Flite set purchased at Wal-Mart. I averaged in the 120's. In January, I bought a 3-LW set of '08 BB's, a Nike SUMO driver and a Taylormade Rescue hybrid. Since then, I'm averaging low 100's to mid 90's, depending on driving and chipping. These clubs knocked about 20 strokes off my game once I got used to them. I hit about 110 yds. with my AW and 200-210 with my 3iron. VERY straight shooting irons. I'm usually on in regulation or a short chip on for my 3 shot on long par 4's(400+ yds.) and am regularly getting birdie attempts. If you're a beginner or need an extremely forgiving iron at a reasonable price, I would suggest these. I just bought a set of X-20's for myself and am giving the BB's to my son so he can start hitting better shots.

Did not use.

Wilson, Top Flight, Ping G2's

June 12, 2006

Reviewed by: bjdrivers ,  Shoots in the 70s

2006 Big Bertha irons Uniflex Steel

Summary:
I want to write an honest review here. I consider myself an accomplished golfer. I would shoot in the mid-low 80's on a regular basis. I have tried both Titleist and Callaway clubs for over a decade. I keep going back and forth. Well, last fall I switched to Callaway again because my handicap wasn't going down. I sold all of my Titleist clubs and decided on the new 2006 Big Bertha irons after demo'ing the 6 iron. All I can say is WOW. I was using the Titleist DCI 990b irons, which were decent, but switching to the berthas has been a God send. I am hitting a lot more greens in regulation now and my confidence is sky high. I got a full set of these babies. 4-LW. I was a little aprehensive about getting the matching SW & LW due to the offset, but I'm glad I did. My bunker play and short game around the greens have improved as well. Even the 4 iron is easy to hit. The forgivess of these irons is incredible. Callaway has made the game so much easier these days. I also switched to the HX tour 56 golf ball. Well, I now shoot from 76-80 consistently now. It usually just comes down to putting for me. Thank you Callaway, you have made the game much easier and much funner to play!!

never used

Titleist (don't expect forgiveness from their clubs)

April 26, 2006

Reviewed by: moncho ,  Shoots in the 100s

Callaway Big bertha

Summary:
I demoed a 6 iron steel shaft regular flex today. I was going to weait until tomorrow to go to the range, but curiosity killed me and I went to the 8 hole behind my yard. I hit this 6 iron 150-160 yds consitently. Yeah, I know this is the norm for a 6 iron, but I never got this much distange out of my 6. The ball landed on the green over and over and would sit right there, it did not roll out of the green as it does with my current set now. I am lefty and fight a tough slide to the left, but with this club the ball went right where I aimed it. I was thinking about demoing a Nike slinshot OSS, but cant find one. i might buy these set overe the weekend, although i might go to a graphite shaft.

Too hard of a name to mention, but it is Mishasawa or something like that

December 16, 2004

Reviewed by: morley1948 ,  Shoots in the 80s

2004 callaway big bertha irons

Summary:
I was shooting n the low 90's, and sometimes slipped into the 100's before my purchase of the 2004 Big bertha's. After playing withe the clubs for a month I am now shooting in the low 80,s and have finally broken the 80 mark shooting 78
These clubs are very forgiving as well as very easy to hit. I find that at the bore through the exposed end of the shaft had a tendency to start rusting after a few months, but Callaway quickly took care of the problem. Would recommend to any mid handicap player.