Callaway Diablo Edge Irons Review

Callaway Diablo Edge

Callaway Diablo Edge Iron Set 4-PW, GW with Steel Shafts The Callaway Diablo Edge Iron Set features stainless steel irons that are the longest Callaway has ever created. This added length provides increased distance without compromising feel or performance. The lower, deeper CG makes the sweet spot more accessible and is in-line with where amateurs most commonly strike. The Solid Impact Sole is designed to mitigate the effects of heavy and thin shots and improve the impact location on the face f

More Products from Callaway  >>

July 22, 2016

Reviewed by: Joe Giardullo ,  Shoots in the 80s

Callaway Diablo Edge irons

Summary:
Funny thing. These are my "old" irons. I replaced them with Callaway X-Hot Pro, which I've played for 2 years and loved from the first.

But recent iron struggles and a serendipitous broken shaft on the X-Hot 9 iron had me pull out the Edge 9 iron while the new club was repaired. I hit so well and so consistently that I put all of the in my bag today to see what would happen.

Not only was I delightfully surprised by the VERY accurate and pin-hunting shots I hit, my partners were rather shocked, too.

The offset seems to help me compress the ball, and the feel has been great. the head is bigger and heavier than the X-Hot, and I think it suits me better. I can feel the head when I swing it.

They'll stay in my bag now. :-)

May 29, 2013

Reviewed by: Austin Steele ,  Shoots in the 90s

callaway diablo edge

Summary:
noticed with the irons that the closer i get to the 3-4 iron im shooting the same distance with the 5-6. not really getting any more distance out of them.

January 25, 2013

Reviewed by: R. Jay ,  Shoots in the 70s

Diablo Edge Irons

Summary:
I've played Blades all the way thru SGI equipment. Blades will give you a little more feel - if thats what you're really looking for. SGI/GI equipment will allow you to be a little more forgiving and a whole lot longer. Dont believe the idea that you cant work SGI equipment. I can draw and cut at will with any of it. I play quite a bit and enjoy playing GI equipment, as it gives me more distance, accuracy, and enjoyment. It's also fun playing a sleeper when you play the courses regulars - then post a 68 or 69 on them. They call it a fluke - I call it a beat down. :)

Learn to play the equipment you like - the rest will take care of itself.

May 28, 2012

Reviewed by: Randy Wright ,  Shoots in the 80s

Summary:
Don't let the fact that they are easy to hit fool you, these are some very fine irons. I have the regular flex graphite shafts and I also have a set of the steel uniflex Diabo R clubs which were a 2012 reissue of the original Diablos. I highly recommend either set, they are awesome irons.

You name them I have hit them.

April 17, 2012

Reviewed by: birdiehunter44 ,  Shoots in the 70s

Callaway Diablo Edge

Summary:
Easiest set of irons to hit i have ever played. I shot my lowest round ever with them and sold them shortly after. If you are a mid to high handicap player just looking to play solid golf, then these are great. If you are a mid handicap and want to become a better player. These are not for you. They are too easy to hit and dont offer much feedback. If you can find a set of Callaway x-12 pro irons in good shape, you will have the best of both worlds.

Used customer service on a Driver that broke on 3rd swing. I believe the shaft was damaged in shipping. Best customer service i have ever dealt with.Had new driver in 3 days.

Taylormade Burner Plus irons. Another great set for mid to high handicap.