Callaway Diablo Forged Irons Review

More Products from Callaway  >>

Callaway Golf

June 5, 2012

Reviewed by: Daymon Johnson ,  Shoots in the 70s

Summary:
Just phenomenal! These truly are a very good set of clubs. I have long had a bias towards Callaway, as I have never liked the top lines, never liked the clunky size and never really liked the offset.

That said, these clubs will replace my Wilson Staff FG-59's, which might be one of the best blade forgings around. I have long been a blade player, and this season, after seeing my handicap balloon to about a 4 (3.8) from a 1.5 or so I realized the time has come to make a change to something that might be more forgiving.

I went to my local Golsmith and hit these, and in a word, I has SHOCKED at how nicely they performed. The price was stellar as they wer elightly, and I do mean lightly used....3, 4 and 5 had never been hit. The set I have included the Nippon NS950 Stiff shafts, and those are probably some of the better shafts around.

The flight is a tad higher than I'm used to, but surprisingly, the spin is much, much better and the distance, I have found is almost spot on to what I usually am hitting.

The biggest difference is the forgiveness on mis-hit balls. I rarely catch it on the toe or heel, but I have noticed that when I do, the result is much more liveable than with my traditional blades. Whereas before I might be short, or miss right or left, they now stay on line and the distance isn't that far away from what it should be.

If you're a blade player, looking for a more forgiving club, or a game improvement guy looking to upgrade these are a very nice choice. They're great sticks.

not applicable.

Mizuno MP-67, 68. Titleist 660, 690 MB. Cleveland CG1 and Wilson Staff FG-59.

December 18, 2011

Reviewed by: jimh0923 ,  Shoots in the 70s

diablo forged

Summary:
just a quick review after a month of use. The clubs have a nice crisp fell not like a mizuno but but very nice. You know when you hit the sweet spot and know when your off. the distance is very good and at least as long as a none forged callaway. the best part is distance control..very consistant and accurate. As I start to push 70 the conbination of forgiveness, feel, accuracy and distant fit my game very nicely.

bought from callaway preowned...they are great...european version like new condition appeared to be never hit