Callaway Hawk Eye Tungsten Injected Irons Review

Callaway Hawk Eye Tungsten Injected

Price per club/graphite shafts; $150 per club/steel shafts; $170 per club/special order shafts. Titanium heads

More Products from Callaway  >>

April 15, 2013

Reviewed by: jw ,  Shoots in the 90s

Callaway Hawkeye irons

Summary:
I was a Ping guy until I revisited these irons. I have played the PIng eye 2 irons and the Ping g2 irons. I decided to go back to these irons when I saw a complete set become available with my hard to find loft 3* upright. I played these clubs years ago when they first became available and then I gained an extra 10 yards to my game and was surprisingly accurate. Since making the switch back, I have seen an improvement with my accuracy and I believe that new technology is not always equal to better results.

Ping, Ben Hogan, Callaway, Mizuno.

December 1, 2010

Reviewed by: Dimplings ,  Shoots in the 80s

Callaway Tungsten Injected Hawkeye irons; graphite regular shafts 3-SW

Summary:
Can an iron introduced more than 15 years ago be superior to today's clubs? I believe it. And many of you will too if you can just get your head around its less than sleek look. Plus the fact it is not the flavor of the month.

And being an old guy, I have hit everything that remotely resembles a golfing iron. I'd hit a leg off a table if I thought it would propel a ball better. I've gone full circle from clubs like the Hawkeye I played years ago and Ping Eye 2s through to modern offerings such as Fusions, etc.

Well, today I have made a progressive step backward to what I believe are better performing clubs.

Technology made have made vast strides in driver technology. But that doesn't mean iron technology has benefited in the same way.

Your buddies may kid you for reverting back to what they call shovels. Tell them you'd sooner play a shovel than a plastic hairblower.

No experience to date.

Every iron offering from Ping, Callaway, Titleist, Adams, Nickent, Taylor Made in the past 20 years.

November 10, 2008

Reviewed by: Joe S. ,  Shoots in the 80s

hawkeye irons

Summary:
I purchased this set of irons from Callaways preowned shop and could not be happier. After having owned Pings and Taylormades in the past (oops and a set of pal-joeys and maxflis way back in the day) I wanted something more forgiving and easy swinging this time around. After doing my homework I ordered these with graphite regular flex shafts...I'm getting older well only 35 but found that my swing simply did'nt have the swat it once used to carry. I had all stiff flex and even tour stiff shafts in some of my other sets. My distance is back and these clubs were easily affordable after selling my taylormades I even had money left over to buy the matching 3 wood and driver. I also purchased a white hot#2 putter, a vintage xtour 54* wedge and a heavenwood #3 hybrid from Callways preowned site. All the clubs wer in better conditon than they describded and play very well. One reviewer asked how to hit them correctly...I did need to adjust my swing a lil with these clubs...They like it nice and easy...These babies do not need to be pushed with the regular flex graphite shafts...ball in the middle and just swing easy...I hit a 202 yard par 3 green with my 5 iron first time out and did'nt even have to push my swing to do it...They have a nice soft feel and are very forgiving ...I was pushing and pulling the ball a lil at first just simply due to the fact I was playing xtra stiff shafts before...A nice controled easy swing puts these irons long and easily in play !!!

Callaway is the best

My bag Callaway vft hawveye 10* ultralite reg. Callaway hawkeye vft 3 wood sys60 shaft. Adams rpm adila nvs shaft reg. 5 wood . 3h Callaway heaven wood. Hawkeye irons graphite reg. lite 4-pw. Xtour Callaway vintage 54* 11 bounch s300 dynamic gold shaft. odessey white hot#2 34" putter

August 9, 2008

Reviewed by: bd927 ,  Shoots in the 100s

callaway hawkeye tungsten injected

Summary:
I love the clubs, been using for 3 yrs now. taken awhile to find the compacted swing. Can anyone tell me how the correct way to hitting them though

great

June 26, 2008

Reviewed by: Sir_Rebral ,  Shoots in the 80s

Hawk Eye Tungsten-Injected Titanium Irons Steel Shaft

Summary:
I have been playing golf for approximately 20 years off and on. After coming off a long hiatus I decided to get back to playing on a regular basis. My old clubs unfortunately were stolen (if you are out there hope you like ping zing 2s you numbnuts!) I stumbled on this set of irons at the recommendation of a friend and I could not be happier of the theft that occurred! These clubs have a heavy base assisting with preventing thin shots and also allowing a level of forgiveness that I have not felt in any other club. I was formerly a 20+ handicap but since my new found enthusiasm (all secondary to these irons to be truthful) I am now a 13. I highly recommend these clubs to any beginner or intermediate player (as i cannot speak for those devilish single digit handicappers.)