Callaway RAZR X Tour Irons Review

Callaway RAZR X Tour

Callaway RAZR X Tour 3-PW Individual Iron with Steel Shafts The Callaway RAZR X Tour Iron creates tighter shots, shorter putts and lower scores through uncompromised performance. Most irons today are designed to maximize one specific performance benefit- distance, forgiveness or feel- while sacrificing all other critical areas needed to hit more greens. To consistently hit it close and shoot lower scores, golfers need to be able to make shots from all areas of the golf course. That's why RAZR Te

More Products from Callaway  >>

In The Hole Golf

GolfSmith

May 11, 2013

Reviewed by: Chris Estep ,  Shoots in the 80s

Razr X Tour Irons

Summary:
I purchased these irons from Dick's Sporting Goods. They were on sale at the time, 3-PW for $549. I loved the way that they felt and they have not disappointed me at all. I was playing Callaway X-18 irons and I just needed a change. I'm hitting the ball about one club farther with the Razr-X irons. I also hit the new X-Hot Pro irons and to be honest I could not tell much of a difference between the two set...except for the price. I was hitting the X-Hot slightly farther, but could attribute that to the stronger lofts in the X-Hot irons. I can't wait to actually get to play consistently...I've been battling HCL and the after effecst for about 8 months now, but I feel so much better now and I'm ready to be out on the links.

I have not needed to contact customer service about any of the Callaway iron sets that I've owned. I did have a Callaway FT-IZ driver and had problems with the stock shaft breaking. Callaway replaced the shaft with a stock shaft twice and then replaced the shaft with an upgraded shaft...all at no charge.

Callaway X-14 irons and Callaway X-18 irons.

October 6, 2011

Reviewed by: ukenout ,  Shoots in the 80s

Razr X tour irons

Summary:
Ordered these from Callaway witht the Nippon 950 regular steel shafts as i wanted something to get the ball flight higher. Clubs came in and I took them to the range today. I was suprised as how small the heads looked, I know they are tour heads but they don't look to small or to big and chunky. I warmed up and took the PW out first and put a 3/4 swing just letting the club drop and hit the ball and pow the ball launched and had a nice high ball flight to my target. My next swing I put some muscle behind it and I was pleasantly pleased at the muted whack and fast ball launch. The ball flew with a piercing high flight but landed softly. My friend came over and hit with me and we hit the 7 iron and he couldn't believe I was out distancing him and he was the one that taught me to golf! I will say that coming from Mizuno forged irons to these Callaways I was alittle worried about losing that nice feel Mizuno's are known for. Yes these are not forged clubs but I am a player that enjoys some forgiveness with some playability. I like them so far and will report back after I get some rounds in.

Great customer service, very knowledgeable staff helped me with my shaft selection.

Muzino MP 60's and Taylormade R7TP.

May 10, 2011

Reviewed by: phillipabbey ,  Shoots in the 70s

Callaway Razor X Tour

Summary:
I am a club maker and for the past 6 years have played clubs that I have either built or reshafted because I do not trust the mass-produced clubs being accurate in length, flex, spine alligned, frequency matched, loft, lie, etc; The problem with making clubs is that you never get your hands on the newer designs and are forced to deal with component companies or run the risk of buying fraudulant heads on Ebay. That being said it has been several years since I purchased a set of brand-new clubs and decided to do so to see how far behind the latest technology I really am. I received my new Razors yesterday and played them for the first time. I could not believe the feel of these clubs. I hit every greeen but two in regulation. You notice that even miss hits go towards the target. The thing is that it seems difficult to hit these irons poorly. I have never said that before about a set of irons. Not only are they very accurate but they are long as well. I would say that I picked up 1/2 a club with each iron. I expected to have to reshaft the irons with what I feel are "nicer" Rifle shafts but after yesterday I will not be tinkering with these bad boys. This is the first set of irons that I have ever purchased that made me instantly more confident in my game and that is after one round. I have never reviewed a set of clubs before but thought that I couldn't pass on these. Try them at a demo-site and you will become a believer.

I called Callaway after registering the clubs having purchased them through Quibids and simply wanted to confirm that they were legit. The person was very friendly and confirmed that Callway only lists their serial numbers on the 8 iron as I was concerned that it was not on each club and confirmed the set was legit by looking up the serial number.

You name it I have played it.