Callaway RAZR X Irons Review

Callaway RAZR X

The Callaway RAZR X irons feature a lower, deeper center of gravity and a consistently hot face for distance and accuracy. The new Razr Technology will lead the industry into the next generation of iron design by delivering the distance and forgiveness of a wide sole iron while retaining the playability and turf interaction of a thin sole iron.

More Products from Callaway  >>

In The Hole Golf

June 30, 2013

Reviewed by: Straight Shot ,  Shoots in the 80s

Callaway RAZR X NG

Summary:
Wow! I feel like I’m cheating the game with these clubs. Long and straight. I’ve gained a minimum of 10-15 yrds and my poor shots are not far off the line. They feel great in your hand and look even better at address. I know the model is about 2 yrs old, but whatever. I’ve played Taylor Made irons for the past 13 yrs and I can seriously I’m a converted man. Callaway all the way.

Taylor Made Burner, Taylor Made RAC, Cleveland

September 20, 2012

Reviewed by: DRS ,  Shoots in the 80s

callaway RAZR X

Summary:
Have been looking for some new sticks and read all the hype about this years current models. Tested eight sets of irons. The RAZR X was not the longest in the bunch, but, won hands down in the distance/accuracy department.
Solid head design, with in my opinion, the best sole interaction with various lies I have ever found in a clubhead.
To sum it up, these sticks are not hype, they are the real deal.
BEST IRON I HAVE EVER PLAYED

not used yet

Cleveland CG4, Ping G5, Titlest DCI 762, Callaway X-14, Wilson Ultra 45.

October 31, 2011

Reviewed by: pistol grip ,  Shoots in the 80s

diablo octane tour 8.5

Summary:
best driver i have found for windy conditions,keeps ball low and good distance gained about 20 yards on my drives without overswinging club.prior driver was a zl set in closed position 7.5 which got the ball to high in windy conditions.d.o. tour felt better than razr driver and shaft felt it loaded better

used once they are okay

cobra zl,taylor r9,callaway hawkeye,and all callaway made in last 10 years,cobra speed pro s

October 13, 2011

Reviewed by: Beefman ,  Shoots in the 80s

razr x

Summary:
I started off the season looking for a set of forgiving irons with some pop. In my mid 50's now and have lost some yardage. I really thought the Burner 2.0's would be the ticket, but found them long but the distance control was too inconsistant. The A7 were very good but I
fought with the 6 & 5 irons .
Demo'd the razr X irons with steel shafts not a fit for my swing, but then hit the reg. flex graphites ... oh now we have something here. I knew I wanted these but took a few rounds to get use to the offset
which is abit more than I have played before. Then it clicked , and man it clicked ! Distance control and spot on for accuracy. Hit 15 of 18 greens , hit 2 shots fat ,just didn't have the ball back far enough in the stance.
Since then these irons are solid preformers ..long, straight and accurate with a mid high ball flight , good feel & spin, very consistant distance control.
I like to hit a little fade with my long and mid irons a abit of a draw with my short irons and I can pull these shots of with these irons but If you want to point and shoot.. thats where the Razr x irons shine. Green finding machines !!
Forgot to add the stepped sole of these irons is simply fantastic from all lies they play much better the the wide soled g15 or g20 irons.
Had these in the bag when I won our senior club championship.
Highly recommend these irons. Just get fit to a shaft that fits your swing and you are set.
Side note ..haven't tried the the razr x hybrids but the Diablo edge hybrids really solid & straight. cheers gb

Callaway golf ...top notch service.

Burner 2.0, Adams A7,Ping 15, G20, x20

August 16, 2011

Reviewed by: Marty59 ,  Shoots in the 70s

All

Summary:
The Callaway Razr X are outstanding. I've been playing blades or "tour" level clubs for 40 years. Played with an old friend the other day and asked to hit one of his Callaway Razr X's. OMG! Sold. Played the backside in even par. It's the best club I've hit by far.

Just sold my Taylor MAde Rp TP's