Callaway X-12 Irons Review

Callaway X-12

The 1998 Big Bertha Irons feature all of the game-enhancing characteristics of the Great Big Bertha Titanium irons in a stainless steel head. The sweet-spot of the club has been increased over the standard Big Bertha iron. The weight has been re-distributed around the club and the center-of-gravity has been lowered to create a more heel-and-toe balanced iron. The top line has also been thinned to make this the most playable club Callaway has ever created. (Price for 3-PW Steel Shaft)

More Products from Callaway  >>

Review Abstract
The Callaway X-12 sets up nice, and are "excellent irons!" While a little more "bulky" looking, the X-12 give you great control, and allows for high and consistent hitting. You can get the ball airborne with little effort. "The forgiveness of these are great." Capable of shooting in the 80s, these irons are good off the tee, from the rough, as well as from the fairway. You can have effective hitting from all areas around the greens. These irons "allow you to have lots of fun." Owners were pleased with their investment. Callaway X-12 are the irons that "are worth every penny!!!"

June 24, 2013

Reviewed by: super gt ,  Shoots in the 90s

Callaway X12 rch 99 graphite

Summary:
Played lots of irons and these are a match for any and can be worked either way or just straight. They have a nice sound at impact not tinny or clunky at all, in fact quite the opposit, they are almost as quiet as a forged iron.They have an offset which suits me. Good stopping power on the green , quite high ball flight. Eaay to use out of the rough, even the long irons. I find them better than hybrids from the rough. All in all a beaut iron. I am not looking to buy any more I shall just try and improve with these , so far I have only used them for 5 rounds.

not used but from other reviews they are very good.

Ben Hogan CFT, Big Berth 1994, Nickent 3DX, Rawlings offset irons, Confidence irons , Mizuno mx20 Tzoid which were my favourites.These were all pretty good clubs but my search is finished for now.

September 22, 2012

Reviewed by: Nick ,  Shoots in the 80s

Callaway X-12

Summary:
These irons were given to me, and I must say, I had no idea they were as old as 1998. Great height with the low irons, an great control in the short irons. The workability is outstanding for a set that is as forgiving as these. I do find the wedges hard to use, simply because of the thickness of them, so I swapped in a vokey 56* and an s-tour 60*. In fact I was skeptical of all the irons past 6 because of how thick they looked at adress, but I've seen the light now.

Great irons, probably extremely cheap now, super long and with very good control (for their class). I'd certainly recommend to anyone, especially those who want a bit of fun with the ball while also maintaining a high level of forgiveness.

April 24, 2012

Reviewed by: Just Brilliant ,  Shoots in the 80s

Callaway x12 irons

Summary:
I bought my x12's with rc 96 stiff graphite shafts at the Vegas Callaway store after a good blackjack night. Hard to believe it's been so long ago. For the last few years, I've tried many different clubs, and just havent been able to get the same feel I have with the x12's. The thing about the Vegas store, it's thinner air and a higher elevation then I play. I was hitting the 5 iron 205 yards, while back east, I get 175 to 180. To sum it up, the Razrs aren't the replacement for the x12's.

December 28, 2011

Reviewed by: Robert ,  Shoots in the 90s

Callaway x-12

Summary:
Got these clubs a few months back and can say I'm nothing but amazed! The feel is great and quality is top notch. These clubs seem to make even a slightly off shot still playable. I've tried some of the newer callaway clubs and for the money these are a better buy as they dont feel much different from the more expensive stuff out there. I did my research on these clubs and couldn't be happier.

Callaway diablo , Ben hogan

July 3, 2011

Reviewed by: joe ,  Scratch Golfer

callaway big bertha x12

Summary:
These are the best irons I have ever played. Very easy to hit the ball high, low, right and left. These clubs are for all skill levels. Those who say otherwise have no idea what they are talking about.I traded in my mp33s for these and it has been the best trade I have ever made. Two clubs longer than the mp 33's..easy to hit and yes they are straighter. I recommend these clubs to anyone who plays the game

never used it