Callaway X-14 Irons Review

Callaway X-14

Price for steel shafts; $899 for graphite.

More Products from Callaway  >>

Callaway Golf

June 9, 2012

Reviewed by: Reynier ,  Scratch Golfer

Gallaway X14

Summary:
Where can i get a set of Gallaway X14 i am living in Roodepoort JHB South Africa

January 14, 2010

Reviewed by: Repleo ,  Shoots in the 90s

Callaway X-14 Steel

Summary:
My X-14's were my first set of clubs and I have them for 8 years now. I am still a high handicapper. The X-14's are not super long but they give me very consistent distance control and accuracy. I just relax and play my 80% shot and watch the ball sail right where I expected. On my home course, I usually have to play into the green with a long iron for regulation. No problem hitting the green, just can't stop it from that distance. They give great feedback. Off center shots still get there while center shots just sing 'sweet'. I added the A,L & S wedges to the set but I use my Cleveland CG12 54deg wedge instead of the A wedge around the green. I get out for a few holes 2 or 3 times a week now and thought I might go for a set to take me to the next level. However, after reading the reviews here I have been reminded of the gems that I have. I think I will spend my money on getting them fitted properly instead. My Pro told me to get the lie adjusted 2 deg and I never did. Also, I changed to mid sized grips last spring and not so sure that was a good idea. I still think they are one of the best looking clubs ever.

Never needed it.

None.

August 30, 2009

Reviewed by: jpparadis ,  Shoots in the 90s

Callaway x-14 reg steel shaft

Summary:
Four years ago, I bought a used setof x-14 on ebay, just to try. I played then ping eyes and I saw at once a difference in the length of my shots. It is true that the loft of x-14 is lower, explaining partially the additional distance.

Since I play my x-14 with confidence.

I have also a set of ping zing and x-14 both with graphit shaft in back-up.

Mcgragor RPM, Ping Eyes, Ping Zing, ...

August 29, 2009

Reviewed by: jack ,  Shoots in the 80s

callaway x-14

Summary:
i think thease are a realy great set of irons i have had them about a week now and they have realy my improved my game i would advise any intermediate golfer's to buy them i did have some mizuno mx-19 and i would pick the x-14 over them anyday

August 3, 2009

Reviewed by: Peter Stickland ,  Shoots in the 80s

Callaway X14 steel shaft irons

Summary:
Excellent set of irons. I've been playing them for years and have absolutely no complaints. I've got a set of Mizuno MP33 blades as well, but now that I'm over sixty, arthritic, and (unlike Tom Watson) unoperated on, I tend to prefer the Callaways. They are very long, much longer than the Mizunos and, if you have to resort to stroking the ball as I now do, produce every shot you need. I stop at the 9 iron and use Titelist Vokey and Mizuno Tour wedges. Playing alone, and resorting to the occasional Mulligan, I can still get round in scratch with these clubs. They're great and a well struck shot gives as much pleasure, if not more, than with a blade!

Never had to use it.