Callaway X-16 Irons Review

More Products from Callaway  >>

April 14, 2017

Reviewed by: Van ,  Shoots in the 80s

X 16 Irons

Summary:
Well, here we are, 2017 and I've tried a lot of the newer offerings. Callaways XR Irons, the new Steelhead XR's and all these that are calling plastic "tungsten" (its plastic people) I purchased a set of these, fine toothed the grooves and gave em a polish. They hit just as well, if not better than a lot of these so called "technology advanced" clubs out there. You want game improvement, don't seek it in a product, invest in your physic and take some lessons. Not just from one trainer, but from a couple of different ones. Unlock your unique swing by finding what's comfortable for you. These Irons have DEFINITELY stood the test of time. Seen a LOt of chewed up clubs from the same years of their release and I've gotta say, Callaway outdid themselves with this offering. I think they could re-release new X16's and they would fly off the shelf as long as they kept to original specs.

Not familiar, but they seem good

XR's, Steelhead XR's, X20's, X22's,
The list is immessuarable

October 31, 2007

Reviewed by: golfinprogress ,  Shoots in the 80s

X16

Summary:
Easy to hit . Got my desired distance . Very forgiving . I scrapped my old lob wedge , since the X16 sand wedge can do the job . I intend to retain this clubs for a long time .

RAC , Nike Slingshot

September 5, 2007

Reviewed by: Mike ,  Shoots in the 70s

Callaway x-16

Summary:
These are the easiest to hit irons I have ever played, and thats saying a lot because I've demo'd basically every new iron that has come out since the original DCI's. These are extremely easy to maneuver, and do pretty much what you want them to every time. If you can't hit a long iron normally you'll be able to hit these, I used to have problems with them but now I hit these so well that I purchased the set 2 iron and it is amazing, long and straight, it is my security blanket when the driver leaves me.

A+, broken a few shafts on tree roots and such, and Callaway is great about fixing the problems

X-14's, Taylormade Burners, Nike Sling Shots, Cleveland TA7

September 30, 2006

Reviewed by: Pky6471 ,  Shoots in the 90s

Callaway X-16 iron

Summary:
I'm shooting in the high 80s and low 90s. Bought this set which came with 55-g R-flex graphite shaft. I hit them straight but too high resulting in lost of distance. I later learned that 55-g shaft is for senior (Oooop, my mistake... I thought that I would pick up head speed with lighter shaft).. I called Callaway customer service department and they were happy to reshaft the whole set 3-PW with R-flex graphite shaft CW (I think 75-g shaft)... I got my distance back, but I still have problem using my 3-iron so I bought a hybrid... I have not been able to use 3-iron, from any manufacturers, and probably it applies to most of us... So now I really enjoy this set of club, I just wish that I could hit my 3-iron ... My swing, not the club

Callaway customer service department is A+++++++++++ ... I will continue buying Callaway clubs because of its excellent customer service department... Callaway is willing to work with you even though it's your faults

King Cobra Oversize II, TaylorMade

September 30, 2006

Reviewed by: agjr200hp ,  Shoots in the 90s

x16 SteelHead

Summary:
Great clubs. Very forgiving and consistent. If something goes wrong, you know it and can determine easily that it wasn't the club. :-)

Not used