Callaway X-22 Irons Review

Callaway X-22

The X-22 Irons don’t disappoint and are the best X Series irons Callaway Golf has ever created. By maximizing perimeter weighting, these irons boast an MOI that’s 10 percent higher than their predecessors. The ideal CG position has been preserved, generating optimal ball-flight trajectories.

More Products from Callaway  >>

October 5, 2012

Reviewed by: Brandon Macdonald ,  Shoots in the 70s

callaway x22 irons

Summary:
Love them. Replaced grips with winn lites (medium). Shaved 3 strokes off handicap. I hit a really high ball now, so wind is more of a factor, but they deliver consistant trajectory and distance.

Callaway Diablo driver, woods, utility 3 hybrid.

August 12, 2012

Reviewed by: Victor Maas ,  Shoots in the 70s

X22

Summary:
I was one of the first in Holland to own an X22 golf set. From the beginning i was very satisfied. Love to use it!

Bought at Club hockey & golf in Tilburg. Great shop! Thanks to Levon van Haaren!

Ping classics.

March 26, 2012

Reviewed by: Golf For Fun ,  Shoots in the 90s

Callaway X-22

Summary:
Bought my set of graphite shaft X-22's from Golf Town. Saved $250 from the regular price and decided it was time to treat myself to a brand name set of irons, likely the last set I'll need to buy.

I like them a lot. It is true, you will see a 10+ yard gain on your well-struck shots. I had a 150 yd. shot to the front of a green (normally a 7 iron) and I cleared the flag-stick, leaving a ball mark well beyond. I figured I hit that shot 165 yds!

Very forgiving too and with the graphite shafts, reasonably light clubs. The ball flight can really sky if you want it to, yet despite being 'game improvement' clubs, they aren't the clunkiest looking option on the market.

I am still learning to get the most out of these clubs, but they definitely inspire confidence. The quality is excellent.

Highly recommended for anyone who loves to play golf every year. A good investment in more ways than one.

Before the X-22's, my golf bag was filled with a mix of junk clubs. None of a recognized brand name, that's for sure! LOL

August 11, 2011

Reviewed by: Jack ,  Shoots in the 80s

Callaway X-22

Summary:
Bought to replace a set of Taylor Made Rac OS. Priced great @ less then 400.00. Fantastic, ball explodes off the face providing great carry. Not so "game improvement oriented" that you can't work the ball. A more traditional look for a Callaway product with a thinner top line, a very attractive set of irons and well worth the money.

July 14, 2011

Reviewed by: Larry Jonak ,  Shoots in the 80s

Callaway X-22 irons

Summary:
I purchased the X-22 irons over a year ago after comparing with the Ping G15, Mizuno MX-1000 and the Callaway Diablo Edge. I got the regular flex graphite shafts. Unlike others I love the Callaway grips. For me these irons were slightly shorter than the the Mizunos and the Diablo Edge. About the same distance as the Pings. They were the most accurate and had the most back spin. There doesn't seem to be any distance loss if you hit them a little on the heel or the toe. In fact last night I hit a nine iron a little on the toe into a par three and the ball spun back to about 18 inches from the hole. With previous sets of irons I always seemed to have a favorite iron in the set. I like all the irons in this set. Long irons are easy to hit.